Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 10:17 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I guess we'll see what justice will be like when she gets sentenced

I'm not surprised she/her attorney will appeal it.

I'm surprised the jury had so many men with only a few women. I wonder what would have happened if there weren't so many men jurers.

I don't recall ever reading that police had warned her before.

It will be interesting to see what kind of time she will serve.
Years ago she was stopped for doing around 92MPH on the freeway. The police officer who ticketed her testified he warned her the danger of driving so fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2024, 07:23 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Guilty on all counts!
Good. May she rot like the garbage she is.

RIP sweet boys, justice has been served.

Old 02-25-2024, 11:47 AM

7,066 posts, read 4,510,340 times
I don’t understand how someone can live with themselves after doing this. I hope she spends the rest of her life in prison!

Old 02-26-2024, 03:51 PM

2,020 posts, read 976,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Years ago she was stopped for doing around 92MPH on the freeway. The police officer who ticketed her testified he warned her the danger of driving so fast.
Our family friend is her neighbor in Hidden Hills, and say she is commonly speeding around the neighborhood there.

Also...I would love to know her lawyers' reasoning for taking this to trial. I'm not really up on the earlier details of the case, I wonder if a deal was offered.

Old 03-19-2024, 06:09 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
What goes through this woman's head?

Prosecutors want Rebecca Grossman’s access to jailhouse phones cut off after they say she encouraged illegal conduct and her team attempted to tamper with jurors who convicted her of double murder.

Deputy Dist. Atty. Ryan Gould and his colleague Jamie Castro filed a motion Monday that detailed several jailhouse calls Grossman had with her daughter and husband since her Feb. 23 conviction for killing two young brothers in a crosswalk while speeding on a residential Westlake Village street.

According to court documents, Grossman told her daughter, Alexis, to make public a deputy-worn body-camera video that had been sealed by the judge and to direct another person to talk to the judge about a new trial. She also encouraged tracking down witnesses to get them to say their testimony was directed.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...duct-from-jail

Old 03-19-2024, 08:05 PM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
IME, many people who are aggressive enough to head up successful, respected organizations are egotistical and arrogant with an overly high opinion of themselves. Just because someone was involved with a benevolent organization doesn't mean they do all the compassionate work themselves or that their motivation was even altruistic. They covet being a figurehead, to get their name on a letterhead; to rack up societal brownie points. Their association lent them an air of sanctity they never had and that might have been what they really wanted out of the whole thing. Doesn't mean they can't be thoughtless or self motivated. Consider all the religious practitioners who have molested parishioners. CEOs of other charities convicted of fraud after bilking members out of millions. Because of their "reputation" others could have dismissed accusations of misconduct for far too long. Why did the idiom "how the mighty have fallen" become an idiom? So sad kids had to lose their lives to someone who believed they were so superior they could drink whatever they wanted and still control a two ton pile of metal/plastic.
Candy Lightner, the founder of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, well after the founding of MADD, was arrested for and pled guilty to a DUI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events