Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2018, 07:51 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,443,939 times

Advertisements

I sympathize, Flamingo. My doctor's office has gone almost totally to communicating via an internet portal. It's almost impossible to get the staff to answer the phone. But at least you got your refill and, hopefully, an appointment within the next couple of weeks.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:11 AM

15,145 posts, read 27,800,655 times
If I could cross my fingers, I would - LOL (neighbor who is a nurse and just retired is going to bring me some things that her husband tried - he has it as well but can't use a lot of things - hoping one of them might help!) - I am glad I will get the refill, one less thing to stress about. Also, neighbor is also bringing me over dinner tonight (big help because I haven't been eating well since I can't use my hands for things like: trim meat, cut/peel vegetables, etc. - and she didn't know that until I thanked her when she called to tell me not to cook tonight)

Old 11-07-2018, 06:07 PM

How interesting that your neighbor's husband has the same thing.

Glad you have a good neighbor to hjelp you out. I wouldnt have been able to survive without my next-door neighbor. When I was bedbound, after my extensive foot surgery, for almost 6 months, she brought me dinner every night. And sh;s taken me to the ER twice, once in the middle of the night when I was having acute kidney failure attacks. And her husband keeps a close eye on my house since I live alone.

Old 11-08-2018, 03:50 PM

My Dr. office called today and they can see me @ 11:45 tomorrow - hoping for some relief! Thanks for all your thoughts

Old 11-08-2018, 03:53 PM

Awesome, Flamingo!!!

Old 11-09-2018, 06:41 PM

So - I see my Dr. today (it was later than scheduled time of course since they'd squeezed me in but I expected that so no problem). She takes one look at my hands and winces, LOL - and says that looks painful (which she said again a couple times throughout the visit). She agrees that it's likely eczema on my hands but she's not so sure about my neck (even though it looks exactly like a picture I'd seen online) - she says there are also auto immune things that could be the cause and recommended a dermatologist.

The derm. building wasn't too far from them (walkable) so I walked over there and the first they can see me is 11/30 (but they have me in for a possible cancellation).

Meantime, she prescribed an ointment for my hands, told me to continue what I've been doing.... so we'll see. She also gave me 6 disposable gloves to use if I need to for prepping food, etc. (I haven't been eating well since I didn't and sometimes couldn't deal w/cutting meat, peeling vegs., etc.)

I took them the unopened pack of 24 snack packs of pretzels I had from Halloween to put in their break/lunch room - they all thanked me. All in all, a good day, I finally broke down and went to a Dr. - LOL

Old 11-09-2018, 08:24 PM

12,993 posts, read 9,521,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Yes, YEA for the Xanax. Thank goodness I have a veterinarian who understands what it's like to have a dog who goes so crazy when it storms. Of course, she's always zonked out for about 24 hours so today is a sleep-day for her.
I had no idea dogs could take Xanax.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:27 PM

Thanks so much for the update, Flamingo. I've been thinking about you and wondered how it went today. Hope the ointment works. Glad you're seeing a dermatologist, as he/she is probably more knowledgeable about the skin conditions on both your hands and your neck. Hope there's a cancellation and you can get in sooner than 11/30. Please keep us posted.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I had no idea dogs could take Xanax.

Yes, dogs can take a lot of people meds. I've given my dogs all the same antibiotics that people take (Keflex, Amoxicillin, Azithromycin, etc) and also relaxants like Xanax and Valium -- and steroids and thyroid meds too. I also give my dogs over-the-counter meds like Immodium and Pepcid when they need them. My last dog had a heart condition and took many heart meds that people take.

It's amazing how much cheaper most meds are from a veterinarian than from a drug store. They're the exact same meds -- I know, because my last dog and I used to taker a lot of the same prescriptions.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:21 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,334,293 times
TFW, I received an anonymous rep today for a post I made back in 2013. The post was in another thread in the forum. It had to do with audio books. A post was right above mine and it was yours. You mentioned having started a lending library at work and listed the genre of your books as well as authors names.

So, one of the authors was Lawrence Block. Just now when I read his name I started laughing. Here's why: I read several of Block's books and one in particular was a Matt Scudder book. You remember Matt. He's an "unlicensed" PI. He was meeting for the first time with a client who happened to be a psychologist.

Matt mentioned that he had sought the help of a psychologist for extreme depression only once in his life. That psychologist was a "poetry therapist" and diagnosed Matt with suffering from......
Wait for it, wait for it......."Edna St. Vincent Malaise."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff