Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 11:47 AM

37 posts, read 76,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic_0002 View Post
Yes to find single men... not single women!
So the Dallas is lacking in single women?! Seriously? I thought single women outnumbered single men everywhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 11:51 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newTX View Post
So the Dallas is lacking in single women?! Seriously? I thought single women outnumbered single men everywhere?
Nope, I know lots of single women in DFW. We're still single because there's a serious lack of quality single men in this area. Seriously. I know a couple of ladies who are actually thinking about moving. One has Denver on the brain; she thinks the "Menver" stereotype is true. I wouldn't know.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 PM

67 posts, read 171,883 times
Default Single Men in Dallas

Oh, dear...I was fixin' to move to Dallas from Reno, Nevada for better dating prospects. I'm in my early 40's (not that you'd ever guess by looking at me; I could pass for a recent college grad) but perhaps I should consider dating a younger man in say, Austin? Anything's better than Reno, though. When I visited last summer, I thought Dallas men looked good but didn't make much "contact", just looked.

As for the DAllas women, they were gorgeous, polished and groomed in dress and manner.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilarDLS View Post
Oh, dear...I was fixin' to move to Dallas from Reno, Nevada for better dating prospects. I'm in my early 40's (not that you'd ever guess by looking at me; I could pass for a recent college grad) but perhaps I should consider dating a younger man in say, Austin? Anything's better than Reno, though. When I visited last summer, I thought Dallas men looked good but didn't make much "contact", just looked.

As for the DAllas women, they were gorgeous, polished and groomed in dress and manner.
If you're female and over 30, the scene here SUCKS.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 PM

67 posts, read 171,883 times
Default Do tell more, Big D

Big D, could you elaborate about the "suckage?" And couldn't you say that about any city, or is Dallas especially "sucky?"

Old 02-04-2013, 03:50 PM

1,591 posts, read 2,409,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Nope, I know lots of single women in DFW. We're still single because there's a serious lack of quality single men in this area. Seriously. I know a couple of ladies who are actually thinking about moving. One has Denver on the brain; she thinks the "Menver" stereotype is true. I wouldn't know.

Would you mind defining quality ? As a single guy in this age group, I'm quite curious what the expectations are for the Dallas area.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:19 PM

5,265 posts, read 6,409,031 times
There are more men than women in the DFW area, so from purely a numbers game, DFW looks pretty good. I think the major cities in Arizona have even higher ratios of men to women than Dallas does.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdallas View Post
Would you mind defining quality ? As a single guy in this age group, I'm quite curious what the expectations are for the Dallas area.
Decent stable job, not obese, no weird ex drama, normal guy with NORMAL interests (not live role playing games or something incredibly stupid), someone who actually takes care of their personal hygiene and who wears underwear (not a typo), and someone who doesn't expect a woman to be perfectly coiffed/groomed at all times but also expects a woman to eat like a man at their stupid tailgates or constant restaurant/bar hopping...how are we supposed to stay thin when you're dragging us to bars and restaurants all the time...etc.

Also men can be so infantile; I got sick of my last BF making so much more work for me around the house. And men will run home to mama at the slightest hint of a problem. And of course, it's all OUR fault.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:18 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,502,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
If you're female and over 30, the scene here SUCKS.
Just a thought, but I bet any "scene" anywhere sucks for us ladies When I was freshly divorced I only met one date in a bar setting...and we went out once! I know some people laugh at it, but I met 3 quality men on Match. I was very picky (and super careful!) and thought through mistakes that *I* had made in the past with choosing. One of the guys was wonderful, but I just didn't feel it. I think about him often and hope he has met someone special, because he deserves it. Another was fun, and I would say quality, but I think he was still a bit too miffed at his ex and that part made me uncomfortable. Number 3, well we've been together for a while and I'm completely crazy about him, and he is crazy about me. They are out there. Being middle-aged, we both have pasts and some luggage. That can't be helped, so we just move forward.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Just a thought, but I bet any "scene" anywhere sucks for us ladies When I was freshly divorced I only met one date in a bar setting...and we went out once! I know some people laugh at it, but I met 3 quality men on Match. I was very picky (and super careful!) and thought through mistakes that *I* had made in the past with choosing. One of the guys was wonderful, but I just didn't feel it. I think about him often and hope he has met someone special, because he deserves it. Another was fun, and I would say quality, but I think he was still a bit too miffed at his ex and that part made me uncomfortable. Number 3, well we've been together for a while and I'm completely crazy about him, and he is crazy about me. They are out there. Being middle-aged, we both have pasts and some luggage. That can't be helped, so we just move forward.
Match...been there done that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas