Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 08:53 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,279,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Is the White Fence Farm, in Lakewood, still around?
Yep! It's under new ownership now, and it no longer closes for the month of January. And they've done a bit of sprucing up of the place, it looks very nice.

They just opened a take-out only location in Green Valley Ranch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 12:21 PM

557 posts, read 812,808 times
Stout St Social. It was good. Had a short sushi menu, and other more typical fare. We split a couple of sushi rolls and a mango avocado salad. Enjoyed it, and great location across from the convention center and a block or two to Buell and Boettcher.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:13 PM

24 posts, read 23,887 times
Chop Shop. It was really surprisingly good, considering the way you order, you expect a Chipotle burrito. But it's definitely higher class food done well in a very casual environment, which means you don't have to spend quite so much for something almost on par of Larimer Square. (if not exceeding some of those places)

Old 11-22-2015, 04:25 PM

172 posts, read 252,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty-Mill View Post
I love me a vegan pizza! The Whole Foods on Belmar sometimes has good vegan pizza.
Hey thanks for the tip!! I will definitely check that out next time I'm in that area

On the SW corner of Alameda & Wadsworth is a restaurant called Live Basil Pizza. They have vegan pizza available though I haven't tried one yet. About a year ago, before I made the switch from vegetarian to vegan, I had one of their veggie pizzas with dairy cheese & it was soooooo good . Would really like to try their vegan pizza.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:07 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,127,654 times
Tacos Rapidos!

So we were in the mood for good tacos. Yelp reviews say Tacos Rapidos is a top 5 taco joint in the metro area. We rode to Lakewood from Parker to try it out. I got the super nachos, and the wife got the loaded fries.

had to be a half pound of Carne Asada steak, globs and globs of sour cream and guac, shredded cheese, and a ton of green and red sauce containers. Holy Toledo, it was friggin' delicious.

We drove up there again this past weekend to get the same thing. So flippin' good.

Even though they've had some inspection/health code problems in the past, I'll just pretend they don't exist.

multiple yumgasms.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:21 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,642,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Tacos Rapidos!

So we were in the mood for good tacos. Yelp reviews say Tacos Rapidos is a top 5 taco joint in the metro area. We rode to Lakewood from Parker to try it out. I got the super nachos, and the wife got the loaded fries.

had to be a half pound of Carne Asada steak, globs and globs of sour cream and guac, shredded cheese, and a ton of green and red sauce containers. Holy Toledo, it was friggin' delicious.

We drove up there again this past weekend to get the same thing. So flippin' good.

Even though they've had some inspection/health code problems in the past, I'll just pretend they don't exist.

multiple yumgasms.
Is that the place on Evans and Federal? If so, I have been there a few times. I got my carne asada fix along with rolled tacos (not taquitos). It is the closest thing I have had here that compares to a San Diego taco shop. It is definitely worth the drive.

There is another place in Aurora called Tata's which is OK but not as good as Taco Rapidos.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:36 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,994,767 times
Tacos Rapidos is good. There's one on Alameda around Tejon, and another at Federal/Evans as mentioned.

IMO, it doesn't measure up to Coronado's or Taco Star though.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Is that the place on Evans and Federal? If so, I have been there a few times. I got my carne asada fix along with rolled tacos (not taquitos). It is the closest thing I have had here that compares to a San Diego taco shop. It is definitely worth the drive.

There is another place in Aurora called Tata's which is OK but not as good as Taco Rapidos.
Yes sir, that's the place. Right next to what looks like a brand new Wal-Mart. It was about an hour round trip, but definitely worth it. Hell, part of me wants to head out there after work today. I'll have to check out Tata's, I believe we looked that place up also.

Anybody have a really good wing spot they could recommend??

Old 07-06-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Are they here in Denver? Or are those one of the many legendary mexican joints that are only in LA/SD

Old 07-06-2016, 12:43 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,642,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Tacos Rapidos is good. There's one on Alameda around Tejon, and another at Federal/Evans as mentioned.

To me nothing will ever compare to Roberto's in San Diego but I will take what I can get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver