Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 11:00 AM

229 posts, read 423,762 times

Advertisements

Went to a couple of new spots recently...

Solitaire - the old Highlands Garden Terrace Restaurant off 32nd just a few blocks west of Lowell. Been waiting for this one to open for the last year. Amazing space and decor. Rooftop and side patios. Phenomenal food and service.

Went back to Bittersweet in Wash Park which is still one of my faves. It's always not very crowded in here which worries me that it won't last long. It really is such a great place with unique dishes and presentation.

Jezabelles - southern comfort food in the highlands. Good, but it didn't wow me the way others recently have. Good service. Loud atmosphere and food was very heavy.

Checking out Justin Cucci's new place Ophelia's in a few weeks (plus seeing a concert in the attached concert hall), so excited as Root Down is one of our faves!

And just to clarify, yes all the places I post are mostly 3-star plus restaurants. I recognize this isn't everyone's type of place, it's what my wife and I prefer and there are so many places opening weekly in this segment we can't keep up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 11:33 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,623,896 times
Right now I am at Chipotle. It will suffice.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:09 PM

45 posts, read 54,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Highland Burger & Tap

The Tap burger there is great. Burger + pulled pork + fried egg on top.

Some that we like in the metro area, not sure if they've already been mentioned:

- La Loma in Jefferson Park / Highlands area. Best Mexican food I've ever had. Best chile rellanos and their fajitas (mesquite grilled + wonderful tortillas) are great as well.

- Egg Shell restaurant in Olde Town Arvada. Good breakfast, some good pancakes but nothing worth going out of your way for. Still very good, but I wouldn't drive from Littleton or something to hit this place up.

- Masterpiece Deli in Denver (2 locations, original is just west of i25 and 15th on Central, and another location in Uptown now). Very, very good sandwiches.

- Snarf's - this is a chain, but very good sandwiches (I get the brisket mostly).

- Cheeba Hut - this is also a chain, but very good sandwiches

- My Brother's Bar - very good burgers, especially the JCB

- Freshcraft (Blake and 15th/16th) - some very good sandwiches, unique. I get the crusted pork sandwich, their beer cheese soup is good, and they offer a lot of craft beers on draft

- Zengo - good asian fusion type food. I got the kobe (or was it wagyu?) beef slices, where they bring out this smoking hot stone that you just lay the slice on for about 4 seconds on each side, and it is "cooked"

- The Source - there are a few "shops" inside of this old warehouse, one of them is a Taco Shop that is supposed to be very good, another is a little deli where I got the Tri-talian sandwich. Very good, they make it on the spot using "old world" style meats and cheeses.

- Torta Grill on Colfax very good.

- Socorro's Street Tacos were very very good as well.

Last edited by turbospartan; 04-23-2015 at 01:25 PM..

Old 04-27-2015, 11:35 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Patxi's Pizza. Pretty damn good deep dish. A little expensive, as a medium and a small pizza cost us $50. But its the closest I've gotten to real deep dish since I've been here. They put the sauce on top and bury most of the toppings, which was different. I'd say its one of the best pizza joints I've had in town.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:55 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Patxi's Pizza. Pretty damn good deep dish. A little expensive, as a medium and a small pizza cost us $50. But its the closest I've gotten to real deep dish since I've been here. They put the sauce on top and bury most of the toppings, which was different. I'd say its one of the best pizza joints I've had in town.
Agreed.... the buried toppings is what they do to pizza in Chicago.

I believe we spent ~$80+ there for 3 adults/3 kids, which is why we haven't been back.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:09 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,623,896 times
Three Lions Bar. I was there yesterday to watch Arsenal beat Chelsea but it ended up in a tie.

The food is nothing to write home about. It is all about the Premier League.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:04 PM

694 posts, read 1,040,194 times
Kevin Taylor's Limelight. Good food, but small portions. Reasonably priced for a downtown restaurant.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:18 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
howdy folks. Kinda off topic, but not sure where else to post this. I woke up craving an italian sub today. I don't want one...I NEED one LOL. I was thinking of going to get one at lunch today. I'm downtown, but would be willing to drive a good 5 miles in any direction from city center to get one. Can anybody recommend a good mom & pop Italian sub???

Not that I'm too cute for Jersey Mikes or Quiznos...their Italians are fine. But I want something special today LOL

Old 04-29-2015, 08:28 AM

229 posts, read 423,762 times
Quote:
howdy folks. Kinda off topic, but not sure where else to post this. I woke up craving an italian sub today. I don't want one...I NEED one LOL. I was thinking of going to get one at lunch today. I'm downtown, but would be willing to drive a good 5 miles in any direction from city center to get one. Can anybody recommend a good mom & pop Italian sub???

Not that I'm too cute for Jersey Mikes or Quiznos...their Italians are fine. But I want something special today LOL
This place....in littleton so a bit farther than 5 miles but SO worth it. Best I've had in Denver metro:

Old Fashioned Italian Deli - Home

Old 04-29-2015, 08:59 AM

2,887 posts, read 7,137,696 times
Quote:

Might be a couple of miles further. . .
Valente’s Deli Bakery and Italian Market at 72nd & Meade in Westminster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver