Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 03:46 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,615,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northlakemetro View Post
ETex2 said "What everyone wants is more government intrusion into our private lives."

STAY OUT OF THE PARK IF YOU DON'T WANT GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT. Parks are created by governments. So are nature preserves. It ain't the wilderness or the forest.
Sorry, but the TAXPAYER funds these parks. Governments are also "created" by taxpayers. It doesn't mean the government has any right to make ridiculous laws concerning the public's use of them. I think you are the first person I've come across that actually is in favor of more government intrusion in our lives. Wow. Maybe we should just station LEO's at each park entrance, require an ID and pay a fee before we take a walk in the park.

Or how about a "dog poopie hotline"? Then you could whine to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 03:52 PM

164 posts, read 502,289 times
Well we live in a civil society and you have to consider the common good and not just individual rights. For the common good, we have law enforcement and government. In that sense, I am all for more government intrusion to keep the parks safe, and POOP free so that everyone else can enjoy them.

Since this discussion is becoming more philosophical, I believe we have a constitutional right to have POOP free parks. Even the Declaration of Independence promises "Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness". How can we pursue "happiness" if our parks are full of DOG POOP?

Old 06-10-2010, 03:53 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
As long as we are whining, how about everybody dumping their dog poop bags in their own darn trash cans. There's nothing like popping open the lid on the trash can and getting knocked off balance by the odor. At the very least, leave a post it note with a warning, lol.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:04 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,540,923 times
Quote:
Well we live in a civil society and you have to consider the common good and not just individual rights. For the common good, we have law enforcement and government. In that sense, I am all for more government intrusion to keep the parks safe, and POOP free so that everyone else can enjoy them.

Since this discussion is becoming more philosophical, I believe we have a constitutional right to have POOP free parks. Even the Declaration of Independence promises "Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness". How can we pursue "happiness" if our parks are full of DOG POOP?
So why don't you pick up the poop if it bothers you so much?

Old 06-10-2010, 04:12 PM

164 posts, read 502,289 times
Cuz it aint my poop big Mac. If I pooped in the park, I would pick it up.

Last edited by northlakemetro; 06-10-2010 at 04:46 PM..

Old 06-11-2010, 08:09 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,582,633 times
Quote:

Are you kidding me?? I think we have more things to worry about than dog poop in public parks. Maybe you would do better living in parts of California than here in Texas, where the govt. can tell you how to live.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:14 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
I agree that dog owners should pick up, and disagree that banning dogs from trails and walks is the answer. I often see people traveling both with their dogs off-lead, and then say they didn't know that their dog defecated. It's easy not to know, when your dog isn't attached to you.

Then there are the joggers that run their dogs, while their dogs are dropping along the way.

Yes, dog owners can be irresponsible, but banning all dogs is not the answer. I personally think dogs off lead should be confiscated, and owners fined punitively.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:55 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
Gongdang! I can't believe there are so many people here rushing to champion the right to sh*t on Texas! So you can't mess with Texas but you can sh*t on it?

So the first thing I thought when I saw this thread was isn't this OP the one who also wanted to ban girlie signs on I-35? Ban dogs? Hell no! NLM, chill. Take that crap back to Chicago.

But on the other hand, yeah I agree. I clean up after my mutt. I don't want the Katy Trail to become a dungfield.

Boston is so dog unfriendly it's a miracle to find an apartment you can keep a chihuahua. That sucks. The dung factor is low though. OTOH, step out of any door in Paris and you got good odds to go for a slide! Peau-Peau Pee Yeau! You'd think it was their holy obligation to let Fifi crap on the sidewalk.

Love dogs but don't love the mess. Take personal responsibility to clean up after Fido. Don't sh*t on Texas!

Old 06-12-2010, 09:24 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,888,220 times
People are pigs. they don't pick up thier own trash and they don't pick up thier dogs crap!

Seriously, I really think it's the entitlement factor. "They pay people for that, not me!"

Saw a whole group of teenages leave the theater at Southlake and leave ALL thier trash, popcorn, candy, soda cups on the floor. when asked "hey fellas, you forgot your trash." one smarta** replied, "that's what the janitor is for, I am not a garbageman!" and walked out laughing.

Quote:
Then there are the joggers that run their dogs, while their dogs are dropping along the way.
YES! and those usually have the big labs etc... not small poop! and not in a pile...a whole trail!

But I agree you can't ban dogs from parks....

I decided started carring extra bags...instead of bitching when i see a "phamtom pooper" i plan on going up to the owner and hand them the bag! We will see how this turns out!

Our state slogan is "Don't Mess with Texas"....poop is mess!

Old 06-12-2010, 10:38 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,546,851 times
So you figure something like a paint-gun poop-gun could be a fun thing?

Sort of like a game of tag.

1. Dog Poops.
2. Dirt Bag does The Not My Problem shuffle
3. Tagger shoots them with a Poop Gun and Yells "You're --IT !"

Have kind of thought that would be fun with Graffiti Taggers, as well.

============

Hey, real question -- do you see more Men or Women do the dump and run thing with the dogs? Or about even?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas