Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2024, 12:11 PM

17,403 posts, read 16,553,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuremote View Post
Did you read any of the articles?

It's possible, and some say likely, that he hit the kids first.
It sounds possible that they both hit and killed those children and that they both belong in the slammer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2024, 03:37 PM

2,057 posts, read 1,000,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
It sounds possible that they both hit and killed those children and that they both belong in the slammer.
That's my takeaway as well, BOTH hit the two kids, possibly at the same time, possibly one after another.

Old 02-19-2024, 12:33 AM

23,875 posts, read 33,587,145 times
Quote:
That's my takeaway as well, BOTH hit the two kids, possibly at the same time, possibly one after another.

Agree, it sounds possible they both hit them or each hit one kid. They should both be charged

Old 02-19-2024, 09:16 AM

29,524 posts, read 22,680,154 times
It's sickening but not suprising she's avoided facing punishment for her heinous deeds. I read that she's missed multiple court hearings through the years and now her attorney has the gall to shift blame away from her. There is not an ounce of guilt or remorse for her actions; she is counting on her background and acts to somehow magically erase her 'mistake.' She deserves at least 25 years behind bars, so sick of the rich and famous getting away with murder.

Witnesses in Rebecca Grossman’s Trial Testify That They Saw SUV Strike Boy

Quote:
Two prosecution witnesses testified Tuesday in socialite Rebecca Grossman’s murder trial that they saw a pair of Mercedes-Benz SUVs speeding before the white vehicle struck a young boy who was crossing with his family in a Westlake Village crosswalk in 2020.

Grossman, the 60-year-old co-founder of the Grossman Burn Foundation, was charged in December 2020 with two felony counts each of murder and vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence, along with one felony count of hit-and-run driving resulting in death, in connection with the Sept. 29, 2020, deaths of 11-year-old Mark Iskander and his 8-year-old brother, Jacob.

The older boy died at the scene and his 8-year-old sibling died at a hospital.

Old 02-19-2024, 09:24 AM

17,403 posts, read 16,553,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Agree, it sounds possible they both hit them or each hit one kid. They should both be charged
I think they are trying to deflect blame onto each other to make it unclear who bears responsibility so it'll be harder to make the charges stick.

They sound like terrible people.

Old 02-19-2024, 10:11 AM

2,057 posts, read 1,000,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I think they are trying to deflect blame onto each other to make it unclear who bears responsibility so it'll be harder to make the charges stick.

They sound like terrible people.
He already had charges brought...and dismissed...under a dubious deal.

But yes, this certainly seems like the strategy.

I believe both hit the kids in some fashion.

Old 02-20-2024, 12:50 AM

Quote:
He already had charges brought...and dismissed...under a dubious deal.

But yes, this certainly seems like the strategy.

I believe both hit the kids in some fashion.

It sounds like it may be possible according to one witness in the article above that Suburban Guy shared

It sounds like she's also saying neither video simulation is correct.

Quote:
Another witness, Susan Manners, said she was out walking when she observed the family waiting at the crosswalk “lined up like little ducks in a row,” calling it a “sweet moment.”

She said she noticed the family start crossing the street, and “realized that it sounded like a train was coming … an enormous noise of cars,” which she said was so unusual in the sleepy area.

When Deputy District Attorney Jamie Castro asked what happened next, the woman told jurors “there were two impacts.”

She said her view of the first impact was obstructed by being behind a car, but said she saw the second impact in which a vehicle in the left lane hit one of the boys within seconds after the first impact.

“I did see the body flying up into the air. I didn’t see the impact because that would have been from the front,” she said. “I did not see the body come down to the street.”

“This is the boy that I saw hit in the second impact,” she said of Mark, noting that he was much further down the roadway. “I can’t even say how horrific the impact was and I knew that he was deceased.”

When asked if she attributed the impacts to two vehicles, she said, “Yes,” based on where she was standing, what she heard and what she observed.

Old 02-23-2024, 07:02 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Guilty on all counts!
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 02-24-2024, 05:09 AM

26,748 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Guilty on all counts!
The verdict was read in a tense, packed Van Nuys courtroom. The jury of nine men and three women found Grossman guilty of two counts of murder, two counts of gross vehicular manslaughter and one count of hit and run in the 2020 deaths of Mark and Jacob Iskander, ages 11 and 8. She faces 34 years to life in prison and is scheduled to return to court April 10 for sentencing.

Prosecutors alleged Grossman, 60, had cocktails with Scott Erickson and then raced with him — he in his black Mercedes sport utility vehicle and she in her white Mercedes SUV — along Triunfo Canyon Road until they reached a crosswalk, where she fatally struck the Iskander brothers.

Grossman, Castro said, showed conscious disregard for human life and knew her speed could be dangerous on a suburban street with pedestrian traffic because police had warned her of the dangers in the past. Prosecutors also alleged that Grossman traveled a third of a mile after slamming into the children before safety features in her car automatically shut it down.

“She had a history of speeding. She’d texted about it,” said Deputy Dist. Atty. Jamie Castro. “She acted with disregard for human life.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ossman-verdict

Old 02-24-2024, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Guilty on all counts!

I guess we'll see what justice will be like when she gets sentenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The verdict was read in a tense, packed Van Nuys courtroom. The jury of nine men and three women found Grossman guilty of two counts of murder, two counts of gross vehicular manslaughter and one count of hit and run in the 2020 deaths of Mark and Jacob Iskander, ages 11 and 8. She faces 34 years to life in prison and is scheduled to return to court April 10 for sentencing.

Prosecutors alleged Grossman, 60, had cocktails with Scott Erickson and then raced with him — he in his black Mercedes sport utility vehicle and she in her white Mercedes SUV — along Triunfo Canyon Road until they reached a crosswalk, where she fatally struck the Iskander brothers.

Grossman, Castro said, showed conscious disregard for human life and knew her speed could be dangerous on a suburban street with pedestrian traffic because police had warned her of the dangers in the past. Prosecutors also alleged that Grossman traveled a third of a mile after slamming into the children before safety features in her car automatically shut it down.

“She had a history of speeding. She’d texted about it,” said Deputy Dist. Atty. Jamie Castro. “She acted with disregard for human life.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ossman-verdict

I'm not surprised she/her attorney will appeal it.

I'm surprised the jury had so many men with only a few women. I wonder what would have happened if there weren't so many men jurers.

I don't recall ever reading that police had warned her before.

It will be interesting to see what kind of time she will serve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events