Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 08:14 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,098,224 times

Advertisements

The first thing you do in that situation is drive to the nearest bar or convenience store and start guzzling booze. That way they can't prove you were drunk at the scene.

What a horrible, horrible crime. I hope she rots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 04:47 AM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
The first thing you do in that situation is drive to the nearest bar or convenience store and start guzzling booze. That way they can't prove you were drunk at the scene.

What a horrible, horrible crime. I hope she rots.

That didn't work for John Goodman......he was a rich heir to a A/C fortune (Goodman AC) who killed a kid with his Bentley. He was drunk, fled the scene and claimed he drank in a friends barn to ease his pain. He got 16 years, paid the family 47 million and lost all his appeals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B...(industrialist)

Old 10-08-2020, 06:37 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,235,542 times
She will spend little to no jail time

Old 10-10-2020, 03:49 PM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
She will spend little to no jail time
killing 2 kids.........ummm no, the pendulum of justice will likely punish her more because it was kids and she was rich

Old 12-30-2020, 11:43 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times
Will she get convicted? And if so, will she actually do hard time?

Nonprofit Founder Charged with Murder After Allegedly Killing 2 Boys in Hit and Run

Quote:
The founder of a Los Angeles-based non-profit organization has been charged with the murder of two school-aged boys in a hit-and-run in September.

Rebecca Grossman was arraigned Wednesday in Los Angeles County Superior Court and charged with two felony counts each of murder and vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence and one felony count of hit-and-run driving resulting in death, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office announced.

Grossman could receive a sentence of up to 34 years to life in state prison if she is convicted as charged, the DA's office said.

Old 12-31-2020, 03:45 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
You're welcome! It is too bad she was able to get out on bail, even though it was a large amount, she has the money to get out. I really hope she gets all she deserves. The thing that bothers me is that she drove away 1.5 miles after the boy fell off her hood. Really feel bad for this family that was just walking across the street on a Friday evening to lose two of their children.
The only purpose of not granting bail is to hold people who are flight risks and might not show up to trial or those who might continue to pose an immediate threat to the public. A lot of people seem to think it's an extra tool to punish those who commit heinous crimes. It has nothing to do with the crime itself and the only consideration in determining whether someone gets bail is supposed to be flight risk and/or immediate danger to the community.

Old 12-31-2020, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Incorrect. California has the three strikes law, which locks people up for minor offenses. It's the US Constitution that protects those accused of crimes, which is as it should be. The problem in California is not the rights of the accused, but rather corruption and white privilege. If you have the money to pay off the DA, you will get off lightly in LA, and probably most of the rest of California.
I hardly think that only applies to California. Remember Ethan Couch, the "Affluenza" kid? Where the judge decided he couldn't be held responsible because he grew up privileged and was never taught right from wrong?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/02/u...enza-jail.html

The wealthy get away with stuff the rest of us don't in every state in this country.

Old 12-31-2020, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Let’s change that to “rich” privilege.
Both come into play.

Old 12-31-2020, 05:01 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,584,341 times
She should die in prison.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 12-31-2020, 05:23 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Will she get convicted? And if so, will she actually do hard time?

Nonprofit Founder Charged with Murder After Allegedly Killing 2 Boys in Hit and Run
I see in the article you linked there's a petition to prosecute her to the full extent. I can't believe they don't even have 15,000 signatures. I signed it. Hopefully others here will too. I also shared on my FB, I know my friends will sign and share. They all hate kid killers!

Justice for Mark and Jacob Iskander 13,848 have signed. Let’s get to 15,000!

Last edited by Roselvr; 12-31-2020 at 05:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events