Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 06:21 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

lol the temp just dropped from 51 to 50 and with 80% humidity I think I have to upgrade chilly to cold !!!

Not put on a pair of socks cold (that doesn't happen till we hit the 40s) but long sleeves under my football jersey cold

I didn't get up till after 7 I was up watching the baseball playoffs till 1 am
I never realized how exciting a baseball game could be which is why I probably never watched one before

lol I guess it is a good thing our Sunday breakfast friends are out of town because we would be soooo late !!!

We are still going to go I guess we will leave in a few minutes and I have to stop at C/D house to let my buddy out on the way

Since the game is blacked out and the weather is so cool I am thinking it woudl be a good day to pull everything out of the attic and go through the stuff to see whats up there I can have the game on the radio

rofl I can't wait to see the look on hubbys face when I make this suggestion !!!!

So what is on your list for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 06:32 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,224,833 times
Usual Sunday, might skip church today. I have to clean and do laundry. Already have dinner done, made lasagna yesterday and a large pan can last us for awhile!!!
I have to run up to the gym today and get going on that treadmill this morning. It is just too hard to get motivated when it is this chilly out. If it were not for Cassy I would still be in bed this morning, nice and toasty.
Got bad news yesterday, the pathology report is back on brothers lymph nodes and he is in stage 4 cancer, he never did tell me what grade his gall bladder was and now I think I realize why he sent me a box filled with family treasures. I feel horrible for my niece, she is very close to her dad.
Well all hope you have a wonderful chilly day! Time to get out the hot chocolate

Old 10-18-2009, 06:55 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Oh, Sandy, so sorry to hear about your bad news. Your family will stay in my thoughts.

DH is trying to finish up his planting while it's still "nice" and cool out there, so no B&N trip today. I'm headed over to my friends' house for coffee. Am bringing the 2nd loaf of banana bread which I'd frozen. She always bakes for my Sun. a.m. visits, so it's my turn. Later on, we'll be running to Costco to pick up some steaks to throw on the grill for dinner tonight. yum.

Go Jags!

Old 10-18-2009, 08:22 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Morning peeps!

Hang tough Sandy. We are all pulling for your brother.

Shadow & I have been for a rather frosty walk this morning. It was 28 when we headed out the door. We ran into Shadow's friends, Pebbles & Irish the greyhounds. All 3 dogs were bundled up in their coats & romping around.

On my list for today is laundry (what else?), then packing for our trip. We are heading out very early tomorrow morning (well, as early as I can get DH to motivate).

Old 10-18-2009, 08:51 AM

Oh, Evey are you leaving for a property search in FL? Boy I think it is cold here, 28 and I would be in layers! Shadow is going to miss all of her friends!
I've exercised but that is it, have to get off the dang computer to get my work done

Old 10-18-2009, 09:19 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Sandy my MIL has a costume party every year the Saturday before Halloween. We are heading down for that. We will drive tomorrow & Tues. Recuperate on Wed, then help decorate for the party. After that on Mon we are meeting with our agent in Ocala to look at houses. Wed (our anniversary) we are heading to Franklin, NC to go canoeing on the Little Tennessee River Tennessee River Canoe Rentals Tennessee River Kayak Rentals Little Tennessee River Canoe Rentals (http://www.fishcamp.biz/c-6-smokey-mountian-canoe-kayak-rentals.aspx - broken link) and do some gem mining Sheffield Mine Homepage .

Somewhere in the middle of all that moving around Shadow will get to go to the beach with her BFF Dallas who she misses very much.

We will get home late on the Sat the 31st. Closing on this house is scheduled for Mon the 2nd. We have 30 days after that to get moved.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:25 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
You're going to be busy, Evey. LOL...I'd forgotten about Shadow's BFF Dallas. How nice they can visit again.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:36 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
sandy - I am also so sorry to hear the news on your brother, add me to the list of folks sending good thoughts

Staying inside warm & toasty with a good book sounds delightful !!!

evey are you going to be driving tee hee hey if you are you can make a right and stop to visit !!!

pattie I am going to make the nanner bread this week !!! Costco had T-bone steaks for under $5 a pound yesterday they looked really good we were going to grill this afternoon but I think it is too windy which doesn't make for a happy grill

rofl the empty the attic idea is on hold actually was told it is a good idea but we need a whole weekend
shhh don't tell everyone but when we pull the stuff out I am going to bring the tree in and set it up I mean why drag it back up once it is down no ornaments or anything just the twinkle lights

it has "warmed" up to 57 but the wind cuts right through I am seriously considering putting on a pair of socks my tootsies are freezing !!!

Old 10-18-2009, 10:11 AM

lol Karla, I don't know the temps here but the wind cuts right through a person. I have sock, jeans, turtle neck and a sweater on!! Cassy and I went for a little walk and her hair was blowing back!!
Thank you all for the well wishes for my brother, he is otherwise healthy so my hope is that his opinion on chemo has upgraded and he will at least give it a try.
I still have steaks in the freezer that we will have to grill before the end of the next month, I really don't like to keep anything longer than 6 months in the freezer. It's just getting hubby to do it
Sounds like a well deserved vacation Evey!

Old 10-18-2009, 10:16 AM

Evey those two places look like lots of fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals