Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2009, 02:22 PM

402 posts, read 1,266,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
I do not like the ideas of pictures
We can always photoshop you out and replace you with
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 04:05 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,721,676 times
Live: No worries about pics, no one takes one if someone doesn't want to be seen.

D-Town: Pete's might be good.

Denver: Tom's is kinda sketchy, but I love the Diner.

Katiana: I've been DYING to try Dushanbe. Maybe we can meet there.

Zionver: I can't see your pic?!

My thoughts, what about Zaidy's, either Cherry Creek or Lodo? They have alcohol and tea there.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:38 PM

38 posts, read 135,907 times
Oh, I was hoping you were going to go with a place in the Highlands. DH and I will be starting to furnish the new place the second week in April...anyway, if you can plan around the week of April 13th, we'll be in town and would love to meet up.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
Live: No worries about pics, no one takes one if someone doesn't want to be seen.

My thoughts, what about Zaidy's, either Cherry Creek or Lodo? They have alcohol and tea there.
Well, I think it might be fun, once anyway. There's also this cool Polish place on S. Boulder Rd at the Day's Inn. It looks pretty suburban but they have these cool pieroge plates.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:10 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,136,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, I think it might be fun, once anyway. There's also this cool Polish place on S. Boulder Rd at the Day's Inn. It looks pretty suburban but they have these cool pieroge plates.
Dushanbe Teahouse is a great place to have tea; it is a unique, beautiful space. The food is lousy, in my opinion, but that never keeps us from going for tea.

I've had breakfast at the Day's Inn Polish place, is it open all day?

Old 03-20-2009, 08:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
Dushanbe Teahouse is a great place to have tea; it is a unique, beautiful space. The food is lousy, in my opinion, but that never keeps us from going for tea.

I've had breakfast at the Day's Inn Polish place, is it open all day?
I think you can go there for lunch; not so sure about dinner. But it is at the motel, so my guess would be probably, for the convenience of the guests. I could find out, if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 03-20-2009 at 08:25 PM..

Old 03-21-2009, 12:49 AM

380 posts, read 1,228,437 times
I like Mama's Cafe on Colfax and Race. Home made pies and cobblers to die for. They also serve beer and cocktails. Never checked out their tea selection....coffee is good. Hooked on Colfax is further up the hill and they have a great tea selection. I also like the Denver Diner...cute place. I am up for anything though. You guys are always so great at picking places. I will be glad to get out of the noisy bars. Makes it so hard to visit.
Wanttomoveeast (sadly) - Today was my first day at the new job. It really looks like I am going to very much enjoy working for RTD!

Old 03-21-2009, 11:19 AM

1,536 posts, read 6,089,411 times
Great to see all the suggestions and excitement about getting together! And the Trolls say we aren't friendly here!

I am going to propose we have three separate gatherings so we can meet some of the more popular City-Data members for the first time. Please let me know what you all think:

The Denver Diner
April 11th, 1:30
denver diners - Google Maps
I called them and they are open 24 hours, but slow down at about 1:00 and that is ideal for groups of 10 or more.
Let me know if this time does not work, especially you LiveContent, as we want you to come out from your dwellings.

Meade Street Station in the West Highlands
April 15th, 7:00 PM
Laura Newmann is an incredible sax player, lives in the area and own's Herb's in LoDo. She comes back to her old stopping grounds on occassion and will be there on the 15th. I still like to have a occassional drink and listen to good Jazz.
Welcome to Mead St. Station!
Laura Newman Jazz Trio w/Ellyn Rucker 9-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromaple View Post
Oh, I was hoping you were going to go with a place in the Highlands. DH and I will be starting to furnish the new place the second week in April...anyway, if you can plan around the week of April 13th, we'll be in town and would love to meet up.
Glad you reminded us of this Stromaple as this would be a perfect night out in your new neighborhood coming from NYC!

Dushanbe Teahouse
Date and Time - Open to suggestions
1770 13th Street
Boulder, Colorado
303-442-4993

http://www.boulderteahouse.com/

Nice suggestion Katiana, and I know many of us would like to meet you and a drive to Boulder for tea would be nice. Dushanbe is on the upper scale for tea houses and it is a beautiful building, but have to agree with Suzco about the food. I am game on going and sounds like so is WTME and Suzco

So let me know what you all think! Photos of you are optional and that is if anyone even remembers to use a camera.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:19 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,404,810 times
Yea, these are all nice places. I will have to show up but I think I need a disguise...Denver Aztec, you really know how to pick em... You must be fun guy.

Livecontent

Old 03-22-2009, 09:20 AM

303 posts, read 1,560,801 times
If you're going for food places now, can I throw in Heaven Star in Broomfield? It is in the Super Star/Kitchen Star family of dim sum places, but in a larger space on 120th, and has had great reviews for dim sum. Although I think there is only one occasional bus that runs through there on weekends (the 112?).

I can't make it down to Denver on weekdays (or really weekends very often either), but I might be up for something closer to Boulder. Dushanbe is in a pretty building, but I'll third the not-great food, high prices, and appalling chai (which is from a premade cloyingly sweet instant mix). Their regular teas are ok though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver