Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 03:55 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,253,084 times

Advertisements

As of right now, my vote is going to Ron Paul whether he ends up winning or not. I can only do my part and not be consumed with people saying "that is a waste of vote" or, "he has very different ideas". That is one of the reasons I like Ron Paul, "he has different ideas" such as liberty of the people; smaller government; unnecessary wars and unnecessary spending on wars; respecting the constitution; he is against the patriot act; he is practical and realistic especially about our monetary system.

Hopefully in the years to come, there will be other candidates that can pick up on the issues that Ron Paul is running on today and give Americans quality candidates with firm principles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 06:10 PM

838 posts, read 922,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and do we have any idea how old his parents were when the died or what the family history is. There are many illnesses that can not be prevented regardless. yes, we are living longer and healthier but we all know many doctors that have died or developed illnesses at early ages. Our primary care doctor in CA who was my brothers as well until a few years ago died on pancreatic cancer when he was in his early 70s. We have a good friend, a doctor in NM who died of cancer right around his 80th BD. both were non smokers, non drinkers, and worked out regularly. I don't care how strong ones body is and how well one takes care of his/her self, there is only so much that a body will take when it reaches a certain age.

I realize I am talking to a brick wall cause you can't even admit, this could be an issue. No one is saying he will die tomorrow or he can not be a good Pres but facts are facts and his age has to be a consideration.
Nita
One can worry about all this and not vote for him, it's free choice. For me, I've been in medicine and nutrition my whole life so understand some. There is a good reason that most terminal illnesses can be and are cured with a vegan natural diet also called God's health plan, it's because these diseases are caused by the modern day bad western diet. If Paul is healthy and eats right which I read he does then his age is ok, he appears well in body and mind. Medical doctors these days do know much more about nutrition than they used to. Physical age is not chronological age.

Worth looking at the younger than he is candidates and what their diet consists of. We are what we eat.

Last edited by clsicmovies; 08-18-2011 at 06:21 PM..

Old 09-02-2011, 03:34 PM

305 posts, read 991,990 times
I am not a republican and I will never vote for one. I stand behind what I say. I can speak my peace like all others do.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:14 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,462,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Your right, it was not public.

LBJ suffered terrible heart disease.
Secretly, he told insiders he would never be able to fulfill a second term. He was convinced he would die at 64.
LBJ died almost to the day of what would be a 2nd term ending if he had run/been elected.

Ron Paul is in extremely good health: physically and
mentally. He doesn't even wear everyday glasses or contacts. See

I have no health concerns about him for a
4 year term. Really, that's all the time, I think he would
need to turn this country around.

*only reading glasses.
That is because RAND probably has him doing eye exercises or wearing pinhole glasses a few hours a day to keep his eyes in as good a shape as his body and mind.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:24 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,462,675 times
Isn't it about time you all gave RP a little CREDIT? Nobody can predict when they'll die but honestly, isn't Ron Paul the most THOUGHTFUL candidate running? Don't you think he knows everyone is concerned about his age and don't you think he would choose the most qualified VP he could find to carry out his plans for the country?

I personally would be happy if he chose as V.P. Gary Johnson or his son Rand Paul or Chuck Baldwin, probably in that order.

P.S. I can't believe you guys kept this thread going for so long. LOL. I thought you all liked new threads started with each new news development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections