Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2014, 11:28 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times

Advertisements

Unless someone's system is really out of whack, it's simple - eat when you're hungry, don't eat when you're not.
Everybody is different. If your body is basically healthy, then trust what it is telling you- not some universal RULE about when to eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 05:32 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Everybody is going to give you a different answer. My philosophy is that eating when you aren't hungry is just stupid. Your body will tell you when it wants food, listen to it.

20yrsinbranson
Problem with that approach is, your body doesn't want to lose fat. Fat loss=less chance of survival. So going by hunger will generally not net in fat loss.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:24 PM

447 posts, read 652,011 times
I always eat breakfast for several reasons
1 I get sick my body needs fuel to get going and stay going
2 it makes sense to eat breakfast and lunch because you will be active and burn it dinner is the meal you want to go small in portions because generally you relax and wind down for bed after

Old 05-30-2014, 12:36 AM

10 posts, read 13,875 times
Skipping breakfast is really very bad for health and it is not useful in loosing the weight, it effects your body badly. It weakens your body, decrease the metabolism of your body and suddenly increases the weight of your body. Skipping breakfast doesn't helps you to reduce the weight, but helps to gain the weight and decrease the energy level and stamina of your body. I never skip the breakfast because I am very health conscious.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:47 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinPerez View Post
Skipping breakfast is really very bad for health and it is not useful in loosing the weight, it effects your body badly. It weakens your body, decrease the metabolism of your body and suddenly increases the weight of your body. Skipping breakfast doesn't helps you to reduce the weight, but helps to gain the weight and decrease the energy level and stamina of your body. I never skip the breakfast because I am very health conscious.
You are severely ignorant. It does not weaken your body, your metabolism actually goes UP ~10% and your bodyweight will be headed down if anything, seeing as you are running almost 100% on stored fat when in a fasted state.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:53 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
From a weight loss and medical aspect, you need to give your body some fuel, whether you feel hungry or not. It doesn't need to be much, just throw down something that is not just a bunch of sugar.
I will add my own opinion, which is, unless you have a health or weight problem, if you don't want to eat in the morning, keep doing what you're doing.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:56 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,685,511 times
Im on a counting calories diet. Sometimes its 4-6 hours after I wake before I eat (simply not hungry) but as long as i get near my allotted calorie intake for the day then im good. Breakfast is the first meal you eat; it doesnt have to be bacon and eggs (or some such).

Old 06-05-2014, 11:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,240 times
I say never skip breakfast cause its the best time of the day to burn fat and lose weight cause your body is running at it's highest peak to lose weight as soon as you wake up in the morning. So eating breakfast is essential. I just use skinny fiber and it works. I know people say that diet pills are bad but it's not a diet pill. It's all natural. And it works I don't know about any other but it works. I will not tell you not to excersice as everyone needs to walk or something a few days but you don't have to do that with skinny fiber. And to find out more to it go here>> What Is It? Now I work and my eating habits are usually bad. I have to eat sweets all day long and eat pretty bad sometimes. I have been using skinny fiber and Since it's 100% natural I gave it a try. I am no different then no one else hey I give anything a try but this stuff Is amazing. Its not a diet pill its all 100% natural food in a capsule. Don't take my word for it all I tell you do is try it. And you will find out. Everyone is talking about this and is proven to work. My name is Errol contac me if you need. I am here to help anyone. Good luck on losing the weight cause you will lose weight.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:49 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilynn View Post
I say never skip breakfast cause its the best time of the day to burn fat and lose weight cause your body is running at it's highest peak to lose weight as soon as you wake up in the morning.
Eating breakfast = burning fat? How? Please explain your theory.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:15 AM

88 posts, read 192,258 times
I think for weight loss you no need to skip breakfast because it can be harmful for your health Even it can be more beneficial if you take a cup of green tea before your breakfast, It will really help you to loss your extra fat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss