Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 06:36 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
You don’t hold kids for extended periods of time without alerting the parents, ever.

If it was so bad that he had to park the bus for such a length of time, he should have called for help.

She went inside the bus to get her child (after watching him yank/grab another child.) He got physical with her. He pulled her hair and she punched him.

Everything about this video is wrong, from the unruly kids, to his behavior, and then to hers. No way was he in the right on this one.

How would you feel if you went to pick up your child from the bus stop at 3:30, only to be waiting for 30+ minutes with no sign of the child/bus? That would be enough to give any parent a panic attack.

Again, you DO NOT hold kids without first alerting the parents.
They were not in harms way during the "stop" phase.

Yes your opinion is not valid insomuch as the scenario was the bus drivers duty to be attentive to all the students safety.
My sons knew the bus rules. The one occasion when the bus was delayed us parents didn't go on a revolt. We followed the protocol. If I sat and waited for them at the stopped bus...I did so with the understanding they were safe.
The parent entered a bus that she had no authority to be on. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2019, 07:27 AM

17,206 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post

Yes your opinion is not valid insomuch as the scenario was the bus drivers duty to be attentive to all the students safety.
My sons knew the bus rules. The one occasion when the bus was delayed us parents didn't go on a revolt. We followed the protocol. If I sat and waited for them at the stopped bus...I did so with the understanding they were safe.
Alert the school so that the parents can in turn be properly alerted as well. Simple enough.

Old 09-25-2019, 07:39 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Keepin that stereotype alive.

Old 09-25-2019, 07:45 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Alert the school so that the parents can in turn be properly alerted as well. Simple enough.

Yes, they should have done that but I still think that the parents over-reacted in a big way.

In this case the driver had pulled over twice due to unruly behavior from the kids and he radioed for help. These were middle school aged kids and a lot of them called their parents to alert them of their location. The parents who showed up called the district as well as the police, in addition to mom who jumped aboard and got into a fight with the driver or para.

From watching the video you would think that the bus driver was trying to prevent kids from getting off a burning bus or a bus where there was a tiger on the loose inside. Everyone was screaming and freaking out. If people would have just calmed down and waited a few minutes for the police to arrive (they came right after the video stops) the outcome would be different.

The Mom who was arrested has raised close to $1800 on her gofundme as of this posting.

Old 09-25-2019, 07:48 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Boot their A$$ off the bus and let these neanderthals figure out how to get their thuglets to school. It's probably all on the tax payer dime anyway. Make them attend their default school where they live.

Old 09-25-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post

It’s true that unauthorized adults are not allowed on the school bus. It’s also true that drivers are not allowed to let students off of the bus unless they are at their regular stop. It’s true that drivers are allowed to stop if they have a bus load of unruly kids.

I remember bus drivers pulling over and telling everyone to calm down. I also remember repeat offender kids getting suspended from the bus. None of it was a big deal.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:01 AM

One perspective:
https://www.coloradoindependent.com/...-parent-fight/
Quote:
Community activists are pointing to the incident as another example of racial bias in Denver Public Schools. Activists are calling for the bus driver and aide to be fired.

“We’re looking at a systemic issue,” said Hasira “Soul” Ashemu, a community activist whose children were not involved in the incident. “Black and brown parenthood is being criminalized. … How many white mothers would have done that same thing to get access to their child?”

Jennifer Bacon, the school board member who represents northeast Denver, said her heart is with the families who endured the trauma of the chaotic event — especially since the district has committed to taking a “trauma-informed” approach to nurturing its students.

“You can hear in the video people crying,” Bacon said. “We need to be sure we live up to our commitment to be trauma-informed. That, one, we don’t trigger it. And if it occurs, we respond.

“I do think the families are owed an apology.”

Old 09-25-2019, 08:30 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
That lady should instantly be arrested and have her azz beat herself. Un-f-ing-believable

Clearly they did not teach their children to respect authority. They should all be suspended from taking the bus.

This is why I do not have kids. I'll be in jail from beating my kids azz for being a part of that whole situation (I live in Denver)

She WAS arrested.

Old 09-25-2019, 01:07 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,587,698 times
Quote:
I watched the video... She shouldn't have jumped into the bus... But... Why was he grabbing onto children like that? I saw him literally try to yank a girl back into the bus. And she punched him after he started to pull her hair. She retaliated.

If one party is MORE at fault than the other, it's the driver. If the bus was that much of an unruly ****show, he should have called for help, and waited for it to arrive. I'm pretty sure said help would have been there before the kids' parents arrived.
That's not what I saw.

First, the bus driver is in charge of the children. If any of the kids had left the bus & gotten hit by a car, guess who everyone would blame? The person who is supposedly in control of the children, the one who is charged with their safety until delivered to the school: the bus driver.

The parents were out of line to interfere with the driver doing his job. Showing up to check on things, to make sure the kids were safe, is fine. Getting on the bus, yelling, trying to interfere - not fine. As we can see.

Horrible example for kids, to see an adult behaving like one of the kids, or worse. No wonder the kids are that way.

Old 09-25-2019, 01:19 PM

17,206 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
That's not what I saw.

First, the bus driver is in charge of the children. If any of the kids had left the bus & gotten hit by a car, guess who everyone would blame? The person who is supposedly in control of the children, the one who is charged with their safety until delivered to the school: the bus driver.

The parents were out of line to interfere with the driver doing his job. Showing up to check on things, to make sure the kids were safe, is fine. Getting on the bus, yelling, trying to interfere - not fine. As we can see.

Horrible example for kids, to see an adult behaving like one of the kids, or worse. No wonder the kids are that way.
Oh I agree with that. Yelling at the driver and getting on the bus is way out of line.
I just also think that the driver should have handled things MUCH better than he did. If the bus is going to be delayed THAT MUCH, he NEEDS to find a way to alert the parents, be it by contacting the school, or the parents directly. No parent should be wondering where their child is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events