Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2011, 07:13 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times

Advertisements

Don't forget not only will we be showing homes but also food will be served at the clubhouse....yummy.
Along with prized to be won. I'm hoping for the $250 myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 08:55 AM

560 posts, read 915,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Hi Going........So you have a ringy dingy huh. One ringy dingy or two ringy dingies? LOL
I'm retired so I can do as many ringy dingies as I want...whenever I want Although it is so very quiet around here that I hate to interupt the silence.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:36 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
Do you wear helmuts w/ them? When we were in FL, I passed up the opportunity to get one that a neighbor was selling, believe me I hemmed and hawed, figured it would take up more room in the garage than we had to spare, but next time we're there, will see if it's still available (which I doubt). It was one of those unexpected things and I just wasnt sure, thinking of getting a regular bike but it's still up in the air. It looked kind of neat, time will tell I guess.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:36 PM

560 posts, read 915,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Do you wear helmuts w/ them? .

I do wear a helmet if I ride outside of the neighborhood. I also wear one of those bright orange reflector vests...the roads around here are very curvy and narrow. If I'm just peddling around here at Roesville, I'm less formal. We now have a new walking/biking path (finally) so we can safely maneuver around all the construction vehicles This place is growing!! Lots of bike riders and walkers now.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:59 PM

Have seen them in our area w/ long flags up high so they're very visible. Right now I'd prob. about die riding one in FL w/ the hot temps but once the fall is here, it's definitely something Im going to look into. Not sure where else I could ride it except in our development back and forth to the clubhouse or friend's houses, would be a bit leery taking it to a store and locking it, it's something I'll have to check out or talk to local people about. Does look like a lot of fun though (can't rem. if they wore helmuts or not, here in NJ they pretty much do but never saw an adult tricycle in this area, they're prob. more popular in warmer climates). Thx for the info and have fun.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:46 AM

Going..........You sure can have as many ringy dingy's as you want or not
BTW......I got a horn. Sound like Clarabell. LOL

Honeycrisp.....Going sure is prepared and takes no chances. I myself have not ventured out on the roads outside SM. Too nervous plus it's a trike so it's extra wide.
I do ride around SM and no I dont' wear a helmet.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:27 PM

75 posts, read 139,953 times
LOL…Elizamary, I wonder how many people reading this knows who Clarabell is?

Old 06-23-2011, 01:31 PM

LOL, the name rang a bell but I needed dh for a bit more clarification (no pun intended, LOL). Hey, if I get a bike, we'll have to exchange photos! Now I'm sorry I didnt buy the bike when I had the opp. as it was practically brand new but at the time, there was a lot going on (still is but thankfully dwindling down) and it wasn't uppermost on my mind (unpacking and figuring out the area was). Will prob. stay w/in our area too if I get one, am not that great w/ directions and there's more traffic lanes etc there than I'm used to. Any tips on brands or anything else, let me know.

Have fun and stay safe, guys.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
LOL, the name rang a bell but I needed dh for a bit more clarification (no pun intended, LOL). Hey, if I get a bike, we'll have to exchange photos! Now I'm sorry I didnt buy the bike when I had the opp. as it was practically brand new but at the time, there was a lot going on (still is but thankfully dwindling down) and it wasn't uppermost on my mind (unpacking and figuring out the area was). Will prob. stay w/in our area too if I get one, am not that great w/ directions and there's more traffic lanes etc there than I'm used to. Any tips on brands or anything else, let me know.

Have fun and stay safe, guys.
What kind are you looking for honeycrisp......3 wheel or 2?
The roads in De are country roads and not too wide where we live. Since getting older, I have become much more fearful. Guess I've been around too long. so I take a few spins a day around our community. I'm fine with that. It's my new toy
The one I got is a schwinn. Ordered it on line at Walmart.come.....free shipping too.
Of course it is not a real expenisve one but If I get a few years out it, I'll be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2DE View Post
LOL…Elizamary, I wonder how many people reading this knows who Clarabell is?
I wondered that too when I posted it. But most in te 55+ thread probably have.
I always wanted to be princess summer fall winter spring. Judy Tyler or taylor was her name.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:51 PM

I don't know, EM, I keep going back and forth. Hadn't ridden any bike in yrs and yrs and then we went to THe Villages last yr (not moving there though but it was lovely) and they included 2 bikes and 2 helmuts so we used them a couple of times (same w/ the golf cart). Truthfully, my heart was in my mouth riding the bike, I was afraid I wouldnt be able to stop. And the house we rented there for the few days had a small garage and had to manuver the bikes in etc. So I dont know as I'd be brave enough to use a 2-wheeler, at my age Im afraid of falling and breaking a limb (easy enough to do on a good day, inside, in fact it just happened yesterday to a close family member who's now on crutches, as of today). Will def. keep Walmart in mind if/when I take the plunge and will keep you posted. Good to know about the free shipping, I wasnt aware of that. The neighbors directly across from us were selling an in-law's and it was barely used, I think it was a Schwinn too. THis was around the end of our stay and it was raining so I didnt get a chance to ride it (plus they work and werent around too much to try it out at all). Would be such a nice surprise if they decided to hang onto it but realistically, it's prob. long gone, it was a good price. Have seen them on Craigslist too but it's hard to tell from pictures. Maybe eventually I'll graduate to a 2 wheeler, like kids do, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware