Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2024, 12:24 AM

19,833 posts, read 12,090,217 times

Advertisements

This is one of the most heartbreaking stories. I cannot imagine living with the horror of losing a baby this way.

"When Ross and Taylor demanded to see and hold their child, the baby was reportedly tightly wrapped in a blanket with his head "propped on top of his body" to conceal the fact that he was decapitated."

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/inf...led-a-homicide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2024, 03:52 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,567,238 times
Absolutely horrific. I can't imagine what these parents are going through.

I have never heard of this happening before so I can't imagine how incompetent the doctor was. I hope the Dr. is held accountable. Strangely, her company website is still online.

Old 02-13-2024, 06:12 AM

735 posts, read 407,850 times
First this is disgusting behavior, and I am glad doctors are being held accountable.

I'm confused at the murder charge. Did she pull so hard that it decapitated the infant. If not, then another charge of evidence tampering or tampering with a corpse is better suited. Regardless the doctor should lose the license and get prison time.

Old 02-13-2024, 06:29 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,502,595 times
It is almost similar to my cousin who recently died. Born in the '50's; the forceps were squeezed too tight. It has fallen out of favor but was still used then. His was brain damaged. Back then, folks didn't sue doctors.

Old 02-13-2024, 08:59 AM

21,830 posts, read 25,109,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8t3rs View Post
First this is disgusting behavior, and I am glad doctors are being held accountable.

I'm confused at the murder charge. Did she pull so hard that it decapitated the infant. If not, then another charge of evidence tampering or tampering with a corpse is better suited. Regardless the doctor should lose the license and get prison time.
The autopsy basically is that the baby was stillborn. It came out sideways and had its neck snapped in the vaginal canal. As far as decapitation, it doesn't really say. Probably during the C-section to remove the stillborn baby. The head came out the vaginal canal while the rest came out via C-section.

Homicide would be failure to meet standard of care. There's maneuvers to try to get the baby oriented correctly where shoulder dystocia or if those do not work episiotomy or the baby's clavicle is intentionally broken. C-section is one of the last options and doesn't have good outcomes. If they didn't do anything and waited a long time after the head came out until deciding to jump to C-section, homicide would be appropriate. Sometimes standard of care happens and the outcome isn't good.

Old 02-13-2024, 12:55 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,121,624 times
I cannot even begin to fathom how this baby's parents feel. This is beyond horrific and shame on those who tried to cover up what happened.

Saying that the parents weren't able to get a free autopsy and trying to get them to cremate their child instead of having him sent to a funeral home was unconscionable.

As a parent and grandparent I am crying for this child and his family.

Old 02-13-2024, 01:55 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,610 posts, read 17,935,039 times
This was on Nancy Grace yesterday. I can't even imagine the level of incompetence. Apparently the heartbeat was gone for about an hour before they decided to do a c-section. The couple had been begging for a C-section for hours, after she had pushed for about 7.

Unbelievable. I'm hoping the criminal charge of homicide will stick.

Old 02-13-2024, 02:44 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,283,788 times
My father in law told me several years ago about this happening to someone he knew. IIRC, the mother was a doctor and refused to get the c-section. The baby got stuck and died and the only way to get him/her out was decapitation.

I suspect the charges will stick. There would have been monitors on the baby. They would have shown that the baby was distressed. This is on the doctor.

Old 02-13-2024, 02:49 PM

2,340 posts, read 612,369 times
How incompetent is true.

During my 3rd pregnancy my baby had shoulder dystocia - the dr, nurse and friends who were there all worked together to turn my baby around the be born natural - no meds - very painful. I had a beautiful Little Girl Laura Taylor 7#4oz. 21 " long. Bald head mostly. She is 26 now.

Old 02-13-2024, 05:35 PM

17,352 posts, read 16,492,563 times
There's always two sides to a story I suppose. And we haven't heard the doctor's version of events, yet. But from the facts we know it sure does sound like extreme incompetence, negligence and an attempt at a cover up.

Those poor parents, I can't even imagine what they must be going through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events