Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 07:12 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
BigDGeek i just read your thread " is it me or is it dallas " i see you really arent happy in dallas (while reading i laughed, im sorry) most of what you said describes me and how i feel living here!! its awful i hate it and ive no time for the people living here. if your so unhappy why dont you move? we only have one life why not make the most of it? i know its going to be difficult for me to move since i have a 2year old to consider but i want i bad enough to make it happen no matter what it takes.
I live here because my family lives here; my parents are not in the best of health so I have to be nearby in case something happens. After mom's stroke it's especially important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 09:38 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I live here because my family lives here; my parents are not in the best of health so I have to be nearby in case something happens. After mom's stroke it's especially important.

i understand it must be hard being unhappy in a town and unable to move, im stuck here for about 3years still and the though is really depressing!!

Old 12-18-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
About half way between Dallas and San Antonio is a group of smaller towns - Temple, Belton, Killeen - that make up a very spread out metro. In Temple is Scott & White Hospital. S&W is a fairly large statewide hospital organization and works with the two largest universities in Texas - University of Texas and Texas A&M. You might look them over as an option for your relocation...

nurse jobs at Scott and White Healthcare

Certified nurse-midwife - Multimedia Encyclopedia - Scott & White - Central Texas

thank you so much for your help i really do appreciate it.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
you should ask specific questions and indicate where you will be working because communting in the area is very challenging so most people are smart and try to live close enough to work to make traffic manageable

thank you, i do have a drivers license so maybe the commute would be easier.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Dallas is more spread-out than several smaller American states. However, with the exception of c ertain realtively small areas, it is not a "big city" looking kind of place. I live about 1 hr north of downtown Dallas. I pass cow pastures and lots of vacant land in Plano and Frisco as I drive down on the tollway. No long stretches of row houses or block upon block of huge concrete apartment blocks/Stalin era styled.

Use Google street view to look at some areas to see what I mean.

thank you i will. where i live the now is rows of houses, we're so close i can hear my neighbours phone ring lol and all of our parks are being bought for housing developments its not an ideal place for kids. i think my son would be amazed at actually seeing animals upclose and not on tv!!

Old 12-18-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
thank you i will. where i live the now is rows of houses, we're so close i can hear my neighbours phone ring lol and all of our parks are being bought for housing developments its not an ideal place for kids. i think my son would be amazed at actually seeing animals upclose and not on tv!!
Don't get too close; wild animals here carry all kinds of nasty diseases, including rabies.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:18 AM

gee great thanks BigDGeek, just burst my bubble why dont ye!.......lol im just joking thanks for the advice but the thought of being anywhere but here is appealing enough i doubt anything would put me off and i know i qualify for a working and living visa as ive already contacted them, its only a matter of time for us both before we start a new life although im not 100% sure where yet.

can i ask you a question BigDGeek? its kind of stupid though.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
gee great thanks BigDGeek, just burst my bubble why dont ye!.......lol im just joking thanks for the advice but the thought of being anywhere but here is appealing enough i doubt anything would put me off and i know i qualify for a working and living visa as ive already contacted them, its only a matter of time for us both before we start a new life although im not 100% sure where yet.

can i ask you a question BigDGeek? its kind of stupid though.
Feel free to message me privately. Thanks.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 PM

I can't it says I'm only allowed to send 1 MSG in 24 hours, is that correct? I'm just new to this so I'm not sure how it works?

Old 12-18-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I can't it says I'm only allowed to send 1 MSG in 24 hours, is that correct? I'm just new to this so I'm not sure how it works?
I don't know about that. You should just be able to click on my name in my response and select 'send a direct message to BigDGeek'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas