Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2018, 05:29 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times

Advertisements

Sickened me today to see all the looters at that store - I do hope there is such a thing as Karma!

Old 09-18-2018, 06:39 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,000,621 times
I believe in Karma. Witch tripped me and broke my arm!!

Seriously, I do believe with all my heart in Karma. What goes around comes around.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:29 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
I believe in Karma. Witch tripped me and broke my arm!!
Seriously, I do believe with all my heart in Karma. What goes around comes around.

How is your arm healing, Camper?

Old 09-19-2018, 08:34 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,000,621 times
Sad to say, it still hurts and just won't reach very high or straight out in front. It is what it is. I don't let it stop me much. I use it all the time, reach for a step when I need it or use my left arm. Life goes on. It could have been worse.

Have you been to your daughter's any more?

Old 09-19-2018, 04:10 PM

I'm so sorry, Camper. I hope that eventually it will heal totally.

No, I havent been back to my daughter's place. We had plans to go monthly but she bought a bunch of baby ducks (to raise for eggs and eventually eating) and she has incubators in the spare bedroom right now. Lulu and I could go up there but we'd be sharing the room with those incubators and neither of us wants to do that.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:46 PM

Not freebie related at all but .. wanted to share how happy neighbors made me - I won 4 tickets to a pre-event and the baseball game itself (Nationals) - friends couldn't go so I offered it to the family of the teen who cuts my grass - they are thrilled - so appreciative (and offered to pay me something and I said NO, I won these!) - glad they can use them and it will be a nice family day for them. "my" teen said he'll cut my grass free the next 4 times! LOL - I said it wasn't necessary, how about once. Anyway, it just makes me happy to make someone else happy

Hoping you all are doing well (sorry about the arm Camper - wishes for you to not have issues w/it) - currently dealing w/terrible peeling/redness, etc. on both palms and between fingers - not sure if it's a reaction to the general thyroid med. they put me on or suddenly excema - hoping it's a reaction as they are sending me what I used to take and have to give it a week or two to see if it clears up. If it's excema........ - trying hydrocortisone, etc. but nothing really absorbs in your palms and it's really hard to use on palms and between hands and then not touch anything as well as keep all fingers spread, LOL) - and... not going to go grapeseed route I also don't want to have to take a med. for it (long story but I really resist taking anything if possible).

That's the latest w/me for the most part.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:23 PM

This chat thread isnt just for freebie-related issues, Flamingo. It's for anything we want to discuss.

How wonderful of you to pass along those baseball game tickets. My sister's family are big Nationals fans and, according to them, the Nationals have a large fan base. To be honest, I'd never have heard of the Nationals if not for her posting, on social media, photos of them at the games all the time.

Sorry about the problem with your palms and fingers. How weird. LOL at grapeseed. Hope the docs can figure out what's causing it and give you a solution.

For over 18 months, back in the late 1980s, I had intense itching when I'd come home from work and take off my clothing. No itching at all until I disrobed. The itching was only in the places where my clothing had been (arms, truck, legs, back) and it was enough to drive me crazy. It would last for a couple of hours and then go away. I tried everything -- different laundry/shower soaps, removing the clothing at my mother's house, even removing it in the bathroom at work (the itching happened wherever I was when I took off the clothing), buying different clothing, etc -- nothing worked. I was too poor, and had no insurance, in those days to go to a doctor. Eventually it went away, even though I hadnt made any changes after the 18+ months.

Please keep us posted.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:29 PM

I got an email from the neighbors w/two pics. - she said they were thrilled to have gone - the place had hotdogs, burgers, salad, watermelon, beverages and the seats were much better than they'd have had (the usual cheap seats like I had been in) - happy that they were/are so happy

I wonder what was causing it TFW? Stress maybe? So when you took off your work clothes did you put anything on? go around nude? just wondering as I would have guessed detergent, etc. but you say that wasn't it - maybe something you were exposed to at work? - I actually had a couple days when it wasn't so bad - I'd been weeding (which I could spend yrs. doing and still not be finished) - and didn't wear gloves because they make my hands sweat and it makes it worse - anyway, some weeds I pulled smelled exactly like citronella (weird) - and I also have all clay soil so dealing w/that - breaking off clumps, etc. - seemed to have helped!! (clay should have dried it I would have thought but it seemed to have helped) - well, that ended in the middle of the night/EARLY this a.m. Now it's supposed to rain every day until next Thurs. so no weeding for now.

I got my Levoxyl prescription yest. so today was the first day of taking it and the pharmacist said it depends on people, etc. but maybe a week-10 days I might notice - keeping fingers crossed.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:11 PM

How nice that your neighbors had such a nice experience at the game, Flamingo.

As for the itching, who knows why it happened. I wondered if there might be something at my office but I was the only one who had the problem. And, a couple of times, I went from my house to my mother's house on weekends and took off my clothes. Same result -- such intense itching for a couple of hours and only where the clothes had been If I'd been wearing a short-sleeved blouse, the itching on my arms was only where the sleeves had been; if I was wearing a skirt, the itching was only where the skirt had covered my legs. For those 2 hours a day, 5 days a week I almost went mad from the itching. And then it just disappeared one day, with no change in my routine, products, anything. Crazy.

Strange how the weeding or the citronella seemed to relieve your condition. Maybe you could buy some citronella grass or citronella oil and see if it helps. Here's hoping the Levoxyl works. Please keep us posted.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:50 PM

So, my day today - see a charge to a restaurant I went to last week (I NEVER "splurge" on eating out as I'm on a serious budget - but I went for it) - Anyway... I look at my charge account today and see that the charge was $10 more than it should have been!! Salad and a drink (total was $13.xx w/tax) - I left a $3.00 tip - BUT!! apparently the person serving decides it would be a $13 tip!!! - Called my CC company and options are: cancel card (again - it happened a few mos. ago but they didn't tell me it had been cancelled) - reissue a card / contact restaurant.

I called the restaurant and got someone who was VERY nice (finally - they have "spiel" hold message) - anyway, got through to him - he pulls up my transaction - ALWAYS KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS!! - and can see exactly what happened.

They will credit my card (and he offered a $50 credit to me at the restaurant which I said wasn't necessary to be that much) - and assured me that as soon as the server come to work today..... she will be canned (apparently there have been issues)

Anyway - it's so sad that some people today have no morals, try (and do) steal, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff