Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2011, 07:11 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
8 to 1 hogs as a fact, but don't let that stop you from insulting the folks in Iowa
ha ha ha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 07:14 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You should express your apologies for being a sexist.
I want to know if Ms Bachmann has any experience with French ticklers. All Americans want to know just exactly how French is she, and why is she hiding her French ancestry?

Old 08-13-2011, 07:14 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Yes, he is.
Which means his choice as running mate will be key.
Not that I am in any way wishing him ill, just being realistic.

Perhaps, for some of us, wisdom still comes with age . . .
Wisdom may come with age, but stamina does not. No 77 year old has the necessary energy and stamina to be POTUS.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:16 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
OK

"When I wake in the morning, I wait on the Lord, I ask him to give me the strength to do right by our country and our people," Obama said later. "And when I go to bed at night, I wait on the Lord and I ask him to forgive me my sins and to look after my family and to make me an instrument of the Lord."

Obama delivers major speech on personal faith – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs
He prays privately. I have no problem with that.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:16 PM

910 posts, read 1,676,750 times
I was reading comments on The Blaze regarding the Iowa poll, and holy crap Bachmann lovers are quite possibly dumber than Obama supporters. They have screen names like tepartypatriot, constitutionalconservative and whatnot, but ignore the fact the she voted to extended the Patriot Act! I have little doubt that neo-cons and bandwagon people like that will be far harder to deal with than liberals. Most liberals on CD are more reasonable than those tools.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:19 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
OK

"When I wake in the morning, I wait on the Lord, I ask him to give me the strength to do right by our country and our people," Obama said later. "And when I go to bed at night, I wait on the Lord and I ask him to forgive me my sins and to look after my family and to make me an instrument of the Lord."

Obama delivers major speech on personal faith – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs
Which of his policies was he supporting with the statements?

Old 08-13-2011, 07:20 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Yeah Ron Paul!!! He needed to come in at least third place and he came in a close second. Way to go Ron Paul!!! Ron Paul 2012!

Congratulations Michelle Bachmann! Not my first choice but maybe my second. An intelligent, principled, strong woman who wants smaller government. I like her.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:21 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Wisdom may come with age, but stamina does not. No 77 year old has the necessary energy and stamina to be POTUS.
Reagan was 69 when he first took office, and served two terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
He prays privately. I have no problem with that.
Your trying way to hard to pick up a turd from the clean end sir.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:22 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I want to know if Ms Bachmann has any experience with French ticklers. All Americans want to know just exactly how French is she, and why is she hiding her French ancestry?
que?

Old 08-13-2011, 07:23 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Yeah Ron Paul!!! He needed to come in at least third place and he came in a close second. Way to go Ron Paul!!! Ron Paul 2012!

Congratulations Michelle Bachmann! Not my first choice but maybe my second. An intelligent, principled, strong woman who wants smaller government. I like her.
Bachmann is a hypocrite. She railed against the stimulus in public and then privately lobbied to get cash for her district from the stimulus package. She railed against the EPA and then lobbied them privately to get cash for her district. Either she is schizophrenic or a liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections