Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2024, 08:38 AM

26,773 posts, read 26,897,504 times

Advertisements

As deputies questioned Rebecca Grossman on the night of the crash that left two young brothers dead in Westlake Village, her then-lover was nearby, hiding behind a tree, Grossman’s daughter testified Friday.

Alexis Grossman told jurors that the man in question, former Dodgers pitcher Scott Erickson, showed up to the family’s home shortly thereafter. She said he smelled of alcohol, and threatened her and her family if she told investigators what she had seen.

“Why did your mom stop? Why did your mom stop?” she said Erickson told her. “He seemed very angry. He was frantic. I could smell alcohol on him. He was freaking out. I was scared.”

She said he gave her a warning: “Don’t tell anyone you saw me, or I will ruin you and your family.”

Grossman’s daughter testifies Scott Erickson threatened her after she saw him hiding near fatal crash scene:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...al-crash-scene
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2024, 09:20 AM

16,321 posts, read 10,454,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How terrible for the parents and family of those boys!

I lost a friend and his wife to a drunk driver about 2 yrs ago, the guy was caught and convicted, but its not enough imo...its time we start going after those that supplied these people with the alcohol!!

If these people had been under the influence of prescription narcotics, you can BET, police would be going after the doctors who gave it to them, the pharmacies who filled the script and maybe even the drugs manufacturer!
I am sorry for you loss. But ruining the life of a bartender or party host, who are not responsible for breathalyzing their guest or patrons, is not the answer.

Old 02-17-2024, 09:45 AM

17,428 posts, read 16,602,825 times
That insanely wealthy, drunk woman could have gotten an Uber or even hired a private driver. I have ZERO sympathy for people like this who drive under the influence. They go to their fancy parties, drink too much with the full intention of driving themselves home afterwards.

Throw her in jail for the rest of her life and take all of her money away. Maybe that will wake these selfish, egotistical narcissists up.

Old 02-17-2024, 03:21 PM

Now they are speculating that it was the black SUV driven my Erickson? Seems to me the parents and other witnesses could sort out if it was his black SUV or her white car.

I can't get over the part where she braked, almost to rid her self of the inconvenience of the child on her hood, and then proceeded to run him over.

Old 02-17-2024, 04:26 PM

17,428 posts, read 16,602,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Now they are speculating that it was the black SUV driven my Erickson? Seems to me the parents and other witnesses could sort out if it was his black SUV or her white car.

I can't get over the part where she braked, almost to rid her self of the inconvenience of the child on her hood, and then proceeded to run him over.
They are both disgusting, callous, vile pieces of trash.

Old 02-18-2024, 12:55 AM

23,893 posts, read 33,638,629 times
Quote:

I couldn't read the article above so found an unblocked one, yes, her attorneys are alleging that the pitcher hit the kids, or hit them first, saying she was following his SUV. Apparently they only found debris that belonged to a white car like she had, not a black one like he had.

Rebecca Grossman’s daughter testifies that Scott Erickson threatened her

Quote:
Grossman’s attorneys insisted she was not the driver responsible for the deadly crash, which they contend occurred outside a crosswalk. Lead defense attorney Tony Buzbee — who contends that Grossman was driving 52 mph “at best” — pointed the blame at Erickson, whom he alleges was driving a black Mercedes SUV just ahead of Grossman’s vehicle.

Erickson was described by the prosecutor as Grossman’s boyfriend at the time.

The trial is expected to continue Tuesday, as Monday is a court holiday. The jury could begin deliberations at the end of next week, Judge Joseph Brandolino said after testimony ended Friday.

Earlier, Dr. Justin Schorr, a collision reconstruction engineer, was called to the stand by defense attorneys. Schorr told the panel that the “lack of physical evidence (in the case) leaves a lot of room for ambiguity.”

Schorr testified that there was “no way” to be certain if two vehicles struck the two boys or one vehicle struck them.

Grossman is free on $2 million bond. She could face up to 34 years to life in state prison if convicted as charged.

Old 02-18-2024, 06:06 AM

So now she is throwing her ex-boyfriend under the bus? I'm still trying to determine his role in all of this, he was hiding in the bushes but what role did he play in the accident?

Old 02-18-2024, 06:17 AM

17,391 posts, read 22,144,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
2 - 50 somethings thinking they need to drag race on public streets. Absolutely stupid and now 2 kids are dead because of their selfish acts. Throw the book at both of them.
Google: Roger Wittenberns

He was street racing his wife in a yellow Lamborghini (drunk) while she was driving her yellow Porsche after an alcohol fueled lunch.

Killed an old man working as an uber driver in the middle of the day.

Big settlement, no jail time. He was too sick for jail.

Old 02-18-2024, 07:06 AM

1,713 posts, read 812,609 times
She should get fined $350 million.

Old 02-18-2024, 08:16 AM

2,091 posts, read 1,022,785 times
Quote:
So now she is throwing her ex-boyfriend under the bus? I'm still trying to determine his role in all of this, he was hiding in the bushes but what role did he play in the accident?
Did you read any of the articles?

It's possible, and some say likely, that he hit the kids first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events