Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2020, 06:04 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,664,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Let’s make a deal.

We horrible Americans will cease visiting Canada with our viruses if you stop posting on C-D.

Self-isolate. Start today.
This is not bashing Americans, or calling you horrible. This is a health crisis, and YOUR country is many weeks behind most other countries in dealing with this. Your infection rates, and death rates are concerning, and are a concern with many here. Your testing is WAY behind, so the actual numbers aren't known.

Our own provincial government has this to say. So stop taking this personally, it's not a personal attack on the people of the US.

https://thetyee.ca/News/2020/03/16/B...ose-US-Border/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2020, 06:27 PM

14,734 posts, read 15,190,583 times
Quote:
Let’s make a deal.

We horrible Americans will cease visiting Canada with our viruses if you stop posting on C-D.

Oh, for crying out loud, don't be so foolish! Grow up and grow a conscience and recognize the severity of the crisis the world is facing right now. USA included.

Old 03-16-2020, 06:32 PM

293 posts, read 247,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post

We may regret this.

The mess that is happening in the US is just starting.
Yeap, usually I support most of Trudeau's decisions but I can't say I agree with this one.

Canada will be paying a costly price should the border with the US not be closed.

The reckless way in which the Trump administration has handled this crisis is nobody's fault but themselves for electing a totally unfit person to run their country.

And the worst is yet to come..

Old 03-16-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
This is not bashing Americans, or calling you horrible. This is a health crisis, and YOUR country is many weeks behind most other countries in dealing with this. Your infection rates, and death rates are concerning, and are a concern with many here. Your testing is WAY behind, so the actual numbers aren't known.

Our own provincial government has this to say. So stop taking this personally, it's not a personal attack on the people of the US.

https://thetyee.ca/News/2020/03/16/B...ose-US-Border/

Thanks for posting that. I totally agree with those conclusions. Nobody is so high and mighty that they should get a free pass. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander!

Old 03-16-2020, 06:38 PM

2,307 posts, read 1,396,202 times
Back in February 11, a little over a month ago, I posted this. No one seemed worried then.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/57316031-post609.html

BC now has 103 confirmed cases. 35 of them in postal code V5Z, and 23 in V3V - are they spread all over these neighborhoods or are they being quarantined in a hospital, say Mt St Joseph Hospital and Surrey Memorial?

Old 03-16-2020, 06:40 PM

7,319 posts, read 9,394,942 times
Quote:
Let’s make a deal.

I think this is a post you'll want to rethink.

Old 03-16-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAROD View Post
Yeap, usually I support most of Trudeau's decisions but I can't say I agree with this one.

Canada will be paying a costly price should the border with the US not be closed.

The reckless way in which the Trump administration has handled this crisis is nobody's fault but themselves for electing a totally unfit person to run their country.

And the worst is yet to come..

I usually agree with most of Trudeau's decisions too, but I have a feeling he agreed to this decision reluctantly since it seemed from the look on his face as he announced it (and the reluctance of the health ministers who were discussing it later in interviews) that he and they were NOT happy about it. Personally I think some entity is holding a threat over Canada's head if Canada doesn't comply .... and it sure as hell ain't Mexico or the Caribbean.

Old 03-16-2020, 06:47 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,463,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post

The couple appear to have lied to save their vacation. If they had been at home in Indiana, I doubt they would have lied.

Wow...inconsiderate pieces of ****.

Old 03-16-2020, 07:12 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,561,794 times
Quote:
I just read that people over 60 shouldn't go to the grocery store. I may just lock myself in, and start with a

https://beerme.com/brewery.php?24002

and forget about my walks.
Dang! I'd stay in for that one myself. Just golfed my last round in Fla. today and had to settle for a pitcher of draft Amber Bock at the nineteenth hole.

Noticed there was a distinct absence of Canadian license plated cars in the course's parking lot and on the local roads today.

We're moving everything up now to as fast as we can get this place shut down and beat feet north.

Hopefully leaving Thurs. AM.

We are anticipating no problems crossing.

It is important to mitigate the stress of all of this by keeping your sense of humour intact and encourage others to do the same.

I'm confidant that everyone I've encountered on these boards are more than capable of handling this with the usual aplomb.

Old 03-16-2020, 07:43 PM

7,694 posts, read 5,577,019 times
https://twitter.com/ChrisDca/status/1239678769125711872
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events