Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 06:57 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

A horrific incident that happened in Ventura County, California, near the city of Thousand Oaks.

Apparently this woman was under the influence and tried to speed away. I can already see that some of the news is trying to portray her in a sympathetic manner by highlighting the burn foundation. The foundation's Facebook and Instagram pages are down, but the main website and Twitter are still up.

Let's see if she faces true justice or as per usual weasels out of real punishment. No doubt her supporters will continue to fixate on how many people the burn foundation helped, and try to minimize the death of the two kids.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020...est-dui-crash/

Quote:
Rebecca Grossman, the co-founder of the famed Grossman Burn Foundation, was out on bail early Thursday after being arrested in connection with a suspected DUI crash that killed two young brothers in Westlake Village.

Grossman, 57, was arrested after the Tuesday night crash and held on $2 million bail, according to Los Angeles County sheriff’s officials. Two young brothers were fatally struck in the crash – 11-year-old Mark Iskander and 9-year-old Jacob Iskander.

The boys were walking with their family in a crosswalk at the intersection of Triunfo Canyon Road and Saddle Mountain Drive at about 7:10 p.m. Tuesday. One of the parents was able to snatch one of their children off a scooter, and push a stroller out of the way, but Mark and Jacob were fatally struck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2020, 08:24 PM

5,573 posts, read 6,498,880 times
OMG, throw the book at her!

Old 10-03-2020, 11:16 AM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
A horrific incident that happened in Ventura County, California, near the city of Thousand Oaks.

Apparently this woman was under the influence and tried to speed away. I can already see that some of the news is trying to portray her in a sympathetic manner by highlighting the burn foundation. The foundation's Facebook and Instagram pages are down, but the main website and Twitter are still up.

Let's see if she faces true justice or as per usual weasels out of real punishment. No doubt her supporters will continue to fixate on how many people the burn foundation helped, and try to minimize the death of the two kids.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020...est-dui-crash/

Quote:
Rebecca Grossman, the co-founder of the famed Grossman Burn Foundation, was out on bail early Thursday after being arrested in connection with a suspected DUI crash that killed two young brothers in Westlake Village.

Grossman, 57, was arrested after the Tuesday night crash and held on $2 million bail, according to Los Angeles County sheriff’s officials. Two young brothers were fatally struck in the crash – 11-year-old Mark Iskander and 9-year-old Jacob Iskander.

The boys were walking with their family in a crosswalk at the intersection of Triunfo Canyon Road and Saddle Mountain Drive at about 7:10 p.m. Tuesday. One of the parents was able to snatch one of their children off a scooter, and push a stroller out of the way, but Mark and Jacob were fatally struck.
Quote:
Grossman Burn Foundation

Overall Score (BETA)
out of 100
This charity's score is a failing score.

This organization's programs include:
Amount Spent: $83,639
% of Program Expense: 100%
Program Description: THE MISSION OF THE GROSSMAN FOUNDATION IS TO EXPAND MEDICAL OPPORTUNITIES BY FASCILITATING WORLD CLASS MEDICAL CARE TO THOSE WHO SUFFER FROM DELABILATATIG INJURIES, BURN AND COGENITAL DEFORMITIES THAT ...
Grossman Burn Foundation _ Rating by Charity Navigator

Oh look. A billionaire philanthropist who spends $83,000 a year to help burned children, which is a fraction of what she just spent to get out of jail, for murdering two children.

Complete scum.

Old 10-03-2020, 11:24 AM

3,550 posts, read 1,548,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
OMG, throw the book at her!
Agreed.

Those poor parents.

Old 10-03-2020, 12:48 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
IME, many people who are aggressive enough to head up successful, respected organizations are egotistical and arrogant with an overly high opinion of themselves. Just because someone was involved with a benevolent organization doesn't mean they do all the compassionate work themselves or that their motivation was even altruistic. They covet being a figurehead, to get their name on a letterhead; to rack up societal brownie points. Their association lent them an air of sanctity they never had and that might have been what they really wanted out of the whole thing. Doesn't mean they can't be thoughtless or self motivated. Consider all the religious practitioners who have molested parishioners. CEOs of other charities convicted of fraud after bilking members out of millions. Because of their "reputation" others could have dismissed accusations of misconduct for far too long. Why did the idiom "how the mighty have fallen" become an idiom? So sad kids had to lose their lives to someone who believed they were so superior they could drink whatever they wanted and still control a two ton pile of metal/plastic.

Last edited by Parnassia; 10-03-2020 at 01:28 PM..

Old 10-03-2020, 01:05 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,838 times
I read that the older child landed on the hood when struck and that she hit the brakes to get him to roll off and then ran him over. That's cold. Expect a huge unlawful death lawsuit.

Old 10-03-2020, 02:07 PM

1,462 posts, read 971,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I read that the older child landed on the hood when struck and that she hit the brakes to get him to roll off and then ran him over. That's cold. Expect a huge unlawful death lawsuit.
Yup,just read the same thing about her running the poor kid over with her car to leave.
https://abc7.com/westlake-village-re...ander/6687324/

I would check her cellphone records. I bet she called someone after she took off and they probably told her to stop. That’s why she stopped 1.5 miles away from the crime scene.

I hope she gets full punishment, but wouldn’t be surprised if her lawyers get her reduced sentence. I would also expect her lawyers to settle with the kid’s family by giving then many millions to avoid civil suit. Amazing what money can do for you when you screw up. Any regular person would be screwed for life.

Old 10-03-2020, 05:11 PM

10,988 posts, read 20,556,080 times
Oh I think she will be screwed for life and she will cough up millions to the family.

Old 10-03-2020, 05:50 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Oh I think she will be screwed for life and she will cough up millions to the family.
Yes, I agree...maybe but I suspect the parents of those little boys may be mentally screwed for the rest of their lives, through no fault of their own.

Such a damn shame! I cannot even imagine!

Old 10-03-2020, 07:26 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
No way is a D.A. going to let her get off lightly. It's horrible enough that she drunkenly killed two kids, but her conduct after the accident is too much to ignore, and too heinous to allow her to buy her way free. She is going to do time, the question is how much. I think everyone will agree it won't be enough.

A similar accident happened here where some idiot came flying over a hill, drunk, and smashed into a motorcycle sitting at a red light, killing a husband and wife. He got 7 years in prison, which I think was light. He also drove away from the accident scene before turning himself into police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events