Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2011, 09:19 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
He will never be POTUS. He is too old.
It doesn't take that much energy to say the one-syllable word, "no".

Even 100 times a day.

Nobody can do it like Ron Paul do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT8MF...eature=related

Last edited by ergohead; 08-13-2011 at 09:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 09:20 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,276,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yeah, you keep posting that. We get it, you have a real problem with ageism. Obviously from the percentage of Paul supporters being under 35 yrs. of age others do not share your bias and look beyond the surface to the substance.

Ron Paul Wins Online Straw Poll - News, Weather and Sports for Sioux City, IA: KCAU-TV.com

Ron Paul 2012 trailer - YouTube

MTV's Aimee Allen, Ron Paul Anthem Music Video MUST SEE!! - YouTube

Old 08-13-2011, 09:29 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Now that is just damn funny right there..Disrespectful to our current president? How about Obama & Libs bringing up, and blaming ex presidents from the last 200 years.
The reason for the disrespect is the pandering and nothing is lower than sucking up to an electorate just to score points. If a candidate has something to offer they do not need to focus on bashing the currect POTUS. I know that it is done more often than not, but Bachmann is not runnung against Obama yet and she very likely will never be. The most impressive thing she had to offer the public was light bulb legislation.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:47 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Are you serious? She actually had a concert in return for voting for her? Unethical right out of the gate!
The concert was for her and her staff and supporters. Other candidates had BBQs and stuff for their people too. She did not say the concert was in return for voting for her but rather a campaign event for her supporters. If you are paying for food and entertainment, do you want your opponent's people coming and eating and dancing at your party? Of course not! And NO I am NOT a supporter of Bachman.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:18 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,575,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
This is good. I am rooting for MB. She's the best candidate who can defeat the GOP and will help Obama take another four years LMAO

Go Michelle!
please your scaring me! not LMAO!!!

Old 08-13-2011, 11:56 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
My assessment of the results is this:

1. Apparently Iowans, after seeing the damage Obama has done, being a candidate with no applicable experience now running our country, are willing to turn around and vote for another person with no applicable experience just because she yells louder than everyone else when she talks making her seem more decisive than their mailman who probably also has good ideas, shares their ideology and is just as qualified as Bachmann to be President.

2. Don't give up, Tim Pawlenty. If you have the money to keep plugging along, keep plugging along. You are right about Bachmann. I suspect now, however, both Mitt Romney and Rick Perry will have to sing your tune. She is NOT qualified for the job.

3. Re Ron Paul and the media: Never underestimate the enthusiasm of a politician's fans. He came pretty close although no one ever remembers the person who finished second, in any contest, no matter how close they come. He gave a great afternoon speech on the sanctity of life on Straw Poll Saturday.

4. Iowans, expect to see more of Mitt Romney in your state. Yes, I know he didn't campaign in Iowa but he was actually on the ballot and finished lower than Perry who wasn't on the ballot, who hasn't participated in a single debate and just declared on straw poll day. That's got to give Romney and his organization the heebie jeebies, so I think you will be seeing more of him up close and personal.

5. Next year, should we actually expect a different primary/caucus winner in the first three states up? What would that mean? Would it make Florida (a big state) more important?

6. Mike Huckabee should not be used by Fox News as an impartial analyst/panelist for the 2012 presidential race. He's ticked off at Rick Perry for failing to endorse him in 2008 and who could forget Huckabee and McCain ganging up on Mitt Romney in 2007/2008? Put Huckabee back on the shelf, strumming his tunes, on his own show. He's not impartial.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:22 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
My assessment of the results is this:

1. Apparently Iowans, after seeing the damage Obama has done, being a candidate with no applicable experience now running our country, are willing to turn around and vote for another person with no applicable experience just because she yells louder than everyone else when she talks making her seem more decisive than their mailman who probably also has good ideas, shares their ideology and is just as qualified as Bachmann to be President.

2. Don't give up, Tim Pawlenty. If you have the money to keep plugging along, keep plugging along. You are right about Bachmann. I suspect now, however, both Mitt Romney and Rick Perry will have to sing your tune. She is NOT qualified for the job.

3. Re Ron Paul and the media: Never underestimate the enthusiasm of a politician's fans. He came pretty close although no one ever remembers the person who finished second, in any contest, no matter how close they come. He gave a great afternoon speech on the sanctity of life on Straw Poll Saturday.

4. Iowans, expect to see more of Mitt Romney in your state. Yes, I know he didn't campaign in Iowa but he was actually on the ballot and finished lower than Perry who wasn't on the ballot, who hasn't participated in a single debate and just declared on straw poll day. That's got to give Romney and his organization the heebie jeebies, so I think you will be seeing more of him up close and personal.

5. Next year, should we actually expect a different primary/caucus winner in the first three states up? What would that mean? Would it make Florida (a big state) more important?

6. Mike Huckabee should not be used by Fox News as an impartial analyst/panelist for the 2012 presidential race. He's ticked off at Rick Perry for failing to endorse him in 2008 and who could forget Huckabee and McCain ganging up on Mitt Romney in 2007/2008? Put Huckabee back on the shelf, strumming his tunes, on his own show. He's not impartial.
Don't be so sure of yourself.
The media and the neocon gatekeepers have been ignoring Ron for years and years however he refuses to go away - as a matter of fact he comes back stronger every time!

Ron Paul is going to be POTUS.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:51 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Hasn't it occurred to anyone that she has a French first name: Michelle. Is she one of those cheese eating monkeys? Would America feel comfortable with a president that has a French name? I don't think so.
So what. Ever stop to think what kind of name the current POTUS has?

Old 08-14-2011, 07:56 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

enthusiastic political fan = vote

Memorable 1st runner ups in history:
I guess you've never watched American Idol

Old 08-14-2011, 08:10 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I consider the man to be too old for the job since I am just over 1 year older than he is.

Lets just watch the Obama speeches once he really starts to campaign and see if we see all those young women screaming and fainting all over the place.
Ron Paul has a very young crowd. The followers
at Dr. Paul's tent in Iowa had quite a few folks 30 years younger than many of the other opponent's followers ...
He attracts the young for a reason. He does not have
stale thought processes

You'll still see the young women screaming and fainting
for Obama - they had been bused in before and they'll
do it again. You must be old enough to know
that old trick - they used it when Frank Sinatra
played the Paramount in '42

You may be one year older, but not necessarily wiser
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections