Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 03:03 PM

70 posts, read 162,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
Did I hit a nerve ?
Not at all, but you ARE straying from the topic. Do you have problem keeping up with the rest of the class?

Hope I didn't hit a nerve? Not really, I really don't care if I did.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriumphOfTheSprint View Post
Either way, I'd say there's nothing there.
Just like what's between your ears.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:08 PM

1,101 posts, read 4,330,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gassbox View Post
Just like what's between your ears.
Yeah, you got me there. I'm a complete moron. It must be like looking in a mirror for you.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:12 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,252,353 times

While this back and forth is somewhat entertaining, do keep in mind that this thread might be closed if people keep devolving into personal attacks and not sticking to the subject...Kum-by-yah...

Old 06-26-2008, 03:18 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,170,052 times
http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2008-06-22_1483976549754712/movies/misc/network_mad_as_hell_z.wav (broken link)

Old 06-26-2008, 05:56 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,273,450 times
I've been reading this thread and I've got to say its hilarious. I come from Colorado Springs and used to visit Denver quite frequent. Now i live in Houston and love to make trips up to the Big D.

I like Dallas alot. It has alot of the urban settings and planning. It seems to be in the same progressive mindset as Denver. It has an extensive light rail system and the subway, transit oriented developments (Mockingbird station), beautiful glass skyscrapers, shopping, restaurants, and etc. I love it. Fort Worth is only a 30 minute drive and downtown Fort Worth has a pretty rockin' little downtown. To me, its better than Dallas's. I think both Dallas and Denver are great cities but if i had to choose, i'd have to pick Denver. Denver just feels more urban to me than Dallas. Dalls/Ft.Worth/Arlington area may have lovely town centers spread throughout the 1400 sq mile radius, but the cities tend to clash and compete with one another. It's hard to get a true feel of the entire area. While Dallas and Fort Worth are anchors of the entire DFW metroplex, they are small in comparison to the entire area. Denver has 16th street mall downtown and a very impressive nightlife scene. Dallas has a good nightlife scene in deep ellum and lower Greenville, but its not an all day event like in downtown Denver. In downtown Denver, you can spend half the day hanging out on 16th street mall, when nighttime hits, you can go to the wide array of bars, restaturants, and nightclubs just right around the corner. It also helps that Six Flags Elitch Gardens is right in the entrance of downtown. Furthermore, another thing that Denver has on Dallas is the location of the sports facilities. Coors field is downtown (and i think the Pepsi Center is too, but not sure).

Dallas does have Denver beat on alot of things like weather (hate the cold), shopping, style of dress, restaurants, skyscrapers, and etc. It's just Denver has done a better job on the urban setting because of 16th Street mall alone. It just feels a little more lively and urban.

But then again, i love both cities but Denver has my vote!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriumphOfTheSprint View Post
Yeah, you got me there. I'm a complete moron. It must be like looking in a mirror for you.
Yeah, what's next? I'm rubber/your glue? If only your daddy had used more rubbers.

Back on topic:

I have known so many people who moved to Dallas from other parts of the nation tell me how much they hate it for one reason or another and that they wish they have never come here. Mainly because of how plain, boring and visually uninteresting Dallas is. Nice houses tho.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:11 PM

154 posts, read 432,240 times
Glassbox - I so much agree with you!!! Congratulations - for keeping up with those neirds! I lived and hated Dallas..moved to Colorado and love it here. All my friends in Dallas also moved away from TX!! Lots of friends and family visit me here...nobody wanted to visit Dallas (wonder why ). Dallas is so sad - when I first arrived in Dallas I went to Addison to the Octoberfest and was given a brochure "points of interests" - the Tollway was mentioned as number 1!!!!!!!!! How sad is that??? I have posted my opinion here and been attacked..I no longer waste my time with mom, lakewooder and ace! It seems there is so little else to do in Texas that's why those 3 sit all day long on their computer trying to convince everyone how wonderful Dallas/Texas is! Let everyone move and experience Dallas for themselves.... I did it and left as soon as I could....Dallas is the most ugliest place I have ever seen Our move was so easy...whereever you go after TX it can only be better

Old 06-28-2008, 08:59 AM

170 posts, read 473,710 times
I agree with Rosie and Glassbox. Dallas is soooo flat and uninteresting. The lakes are the worst with cloudy poor water and soo hot in the summer they cannot be enjoyed. The people are very nice and the houses look very nice and you get a lot for your money. However, the property taxes and utilities are sky high and people moving in dont realize or research this.
Lots of crime unless you move to the North of the city. Once you get out of the metro area, the outlying areas are very bland.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:05 AM

1,101 posts, read 4,330,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassbox View Post
inane ramblings
I started to reply in kind, but decided that the best way to deal with a troll is to deny them what they crave most - attention. So, I will be ignoring this poster in the future, hope you will all do the same.

I'd like to apologize to the other forum members for lowering myself to this poster's level - this is a great forum that is very useful for residents and potential residents of Dallas, and this kind of behavior is not conducive to maintaining that atmosphere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas