Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Ron Paul Have The Same Support With A (D) Next To His Name?
No, He would be bashed as a far left nutcase 22 35.48%
Yes, It doesn't matter what letter is next to his name 33 53.23%
Not sure 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 05:57 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,730,895 times

Advertisements

"No, He would be bashed as a far left nutcase"

This is the best option you offered, but this isn't quite right. Yes the Dems would bash him and call him a nutcase. But not a "far left" nutcase. The Democrats are almost as loyal to Keynesian Economics as they are to the Pro-Choice movement, and that economic model is the antithesis of Ron Paul's ideas on economics. The very notion that "smaller government is a good thing" is pure treason to Dems.

He'd be called an extremist and an economic terrorist. "Terrorist" is a popular word with the Dems these days for whatever reason. Same name-calling politics as usual, new name.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:19 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,807,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

This is the best option you offered, but this isn't quite right. Yes the Dems would bash him and call him a nutcase. But not a "far left" nutcase. The Democrats are almost as loyal to Keynesian Economics as they are to the Pro-Choice movement, and that economic model is the antithesis of Ron Paul's ideas on economics. The very notion that "smaller government is a good thing" is pure treason to Dems.

He'd be called an extremist and an economic terrorist. "Terrorist" is a popular word with the Dems these days for whatever reason. Same name-calling politics as usual, new name.
Wow,...It's unbelievable (or not) the garbage those on the far right believe.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:23 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,038,590 times
Ron Paul would never get my vote regardless of what party he affiliated himself with......I will never vote for someone who wants to overturn Roe v Wade.

Small government my a**, he would have no problem allowing government to insert itself into women's personal lives, be it state or federal. Hypocrite.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:25 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

Why do you think they are in fact NOT calling him a terrorist or extremist? Don't you think they would be more likely to call him names when he has the "R" behind his name?

Old 12-15-2011, 07:52 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,221 times
If Ron Paul Had A (D) Next To His Name, Would He Have The Same Support?

I actually think that the Blue Dog Democrats would have loved to have had him.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:55 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,584,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Something that I've been pondering. Being a libertarian, Paul's views don't fit exactly on either the left or right, but could easily be on the (D) side from his very liberal views on ending the wars, legalizing drugs, against bans on gay marriage etc,... I've noticed many of the hard right leaning members on this forum and others are supporters of Paul and I wonder if that's only because of that (R) or because they truly stand behind his views and would support him no matter what letter was next to his name.
What support? He's the only honest candidate in the field. Which probably explains why the Democrat and Republican parties have bought off the media to keep him buried deep in the news articles.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:56 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
If Ron Paul Had A (D) Next To His Name, Would He Have The Same Support?

I actually think that the Blue Dog Democrats would have loved to have had him.
Ron Paul has the votes of many the Progressives in the DNC have left behind.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:01 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Ron Paul has the votes of many the Progressives in the DNC have left behind.
Quite true...the DNC have left many of us out of their party with nowhere to go...Right leaning Dems are becoming scarce because most have just given up and quit voting...the Repubs generally go way to far overboard Right for our tastes and the Dems flop to far the other way....I wish the Blue Dogs had enough support to break away,can't see it happening in my lifetime though with the way things are heading.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:54 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
His support for ending programs that help out the poor, the elderly, and students still wouldn't fly with Democrats.

Or maybe his support for ending programs that enslave the less fortunate in our country would not fly with Democrats.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:55 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Wow,...It's unbelievable (or not) the garbage those on the far right believe.
It's also unbelievable (or not) the garbage those on the far left believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections