Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 09:37 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdallas View Post
Wow, I guess a well educated white collar professional with a great sense of humor, solid family background and plenty of friends testifying to his credit would come across as so completely unbelievable among that sort of deluge that he would immediately be discarded as a total fake.
Nah, you'd just get lots of emails from bimbos and golddiggers....and you'd probably fall for it because most men do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 10:57 AM

37 posts, read 76,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilarDLS View Post
I put myself on Match.com, and I was BOMBARDED with emails from totally unsuitable men, who obviously didn't read what I was looking for, and just contacted me because they liked what they saw in my pictures. After about a week of sifting through truckers and handymen and laborers (I'm more of an "entrepreneur" type of girl) I threw up my hands and closed out my profile. It wasn't worth the trouble.
So true! I think guys are maybe less intimidated to approach you online? Good online dating etiquette would be to actually read someones profile before contacting them.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:10 PM

1,591 posts, read 2,409,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Nah, you'd just get lots of emails from bimbos and golddiggers....and you'd probably fall for it because most men do.
Ha. Very accurate except for the falling for it part. I bailed from there after trying it for a month when I first moved to Dallas. On the other hand, there was a woman in her 30's who contacted me from Russia. She was certain it was true love and only needed money wired to her for a plane ticket to Dallas. I'm sure that was totally legit
Truckers for the ladies and scammers for the gents it would seem.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:34 PM

2,206 posts, read 4,749,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I turn 38 this year. Just puttin' that out there.

YES...truckers! WTH?!?!?!?!?!?!
LOL. Great thread.

My wife and I met online a few years ago.

According to her, the number of men living at home, in a band, and without a job and ONLINE were legion. LOL.

Here is the problem. There are a lot of good men in the DFW area.

I know four men in their 30s who make over six figures, are 100% stand up guys, and smart and funny. And single. Would make fabulous dads and like pets. Not jaded towards women. Handy around the house. Problem is that they are major geeks. Most women don't give them the time of day because they have a few pounds on them and talk about servers sometimes.

I am a former varsity athlete, still in great shape, and inside I am the dorkiest of the bunch. Yet, I get the attention when we go out due to my looks.

These guys deserve better. And a lot of women settle for jerks rather than focus on more important qualities. If a woman was looking for companionship and spent a few hours with any of these guys, she'd be attracted to their character and charm and dedication.

100 years ago these men would be the village blacksmith. And a major catch for most women. Today, its different and its a shame.

It pains me that these guys are so good at what they do and they are good men, yet it is so hard for them to find a match.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:01 PM

753 posts, read 1,482,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post
LOL. Great thread.

According to her, the number of men living at home, in a band, and without a job and ONLINE were legion. LOL.

I know four men in their 30s who make over six figures, are 100% stand up guys, and smart and funny. And single. Would make fabulous dads and like pets. Not jaded towards women. Handy around the house. Problem is that they are major geeks. Most women don't give them the time of day because they have a few pounds on them and talk about servers sometimes.

I am a former varsity athlete, still in great shape, and inside I am the dorkiest of the bunch. Yet, I get the attention when we go out due to my looks.

These guys deserve better. And a lot of women settle for jerks rather than focus on more important qualities. If a woman was looking for companionship and spent a few hours with any of these guys, she'd be attracted to their character and charm and dedication.

100 years ago these men would be the village blacksmith. And a major catch for most women. Today, its different and its a shame.

It pains me that these guys are so good at what they do and they are good men, yet it is so hard for them to find a match.

I love geeks! What kinds of places do these guys hang out?

Old 02-06-2013, 06:16 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post
LOL. Great thread.

I love geeks, and I'm not into extremely buff guys. I just don't dig guys who are really fat. A few extra pounds are fine.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:55 PM

2,206 posts, read 4,749,453 times
Try this place on a Friday night around 7. Lots of guys getting off shift from colos.

Mexican Restaurant and Bar Serving Mexican Foods in Carrollton, Texas.

Its not really a bar. But you can chat people up who are waiting for a table.

I will ask around for some other hangouts for the single dorks.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:12 AM

67 posts, read 171,883 times
"And a lot of women settle for jerks rather than focus on more important qualities."

Sorry, looks matter. How a man looks IS an important quality; if I'm expected to be faithful, then I need to be attracted to my mate. Men are not expected to date unattractive, poorly-dressed women just because they can cook and have nice personalities. It's not fair for men to expect that women will date an unattractive man merely because he can fix stuff around the house and has a nice personality.

I can fix my own stuff around the house, and make a good living. I want an attractive mate. And like most women who are good-looking and educated, I'm not going to settle for the "village blacksmith" no matter how good a man he is.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,488,270 times
Quote:
"And a lot of women settle for jerks rather than focus on more important qualities."

Sorry, looks matter. How a man looks IS an important quality; if I'm expected to be faithful, then I need to be attracted to my mate. Men are not expected to date unattractive, poorly-dressed women just because they can cook and have nice personalities. It's not fair for men to expect that women will date an unattractive man merely because he can fix stuff around the house and has a nice personality.

I can fix my own stuff around the house, and make a good living. I want an attractive mate. And like most women who are good-looking and educated, I'm not going to settle for the "village blacksmith" no matter how good a man he is.
Join equinox gym when you move here. You'll find what you want

Old 02-07-2013, 06:53 AM

37 posts, read 76,531 times
Quote:

Thought I married a "good guy" who just happened to also be attractive..... Been there, done that! Too good of looks are a turn OFF for me. I want a good guy, good personality, great work ethic, and BRAINS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas