Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 09:43 PM

137 posts, read 313,733 times

Advertisements

To InDe...

I don't know when they will start the sleepovers up again in SM. Your best bet would be to keep watching their website. That's usually where they will post the news first.

BTW, Southern Meadow has just started a Facebook page. If you are FB member, you can go ahead and check that, too.

HD--send me a direct message and I'll pass it along to Elizamary, who has been a resident for at least 3 years. She and her hubby are former Philadelphians. I don't think she posts here much anymore. You can go back through this forum to see how much she has contributed and gain a lot of information about Southern Meadow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 07:04 PM

33 posts, read 56,998 times
[quote=sanddollar;17639956]To InDe...

I don't know when they will start the sleepovers up again in SM. Your best bet would be to keep watching their website. That's usually where they will post the news first.

Thank you Sand-D! I'll keep checking.... on another note has anyone heard about the people who live in Nobles Pond and if they are going to be forced to buy their lots? Is it just me, or does that project seem to be in trouble?

Old 01-31-2011, 10:06 AM

560 posts, read 916,100 times
Mod cut - removed quote of deleted, off topic post.

There are many 55+ communities in Delaware and it's unfortunate that they are not better represented here on the forum. There is no "perfect" community for all of us as we each have different priorities. Also true is that some builders have run into financial difficulties as has a large portion of the housing market around the country. However,(and that's a big "however") in most cases the homes and the community will "sell themselves" if what you want is what they offer.
For example: There are several reasons why we chose to live in Roesville -vs- any of the other communities. I'd be happy to share those reasons in a private discussion, but I refuse to deride any of the other communities on this forum, nor will I attack any future messenger who may disseminate inaccurate information. (But I will ask for references if I have any specific concerns.)

What is important is that we share our experiences and valid information. I suggest that each of us should be able to support any critical info by including specific references rather than just saying "I heard about...".

Also, I wonder how we can get more people from other DE communities to read and post on this forum. Any suggestions?

Last edited by toobusytoday; 02-01-2011 at 06:31 AM..

Old 01-31-2011, 11:28 AM

388 posts, read 998,727 times
Had the closing on our house here in ME this morning but we are being permitted to stay a few extra days. For this we are grateful. Have loaded up the back of the SUV with "essentials" for the next several months while our beautiful Broadmoor is being built at CC. Movers coming tomorrow and Wednesday -and praying that the big storm they are calling for is not so bad! Clean the empty house Thursday and then off we go Friday!! Should be settling into our temporary Lewes condo in time to watch the Steelers win the Super Bowl on Sunday. Have been surviving on very little sleep the past few weeks, have discovered frozen surprises in the back of the freezer during cleaning, and have been doing a daily head count of the cats to make sure I didn't pack one of them . Thanks for all the well wishes I have received on this board, via DM, email, and even phone calls. It is indeed humbling to realize that people we have not even met yet are welcoming us to this next phase of our lives. Thanks to all.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:31 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
Had the closing on our house here in ME this morning but we are being permitted to stay a few extra days. For this we are grateful. Have loaded up the back of the SUV with "essentials" for the next several months while our beautiful Broadmoor is being built at CC. Movers coming tomorrow and Wednesday -and praying that the big storm they are calling for is not so bad! Clean the empty house Thursday and then off we go Friday!! Should be settling into our temporary Lewes condo in time to watch the Steelers win the Super Bowl on Sunday. Have been surviving on very little sleep the past few weeks, have discovered frozen surprises in the back of the freezer during cleaning, and have been doing a daily head count of the cats to make sure I didn't pack one of them . Thanks for all the well wishes I have received on this board, via DM, email, and even phone calls. It is indeed humbling to realize that people we have not even met yet are welcoming us to this next phase of our lives. Thanks to all.
Congratulations. I hope this storm doesn't interfere with the plans. It looks like a few nasty days are in store for us.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little eggplant View Post
. Thanks for all the well wishes I have received on this board, via DM, email, and even phone calls. It is indeed humbling to realize that people we have not even met yet are welcoming us to this next phase of our lives. Thanks to all.
I wish you health, happiness, and a safe trip. Looking forward to meeting you one day soon.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason_190 View Post
Your not going to see the clubhouse at Roesville in your lifetime unless your 30 yrs old buying under Delaware Law that says 20% can be under the age of 55. Hey, its all good. The more my wife and I read this thread, the more and more we get pizzed. Go back to where you all came from.
Having a clubhouse in one's 55+ community is no doubt an asset, but it was not at the top of our priority list. We live in Roesville and have everything we need and everything we wanted when we signed the contract. Hopefully one day the planned "Lodge" will be completed as planned, but until then we'll just have to enjoy our good health and happiness without it.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:34 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
This thread has proved to be very helpful for potential residents of the 55+ communities in Delaware. I'll just give a little Terms of Service reminder that everyone agreed to when they registered for this site: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Quote:
Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

If you disagree with something, say so, but explain WHY.

Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics.

Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated. Rude posts will be removed and infractions issued. Do not quote or talk to trolls or your posts will also be deleted. Use the report feature instead.

"Trolling" is prohibited.

"Outing" users by revealing their address, phone number, or other information that they didn't themselves share on our forum is prohibited.

English is the only language to be used this board, use translation software if needed.

Our opinions on a location or issue are just that, opinions. Highly subjective. Personal preferences. Quirks, even. Leave wiggle room for dialogue, others may not see things the same as you, or been there as long as you, and any one of us can be wrong. Pouncing on someone you disagree with runs contrary to the spirit of this board and its members. We are here to help each other.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:08 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times
Hello...just passing by and saw Sanddollars post. Hi sanddollar

I dont' post in the De threads that much any more but did catch SD's post.
Yes, we are from Phila....northeast philly and have lived here for 3 years.
I haven't heard anything about Sleep overs but they may start up again.

Why can't you imagine a new home hd? Just wondering. Cost about the same in the long run and you get it just the way you want it.
There are some very nice re sales too. I know one couple that have their Wisteria up for sale right across from the clubhouse.

What part of Philly are you from??

Not sure what it is you want to know.....One thing I can tell you....the people that live here are down to earth and not at all pretenses.
anything you need to know just send a DM to either Sanddollar or myself. Either would be glad to help you out here.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:20 AM

53 posts, read 112,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
Mod cut - removed quote of deleted, off topic post.

There are many 55+ communities in Delaware and it's unfortunate that they are not better represented here on the forum. There is no "perfect" community for all of us as we each have different priorities. Also true is that some builders have run into financial difficulties as has a large portion of the housing market around the country. However,(and that's a big "however") in most cases the homes and the community will "sell themselves" if what you want is what they offer.
For example: There are several reasons why we chose to live in Roesville -vs- any of the other communities. I'd be happy to share those reasons in a private discussion, but I refuse to deride any of the other communities on this forum, nor will I attack any future messenger who may disseminate inaccurate information. (But I will ask for references if I have any specific concerns.)

What is important is that we share our experiences and valid information. I suggest that each of us should be able to support any critical info by including specific references rather than just saying "I heard about...".

Also, I wonder how we can get more people from other DE communities to read and post on this forum. Any suggestions?
We chose a home Spring Arbor, Middletown DE. ---because of the closeness to Pa ., where my Mom and grandchildren live . One of our daughters live in Pa and one in Md . so we are about equal distance between the both. Also, we like the Middletown area - stores, restaurants etc. My husband loves the fact that there is a Home Depot and a Lowes close by. We liked the Americana homes in SA . Everyone at SA is very friendly and helpful, even after we made settlement.
Pat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware