Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2021, 09:13 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Even if tried as an adult, vehicular manslaughter, if that’s what they charge him with, carries a one year max sentence in California. It’s only higher if there is drinking involved or it happened during the commission of a felony. I still think the dad should be charged for allowing an unlicensed minor to drive.

Was he unlicensed? He was 17. They get their license at 16 I thought in CA.

I agree, the father should get some charges too, contributing to a minor or something and I'll take a year in jail for him if that's all they give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 07:39 PM

50,716 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I agree! I would add the fact that the dad bought the car as well.

IF the teen had been a youtuber and bought the car himself I could give dad a little slack about it but not in this case.
Even if he bought it himself, he couldn't have gotten insurance for it without a driver's license, and he couldn't have gotten it registered without insurance, so dad had to be involved regardless.

Old 04-10-2021, 07:40 PM

50,716 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Was he unlicensed? He was 17. They get their license at 16 I thought in CA.

I agree, the father should get some charges too, contributing to a minor or something and I'll take a year in jail for him if that's all they give.
I don't know why he was unlicensed, but several articles mentioned he was.

Old 04-23-2021, 08:02 PM

1,462 posts, read 971,912 times
So the 17 year old finally had his time in court and admitted to one count of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. Sentencing will be be in August. In the meantime, he will be confined to his house.

Based on the link, he was pulled over twice before for speeding. From the link: "Prosecutors also confirmed the teen has been cited twice before for speeding in Beverly Hills, including in October 2020 when police stopped him driving 72 miles per hour on city streets. After the second violation three weeks later, the teen’s Lamborghini was impounded and his provisional driver’s license — which requires an adult to be in the car with him at all times — was suspended, prosecutors said."

yahoo.com/news/son-l-multimillionaire-admits-fatal-181120261.html

Old 04-23-2021, 10:16 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,385,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
So the 17 year old finally had his time in court and admitted to one count of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. Sentencing will be be in August. In the meantime, he will be confined to his house.

Based on the link, he was pulled over twice before for speeding. From the link: "Prosecutors also confirmed the teen has been cited twice before for speeding in Beverly Hills, including in October 2020 when police stopped him driving 72 miles per hour on city streets. After the second violation three weeks later, the teen’s Lamborghini was impounded and his provisional driver’s license — which requires an adult to be in the car with him at all times — was suspended, prosecutors said."

It is very intersting how someone can become a multimillionaire by running an almost inactive nonprofit (link in father's Instagram profile). To me this nonprofit looks like a place for FBI to look into.

Old 04-24-2021, 01:00 AM

Quote:

Thanks, Explains why he had no license. According to your article linked below, he was going 106 miles per hour. Of course her family wants him tried as an adult, it will never happen according to it. They also want the father to hold responsibility since we all know he bought the car for the kid. According to the article the kid and his mother were crying in court, no doubt scared he would be taken to jail, they're saying he may never drive again which I highly doubt. He'll be back on the streets, let's hope he stops racing. The article said he was racing a female friend but no one else is identified in it.

Son of L.A. multimillionaire admits to fatal high-speed Lamborghini crash, awaits sentencing

Quote:
The son of a wealthy Los Angeles entrepreneur admitted Friday to vehicular manslaughter in connection with a high-speed crash that left a woman dead earlier this year, and could receive probation under the terms of the arrangement.

The 17-year-old son of James Khuri — a multimillionaire who owns several real estate firms and an e-commerce business — admitted he was behind the wheel of a Lamborghini sport utility vehicle that slammed into a vehicle driven by 32-year-old Monique Munoz near Olympic Boulevard and Overland Avenue on Feb. 17.

The teen admitted to one count of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence in Inglewood Juvenile Court and will be confined to his home until his next court date in June.

Sentencing will likely take place in August, according to defense attorney Mark Werksman, with the teen facing a range of outcomes from probation to up to nine months in juvenile camp. Even if tried as an adult, the maximum penalty for vehicular manslaughter under California law is six years in custody, but the teen’s lack of a criminal record and age would make that outcome unlikely.

the teen should be tried as an adult or that his father should be held criminally responsible as well.

the teen and his mother openly wept in court, with his attorney saying he doubted the 17-year-old would "ever drive again."

Old 04-24-2021, 07:06 AM

9,838 posts, read 4,623,002 times
Quote:

Was going to say to drive that fast in a sports car this kid had done this before even if went drag racing locations or desert to drive that car. Most going over 100 mph in a sport car without experience would've crashed before he did. Shows the escalation in his behavior not only the speeding but ignoring the law and driving wtihout a license.

This is also a case for tougher early intervention even if a one night stay in juvenile detention to try to scare offenders like this straight. Administrative penalities will have little effect on a teenager.

Hopefully he gets the max and victims family can get some justice & peace.

Old 04-24-2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Was going to say to drive that fast in a sports car this kid had done this before even if went drag racing locations or desert to drive that car. Most going over 100 mph in a sport car without experience would've crashed before he did. Shows the escalation in his behavior not only the speeding but ignoring the law and driving wtihout a license.

This is also a case for tougher early intervention even if a one night stay in juvenile detention to try to scare offenders like this straight. Administrative penalities will have little effect on a teenager.

Hopefully he gets the max and victims family can get some justice & peace.

Did you see the article I posted? He'll likely get a slap on the wrist because he has no prior record. Unlikely he'll be tried as an adult.

Quote:
The teen admitted to one count of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence in Inglewood Juvenile Court and will be confined to his home until his next court date in June.

Sentencing will likely take place in August, according to defense attorney Mark Werksman, with the teen facing a range of outcomes from probation to up to nine months in juvenile camp. Even if tried as an adult, the maximum penalty for vehicular manslaughter under California law is six years in custody, but the teen’s lack of a criminal record and age would make that outcome unlikely.

Old 04-24-2021, 11:47 AM

9,838 posts, read 4,623,002 times
Quote:
Did you see the article I posted? He'll likely get a slap on the wrist because he has no prior record. Unlikely he'll be tried as an adult.
I saw it. I should've said it was a confirmation he had speeded or raced before. He's getting out of adult charge but how long could they keep him in a juvenile facility? The driving without a license in combination with speeding offenses so close together should've merited harsher punishment before the crash. I can't believe the old mans insurance didn't take a hit before the crash although if he's in between renewals the point is moot.

Old 04-24-2021, 11:47 AM

6,446 posts, read 9,803,501 times
Quote:
He does already have a record of speeding, hopefully they will take that into consideration and not let this be a slap on the wrist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events