Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2011, 07:46 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,772,816 times

Advertisements

Voters should know that just because they like someone doesn't mean they are fit to be president, example Bachmann and Pawlently supporters. They are usually better off doing other things than trying to run the country. Though I can't blame voters, candidates tend not to know whats best for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 07:48 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Here you go, and its from one of the libs beloved.

Obama Prays With Pastors Who Tell Him To Protect the Poor
es, you're right...protecting the poor is certainly not a good thing!

Old 08-13-2011, 07:50 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeofseasons View Post
Voters should know that just because they like someone doesn't mean they are fit to be president, example Bachmann and Pawlently supporters. They are usually better off doing other things than trying to run the country. Though I can't blame voters, candidates tend not to know whats best for themselves.
Obama is the poster child for that.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:50 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am a natural borne American and I don't want to know what you say all of us want to know. Of course, you are not natural born, as I recall.
I was born in Fulda, Germany.
My point is that the American people don't want anyone with connections to France or French heritage to be their leader.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:51 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,340,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Reagan was 69 when he first took office, and served two terms.
With Alzheimer's...

Quote:
Your trying way to hard to pick up a turd from the clean end sir.
You have yet to point out how he has used his private religious beliefs to support his public policies.

I'm waiting.....

1,457 posts, read 2,028,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
es, you're right...protecting the poor is certainly not a good thing!
you wanted an example, i gave it to you.

3,681 posts, read 6,275,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Bachmann is a hypocrite. She railed against the stimulus in public and then privately lobbied to get cash for her district from the stimulus package. She railed against the EPA and then lobbied them privately to get cash for her district. Either she is schizophrenic or a liar.
And she would still rail against the stimulus package; not her fault that it went through. What should she just let it all go to the Dems' districts once its there??? I know some of you guys think she's "bat crazy," but c'mon...She's not stupid.

Bachmann is a smart, principled woman.

Ron Paul is still my #1 choice; but Bachmann is a very worthy candidate for consideration and the left knows it or we wouldn't see all the heavy Bachmann Bashing.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:52 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,252,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1987 View Post
Sad but true...

I'm just happy Ron Paul finished within 150ish votes. A super-close second place finish can't be ignored.
I feel he is going to make a run in the republican primaries.Whether he wins or not it's difficult to say. However, I think he the only candidate that makes the most common sense and has the ideas to get this country in a better direction compared to the rest of the field.

Ray1945 I have been thinking the same thing you did. If he was 15-20 years younger, I think eventually he will be president as I think eventually people will actually see his common sense approach to politics and the constitution.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:53 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
And she would still rail against the stimulus package; not her fault that it went through. What should she just let it all go to the Dems' districts once its there??? I know some of you guys think she's "bat crazy," but c'mon...She's not stupid.

Bachmann is a smart, principled woman.

Ron Paul is still my #1 choice; but Bachmann is a very worthy candidate for consideration and the left knows it or we wouldn't see all the heavy Bachmann Bashing.
How is she principled if she is doing one thing in public and another thing in private?

Old 08-13-2011, 07:54 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
How is she principled if she is doing one thing in public and another thing in private?
She isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections