Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2010, 07:17 PM

560 posts, read 915,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
You are so right, EM. You had mentioned this before, over the winter I believe, and I looked into my plan. Hubby is retired Navy and we have Tricare, but the plan I have is available in every Eastern seaboard state - except DE! Can you believe that? So I started the research to see what would be available for me in DE in the future and I am now armed with the correct info. This should be a warning to others from outside DE - do not assume your policy is valid in DE, check it out! The last thing you want in a time of medical need is to find out you are now "out of the plan" by having moved to DE! Do the research NOW!! Thank you again EM!
I'm very confused by your post regarding Tricare in Delaware. We are also a retired Navy family. Our Tricare Prime coverage will continue when we move to Delaware. I just checked the website of Tricare North Region Contractor and we will have the same coverage and premiums we have now. The only thing we have to do is request a change in our PCM...and there are several who are accepting new enrollments.
G2D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 08:57 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,669,488 times
I want to thank Napa Joe for reporting and hope more report what experiences they encountered with the walk through and first hand details of the first year in their new home.

I know I reported but many other experiences are needed to help those during the transition.

So once you are settled....let us know how it's going for you.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:46 AM

388 posts, read 998,308 times
Default Tricare in DE

Sorry for the confusion, G2D. We both do have Tricare Prime, however I have U.S. Family Health Plan, a division of TP that is prevalent here in New England and down the eastern coast except DE! I have already looked into switching and as you mentioned there are quite a few providers that are accepting new TP people, which is comforting to know. Hubby has Medicare with Tricare for Life as a secondary payer. I will have TP in DE, just won't be USFHP that I currently have. Again, sorry for the incomplete info I gave - should have realized there don't seem to be any other New Englanders on this board who would have known what I meant.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:39 PM

12 posts, read 23,507 times
Smile your friendly group

I am so impressed by the closeness of the people in your forum. Although I have never posted before, I feel as though I know you all. Thank you for all of the info and laughs and most of all your compassion. You renew my faith in mankind.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:28 PM

388 posts, read 998,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thank goodness View Post
I am so impressed by the closeness of the people in your forum. Although I have never posted before, I feel as though I know you all. Thank you for all of the info and laughs and most of all your compassion. You renew my faith in mankind.
What a kind and gracious comment! I, too, was impressed when I started reading this board not even a full year ago. The amount and quality of information on this forum is outstanding. Glad to see a fellow New Englander coming on! Have you been to DE? Are you thinking of retiring there? Welcome aboard!

Old 05-30-2010, 05:45 PM

Default to Little Eggplant

My husband and I became grandparents today at 3:11 AM - it's our first and a girl! Both of our sons live in Columbia, Md. and we are retired and have our house up for sale. We have very good friends in Southern NJ and are looking at Four Seasons in Smithville. We have made two trips there and would be buying a resale. I have been so intrigued by your forum, that I keep returning. I was heartbroken to hear about the passing of CWTR's husband. I hope she is settling in easily and that she finds much peace. Your condolences, as I said, really touched my heart. Delaware would be closer to our sons, so we'll see.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:13 PM

124 posts, read 264,170 times
To Thank goodness.......thanks for your kind words and congrats on the new granddaughter! I remember how special the birth of my first grandson was almost six years ago. As soon as she was wheeled out of the operating room (emergency C-section) my oldest daughter presented me with a small framed embroidered sampler that she had made and it read "When a child is born so is a Grandmother." The circle of life......it gives us strength in our sorrow. Please come visit me soon in CC and maybe we can convince you to choose DE over NJ! My grown children live in CT, southwestern VA, Annapolis and Southern Maryland so I'm kinda centrally located for some of them. My husband worked in Columbia and commuted from SoMD till I convinced him to retire early in 2005. I'm so grateful he at least had five years of retirement to enjoy. Good luck on your decision making on where to enjoy your retirement.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thank goodness View Post
My husband and I became grandparents today at 3:11 AM - it's our first and a girl! Both of our sons live in Columbia, Md. and we are retired and have our house up for sale. We have very good friends in Southern NJ and are looking at Four Seasons in Smithville. We have made two trips there and would be buying a resale. I have been so intrigued by your forum, that I keep returning. I was heartbroken to hear about the passing of CWTR's husband. I hope she is settling in easily and that she finds much peace. Your condolences, as I said, really touched my heart. Delaware would be closer to our sons, so we'll see.
Congratulations on the birth of your new granddaughter. What a treasure for years to come.

Hope you take CWTR's offer.......we would love to have you setttle in DE.

This board is filled with caring people and where ever you end up, You'll definately be an asset.
Like CWTR....... my children as scattered ....MD and VA......some other relatives in// PA. DE is a great location and lanscape wise, it looks like jersey with the beach not far.

Did I mention no sales tax along with lower property taxes.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:07 AM

Smile Elizamary

Thank you for all of your good wishes. My husband, too, has Parkinson's and after three years we are still playing around with his meds. You give me alot of strength in dealing with the situation. We just redid our bathroom hoping we will be able to sell our home, but it is very quiet here as far as the re market goes. We will see what happens. Thanks again, we are off to a barbeque - Happy Memorial Day to all.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:36 AM

Good luck with selling your home.

Hope the BBQ was a blast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware