Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 08:30 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,462,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
thanks, I am still crying for my granddaughter and will explain to everyone at a later time.

Nita
Sorry to hear about the pain you must be feeling (albeit belatedly since I'm reading the post for the first time).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 08:37 PM

838 posts, read 922,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
only 152 - I'm very happy

They say most of the folks at Paul's tent were 30 years
younger than everyone else. Remember, that's
what put Obama over the top - the young vote.

Good to hear, this tells me that there are intelligent and deep thinking young people out there in politics.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
It doesn't matter. As your link points out, the Republican establishment is never going to let him win..

Paul isn't stupid (I don't think), he should know the fix is in. He might as well end this charade now. Either that, or run as an independent..where liberals like me, who are intrigued by some of his positions, would have an opportunity to possibly vote for him..
Liberals do have the opportunity to vote for him even if they have to change their affiliation temporarily to do it. Ron Paul knows that if the people want him and vote him in, the GOP are forced to accept it.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
We don't register by party affiliation in Washington state. And while I have some libertarian leanings, I'd consider myself a liberal on other issues..

I voted for Obama in 2008, but I don't plan to again. There are a lot of folks like me who are extremely disillusioned with Obama..and are looking for an alternative other than another Republican neo-con. Paul could be that alternative, but only if he runs as an independent, because I guarantee you, just as I guaranteed the Ron Paul supporters here in 2008, his chances of getting the Republican nomination are virtually nonexistent....
Paul is that alternative, so please don't let a party label stop you from voting for the one in a million candidate.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:09 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,249 times
So. This straw poll costs 30 buck-a-roos to vote? And, hehehehhe, the candidats can pay voters to vote for them? hehehehehhe.

O Kay. Now I understand.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Yes, he is.
Which means his choice as running mate will be key.
Not that I am in any way wishing him ill, just being realistic.

Perhaps, for some of us, wisdom still comes with age . . .

Not too old at all! Ron Paul is a medical doctor who knows his health status. We are in an age of modern medicine. We are in an age that knows much about nutrition and how to keep our bodies and minds healthy.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Not too old at all! Ron Paul is a medical doctor who knows his health status. We are in an age of modern medicine. We are in an age that knows much about nutrition and how to keep our bodies and minds healthy.
and do we have any idea how old his parents were when the died or what the family history is. There are many illnesses that can not be prevented regardless. yes, we are living longer and healthier but we all know many doctors that have died or developed illnesses at early ages. Our primary care doctor in CA who was my brothers as well until a few years ago died on pancreatic cancer when he was in his early 70s. We have a good friend, a doctor in NM who died of cancer right around his 80th BD. both were non smokers, non drinkers, and worked out regularly. I don't care how strong ones body is and how well one takes care of his/her self, there is only so much that a body will take when it reaches a certain age.

I realize I am talking to a brick wall cause you can't even admit, this could be an issue. No one is saying he will die tomorrow or he can not be a good Pres but facts are facts and his age has to be a consideration.
Nita

Old 08-16-2011, 09:24 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,581 times
Quote:
and do we have any idea how old his parents were when the died or what the family history is. There are many illnesses that can not be prevented regardless. yes, we are living longer and healthier but we all know many doctors that have died or developed illnesses at early ages. Our primary care doctor in CA who was my brothers as well until a few years ago died on pancreatic cancer when he was in his early 70s. We have a good friend, a doctor in NM who died of cancer right around his 80th BD. both were non smokers, non drinkers, and worked out regularly. I don't care how strong ones body is and how well one takes care of his/her self, there is only so much that a body will take when it reaches a certain age.

I realize I am talking to a brick wall cause you can't even admit, this could be an issue. No one is saying he will die tomorrow or he can not be a good Pres but facts are facts and his age has to be a consideration.
Nita
So don't vote for him then.

As for me and many others, probably including the individual your callling names, 'Brick Wall' we'll probably vote for him in spite of this issue because we believe that he is the best thing that absolutely could happen for American and even if his presidency was cut short the precedene would be set, the congressional agenda in place and the successor chosen (VP) to carry on in his stead.

You may support a media and information blackout as is their right but many Americans feel this is offensive and antithesis in a free society. So no, we won't shut up, we won't go away and we won't be badgered in to cooperating with this despicable example of modern black-lising.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
So don't vote for him then.

As for me and many others, probably including the individual your callling names, 'Brick Wall' we'll probably vote for him in spite of this issue because we believe that he is the best thing that absolutely could happen for American and even if his presidency was cut short the precedene would be set, the congressional agenda in place and the successor chosen (VP) to carry on in his stead.

You may support a media and information blackout as is their right but many Americans feel this is offensive and antithesis in a free society. So no, we won't shut up, we won't go away and we won't be badgered in to cooperating with this despicable example of modern black-lising.
what are you talking about? I think you totally lost me: I have never called anyone a name:: If you have read my comments and could keep an open mind I have said over and over, 1-I respect everyone's right to vote for whom they think is the best candidate, I have never said for anyone to "shut up" and I have made it clear the Paul supporters are the most loyal I have seen. Why are you so defensive? I still maintain, his age will be an issue for many.

NIta

Old 08-16-2011, 02:56 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
what are you talking about? I think you totally lost me: I have never called anyone a name:: If you have read my comments and could keep an open mind I have said over and over, 1-I respect everyone's right to vote for whom they think is the best candidate, I have never said for anyone to "shut up" and I have made it clear the Paul supporters are the most loyal I have seen. Why are you so defensive? I still maintain, his age will be an issue for many.

NIta
Dr. Ron Paul's age will absolutely be an issue for many.
HERE is the issue at hand:

"Age may wrinkle the face, but lack of enthusiasm wrinkles the soul."

I will never be an old man. To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am.

For Age is not alone of time, or we should never see men old and bent at forty and men young at seventy-three."

"Age…Is a matter of feeling, not of years."

And if that is not enough for you:

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now

Jackson Browne & Joan Osborne - My Back Pages ( With lyrics) - YouTube

THE BYRDS- "MY BACK PAGES" ( W / LYRICS) - YouTube

Vote Ron Paul 2012

Ron Paul and Our Future - YouTube

Last edited by pollyrobin; 08-16-2011 at 03:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections