Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 12:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,297 times

Advertisements

well I see people who don't have section 8, in Detroit, and the neighborhood look bad, people who paying 700-1000 in rent still live nasty. The kid is nasty mother nasty and the father nasty. Come on everybody don't have section 8, and neighborhood look a hot mess. not just in black neighborhood also in white to thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 867 times
We were in the unfortunate position of not being able to sell our house in Redford but wanted to move to Livonia for personal reasons. We felt we had no choice but to try to rent our house and all we got were section 8 people. We went with the least bad sounding one. Her voucher did NOT cover the whole rent and she hardly ever paid her share. She also didnt pay the water bill even though it was in the lease that she had to.

Section 8 does NOT do monthly inspections, in fact they only come do a safety check when the lease is up.

This lady and her kids and whoever else she had in there destroyed our house. I admit we didnt want to be landlords and we werent as onsite as we should have been however that does NOT give anyone any excuse to destroy someone else's home. She also snuck a dog in that wasnt asked about and it turns out she put in an above ground pool in the yard which destroyed the grass..all without asking

My point is that there are too many on section 8 that dont appreciate the help they are getting and have no respect for the homeowner they are renting from. We finally practically had her evicted and I took pictures of all the garbage she left and the condition she left our house in.

I sent them to her caseworker but I have no doubt she is still receiving a voucher and probably destroying someone else's house. After that we just did a short sale to be done with the house as it needed work after she left it.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:21 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
How do you know that the neighbors moving into your neighborhood are on Section 8?

Old 03-01-2012, 06:29 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,595,025 times
I don't think you'd be able to tell right off the bat, but I would think any neighbors who move in and act disruptive and disrespectful to the home and the neighborhood are obviously never good neighbors.

Section 8 people are just more likely to do it because some feel they have no responsibility because the government pays some percentage, when in reality, they still have a pretty good share of responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan > Detroit