Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:49 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,122,320 times

Advertisements

So...are you gonna get a cast? Do you know yet? If you do, you should decorate it with doggie pics from everyone on the CD Dog forum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 09:52 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
So...are you gonna get a cast? Do you know yet? If you do, you should decorate it with doggie pics from everyone on the CD Dog forum!
We'll know for sure tomorrow or Wednesday. She said that she could prescribe a cast but the only thing it would do is be awkward. Same for crutches. She said that -- assuming it is a break -- that it will heal on its own, with time. Oh, and with REST -- what is THAT???

Old 01-24-2011, 09:57 AM

3,749 posts, read 12,405,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
There's one neighbor of mine who I loathe -- I'll sell HIS kidney! Gladly!

This weather makes me long to move to Florida (where my husband is from) but he keeps reminding me that then I'd complain about the heat and humidity. He's right. I just need a good middle ground, which sounds to me like where you are... until I get used to it, like you've done. Sigh...
Personally - I want to go home to Florida! Summers here are a blast furnace with no cooling afternoon showers and no ocean breezes. 40 may seem warm to you but I'm cold!!!!!!

On that note...DH came home the other day with a job offer within his company for..........ALASKA! No amount of love or money would have me move to an area with that much winter and that much cold! I know...I know its a beautiful state and I'd love to visit but if I lived there I'd have so much goose down wrapped around me, I'd look like a walking pillow!

Luckily....DH was just funning with me! Funny funny man

Old 01-24-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-Cat View Post
Personally - I want to go home to Florida! Summers here are a blast furnace with no cooling afternoon showers and no ocean breezes. 40 may seem warm to you but I'm cold!!!!!!

On that note...DH came home the other day with a job offer within his company for..........ALASKA! No amount of love or money would have me move to an area with that much winter and that much cold! I know...I know its a beautiful state and I'd love to visit but if I lived there I'd have so much goose down wrapped around me that I'd look like a walking pillow!

Luckily....DH was just funning with me! Funny funny man
ALASKA????

There's nothing funny about living in Alaska! Not even Sarah Palin!

I hope you kicked him in the knee for that. Uh... no.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:16 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,553,903 times
I have a 5 inch steel plate in my ankle thanks to a dog and a tracking line and my accident was NOT that uncommon.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
I have a 5 inch steel plate in my ankle thanks to a dog and a tracking line and my accident was NOT that uncommon.
YOUCH!!!!

So I guess I should be thankful that it's a "clean break" -- I am! I am!

Old 01-24-2011, 10:28 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,122,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
We'll know for sure tomorrow or Wednesday. She said that she could prescribe a cast but the only thing it would do is be awkward. Same for crutches. She said that -- assuming it is a break -- that it will heal on its own, with time. Oh, and with REST -- what is THAT???
Make Artie lick your leg, dog have natural healing agents in their tongues!
I'd go bat crazy if someone told me to rest; I can't sit still for long. Always have to be doing something. As my mom says, "you've got ants in your pants!"

Old 01-24-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Make Artie lick your leg, dog have natural healing agents in their tongues!
I'd go bat crazy if someone told me to rest; I can't sit still for long. Always have to be doing something. As my mom says, "you've got ants in your pants!"
It's actually really funny because near the end of our walks, when I'm feeling really hurty, Artie -- the King of all Leash Pullers -- walks right by my side and won't stop looking at my bad foot the rest of the way home.

Hmmm. Maybe I should always limp? It's a whole new twist on the word "heel."

Old 01-24-2011, 10:45 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times
Bad Artie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally blame him and you need to be rid of him! For good! Being the good friend that I am, I will agree to take the BAD BOY off your hands.
I actually did the same thing when we first moved here! Some idiot let his dog loose to "play" with my two....he rushed me instead and knocked me down. For weeks I hobbled around and then hubby did the same as J. Hog tied me and brought me in for a x-ray. By then, it had started the healing process and I rejected the cast idea. It did heal, WEEKS and WEEKS later...but to this day is can still get tender. That was 6 yrs ago!

I'll still take Artie tho!

Old 01-24-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Bad Artie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally blame him and you need to be rid of him! For good! Being the good friend that I am, I will agree to take the BAD BOY off your hands.
I actually did the same thing when we first moved here! Some idiot let his dog loose to "play" with my two....he rushed me instead and knocked me down. For weeks I hobbled around and then hubby did the same as J. Hog tied me and brought me in for a x-ray. By then, it had started the healing process and I rejected the cast idea. It did heal, WEEKS and WEEKS later...but to this day is can still get tender. That was 6 yrs ago!

I'll still take Artie tho!
OMG!!!!!!! That's CRAZY! Six years?

Um, let me think about you taking Artie.

[pause]
[pause]

OK, Fed Ex has been called. He'll be arriving tomorrow. Next-day air -- he deserves the best in travel.

PS. You didn't have to respond to this thread, y'know. Email is a good thing. * Snort! *

PPS. xoxo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs