Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 11:06 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,285,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesiia View Post
Hello MAK802,
Hey I was asked to evaluate a bulldog today that needs to be re-homed. He is currently in Gardena, CA and his owner is disabled with severe arthritis. And I'm sure that has a lot to do with what happened. He bit a neighbor that is slightly mentally handicapped. The bite was not really bad, but a bite is a bite and now the owner (who rents) needs to re-home him and won't consider the pound. He is altered and current on his vaccinations.

Can anyone in your network help Max. I don't have a pictures but I can get some.

freesiia
I sent you a PM!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 11:55 PM

205 posts, read 726,166 times
Thanks, I sent you a message in error, as I'm a numskull and hit send too soon. I corrected my error and resent. Thank you again for your help!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:03 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,423,539 times
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My foster just picked them up. The female is WAY pregnant - as in about to pop at any second. Are you freaking kidding me??!!! I didn't look at them that closely when I was there. I wish I had. I don't do puppies? Don't you guys remember? Me no puppies!!!

Why is this happening to me??

Old 06-17-2010, 06:11 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,774,959 times
Oh my gosh......don't some bullies have to small of a back end because of bad breeding? I don't know that for sure but it seems like I've heard that. Must google.

Where will you find the time for puppies. You do so much already. Is there a foster that can help? I hope so.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:17 PM

Bulldog puppies must be born by C-section or there is a good chance both mama and babies must die. They're not like any other breed!

Old 06-17-2010, 06:18 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,423,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiegee40 View Post
Oh my gosh......don't some bullies have to small of a back end because of bad breeding? I don't know that for sure but it seems like I've heard that. Must google.

Where will you find the time for puppies. You do so much already. Is there a foster that can help? I hope so.
I know EBD are notorius for needing C-sections, so when my vet gets in tomorrow he will hear my panicked phone call telling him I need his home phone and cell phone and mother's phone and neighbors phone and the phone of the grocery store he shops at and his pharmacy........... I think I may have gone a bit overboard in total shock and fear.

I have no clue where the time will come from. I'm freaking out. We just had 11 massive dogs dumped on us by another rescue today. And we've got half a dozen still getting over kennel cough and they're on meds twice a day. I don't know where I'll put the EBDs. And puppies? OMG. They take so much time. And you've got to be so careful about transmission of disease. I have no clue what the heck I"m going to do! Gah!!!

I guess I need to start begging my fosters to each take in an extra dog. If I can get at least 10 of them moved out of my house and into fosters I can dedicate the entire living / dining room to them. I'll just have the kennel girl bleach it down really good. Gah!!!

*deep breath*

O...................M.......................G..... ........................

Old 06-17-2010, 08:53 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,045,748 times
im so sad..i wish i was closer....we just went through a process trying to adopt the sweetest little bulldog from our local shelter. Her name was Hermoine. She was such a love! We just adored her and went and visited several times. We passed the first phases and were put in the pool of applications to adopt her. Then waited for even longer while it whittled down more and more, and were SO hopeful when they told us we were in the top 5. But in the end, they found someone else they felt would give her a better home. sigh...its very sad to miss a dog that we never even had live here with us.....
good luck in finding forever homes for these little sweeties...and wonderful you for taking 2 dogs that really need more attention/care than most. well worth it as they are imo.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:37 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,920,283 times
Not all bulldogs need to have a c-section. Our male's dam gave birth to 8 puppies naturally. But most have it done just as a precaution which is probably a good idea.

Also I'm not sure if you know this or not, but someone will need to be around the mother and her pups for the first couple of weeks, the mother can accidentally smother them.

I hope you will be getting some help, I wish I was able to. Bulldog puppies are the cutest!

Last edited by dogpaw; 06-18-2010 at 06:45 AM..

Old 06-18-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpaw View Post
Bulldog puppies are the cutest!
I completely agree. There is nothing cuter that a Bulldog puppy. I miss PC as a baby, he was stunningly cute! While I'd love to have such a tiny, cute little puppy again, we decided long before PC came home that he will be our one and only puppy, the rest we'll get as adults. PC was way too easy as a puppy, no way we'd be that lucky again!

Mrs1885, this is what you'll have soon. PC is on the right, with his tiny little legs extended. He was only a couple of hours old in this picture.

4 day old PC:

3 weeks:

Our first time meeting him, at 5 weeks.

His first few days home, 8 weeks.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:54 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,023,541 times
O.M.G.

i can smell the puppy breath right through my computer screen.......

could pc have been any cuter??

mrs1885 ..... sending all the good karma i can summon.... sounds like you're gonna need it.....

let us know what the vet says......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs