Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 02:42 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times

Advertisements

you think that tongue is "tiny little" ??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 02:44 PM

3,749 posts, read 12,406,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Here are some PC kisses for everyone. His tiny little tongue is all ready!
LOL - I love that face!

Old 01-24-2011, 02:47 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Quote:
Of course, he'll give you 12! He's quite the little ham when it comes to new people!
PC makes me blush.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:49 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,290,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
you think that tongue is "tiny little" ??????
It's tiny, just like his belly!

Old 01-24-2011, 03:37 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
I'm sorry you broke your leg!

You don't recall an incident that caused the break?

My sister-in-law broke her leg while sleeping in bed. Her leg got caught up in the covers and when she woke up her leg was broken.

I thought she was a freak exception. Don't get me wrong. I'm not calling you a freak.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:24 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,590,447 times
Oh great bulldog kisses! Mak can you come dry my computer screen for me?

There was a new bulldog at the dog park the other day so I squatted down to pet him and he jumped up giving me a huge sloppy kiss then shook his head spraying me with slobber. His owner ran over and said " I am so sorry" I laughed and told her no need to be as my brother has two so I get bullie kisses all the time and knew what I was getting into when I decided to say hello to her dog. Nothing quite like a kiss from bulldog!

If PC's kiss doesn't make Dawn feel better nothing will!

Old 01-24-2011, 04:35 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
Quote:
It's tiny, just like his belly!

And he does love everyone! Fickle guy that he is!

Old 01-24-2011, 04:54 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'm sorry you broke your leg!

You don't recall an incident that caused the break?

My sister-in-law broke her leg while sleeping in bed. Her leg got caught up in the covers and when she woke up her leg was broken.

I thought she was a freak exception. Don't get me wrong. I'm not calling you a freak.
Oh no, you can defnitely call me a freak. I thought it was bizarre that, if it is broken, that I can't recall a WOW! incident that would have caused it. I just know that there's been a lot of rough terrain that cause me to lose my footing a lot. Combine that with my age (45) and the fact that I don't drink milk (and thus don't get a lot of calcium) -- I'm sure that my bones are plenty weak.

It's funny (well, not really) what you said about your SIL -- over the past couple of weeks, when I'd catch my leg in the blankets in my sleep, the pain of the twist would wake me up.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:33 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,290,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
Oh great bulldog kisses! Mak can you come dry my computer screen for me?

There was a new bulldog at the dog park the other day so I squatted down to pet him and he jumped up giving me a huge sloppy kiss then shook his head spraying me with slobber. His owner ran over and said " I am so sorry" I laughed and told her no need to be as my brother has two so I get bullie kisses all the time and knew what I was getting into when I decided to say hello to her dog. Nothing quite like a kiss from bulldog!

If PC's kiss doesn't make Dawn feel better nothing will!
PC doesn't drool at all, he's a very clean dog and has always been that way. When I would talk to other Bulldog owners, I could never relate because he's not lazy, he doesn't drool, and is nothing like the stereotype. I always felt like I had another breed, since he doesn't have any of the personality quirks of a bully.

Then, we got MB. He is the world's most disgusting dog and the reason I have to vacuum/steam clean a minimum of every other day, sometimes more. He doesn't know how to drink, so he's not allowed to use regular water bowls. He doesn't get the concept of using his tongue, and instead sticks his entire face and jowls into the bowl. Then, he'll drag all that throughout our house, wet all the floors (we have no carpets), and cause people to slip. After my husband nearly broke his back from slipping on his drool, we had to get a special bowl for him that forces him to use his tongue.

He also shakes his head and gets the drool everywhere, it's so nasty. When ShelbyGirl visited, he not only got drool on her but on everyone that stopped to pet him. One woman was so disgusted that she wiped her slobbery hands on Shelby's jeans! I can't take him to the beach/park with us anymore because he never listens to me and people are not happy when he jumps and drools all over them.

Let's just say that if MB came first, there wouldn't be a 2nd Bulldog. We love the breed but after him, are very hesitant to get another for fear we'll get another MB.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:45 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,424,010 times
Quote:
PC doesn't drool at all, he's a very clean dog and has always been that way. When I would talk to other Bulldog owners, I could never relate because he's not lazy, he doesn't drool, and is nothing like the stereotype. I always felt like I had another breed, since he doesn't have any of the personality quirks of a bully.

Then, we got MB. He is the world's most disgusting dog and the reason I have to vacuum/steam clean a minimum of every other day, sometimes more. He doesn't know how to drink, so he's not allowed to use regular water bowls. He doesn't get the concept of using his tongue, and instead sticks his entire face and jowls into the bowl. Then, he'll drag all that throughout our house, wet all the floors (we have no carpets), and cause people to slip. After my husband nearly broke his back from slipping on his drool, we had to get a special bowl for him that forces him to use his tongue.

He also shakes his head and gets the drool everywhere, it's so nasty. When ShelbyGirl visited, he not only got drool on her but on everyone that stopped to pet him. One woman was so disgusted that she wiped her slobbery hands on Shelby's jeans! I can't take him to the beach/park with us anymore because he never listens to me and people are not happy when he jumps and drools all over them.

Let's just say that if MB came first, there wouldn't be a 2nd Bulldog. We love the breed but after him, are very hesitant to get another for fear we'll get another MB.
LOL...yup she did! Since I was walking MB, she took for granted he was mine. MB "slimmed" her, and she wiped it on me! Hmmmm....PC held his own in the slime dept too! But, it's ok! A little dog slobber never hurt anyone!

We turn this thread back over to D and her "maybe" broken leg, and FedEx had better be on time tomorrow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs