Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Ron Paul Have The Same Support With A (D) Next To His Name?
No, He would be bashed as a far left nutcase 22 35.48%
Yes, It doesn't matter what letter is next to his name 33 53.23%
Not sure 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 04:11 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Well, war is a biggie with me.

I know very few "strict" constitutionalists....
There are constitutionalists like us libertarians,
and then there are constitutionalists like the Constitutional
Party, whereas it has a biblical base in legislation, of
which I disagree.

But I think we all have more in common than
one might think...

Bottom line - the country is going down, down,
down, and I've voting for Paul, Paul, Paul
Luv ya...polly, polly, polly

Old 12-19-2011, 06:16 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Hate to break it to you, Ron Paul is as conservative as they come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
that's it, folks. This post wins the ''Spinmeister post of the year'' 2011.
NO CONTEST. Give the man the Award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Ron is an old school republican.
Check out Larry McDonald (D) from Georgia. He passed when the Korean flight was shot down near Russia. Great politician imo. Similar views to Ron Paul and he was a doctor too.
I'm sure there are some who climbed on board because of the R by his name but he does differ from the current big federal government republican platform.
It's always about policy.
Paul is not a republican at all, though some on the right seem to want to spin it just because of that (R) next to his name.
I've been following Paul for a while and have never heard him refer to himself as a conservative or a republican, but many times as a libertarian.
The "small government" GOP is long gone and has been for the past 30+ years if not longer. They are currently an ultra-right big spending, big government fascist reign.
Paul is strongly against this as to why he is shut out and bashed by fox and other right wing outlets.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:23 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,462,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I think it is a reasonable question. Most Democrats don't even know what a Democrat is supposed to stand for or they don't care. They just vote that way because their parents did or do. The same goes with Republicans. The few of us who recognize that, especially today, the parties don't MEAN squat anymore and that the issues are what is important would vote for Ron Paul no matter what party he affiliated with. Theoretically among those that DO know what Democrats traditionally stand for, there would be LOTS of support for Paul among democrats because he is a TRUE PEACE Candidate UNLIKE Obama and Democrats were always anti-war (albeit big spenders on social programs) but I think Peace would be a big issue this year. Also, they might figure out that withought cutting back on military spending there will be no money for anything ....especially social programs.
Yikes. Without Without not Withought LOL! That is a first. Sorry for the ridiculous spelling.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:40 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,368,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
He is a true Republican (which is very Libertarian but has since slid into the sorry excuse they have become). However, if he was a Democrat (although he would be equally rejected by them as well), I would support him. The truth is the truth and I don't care if it comes from a man or woman; black or white; young or old. He is the halogen light shining in America's closet and exposing our shame and neglect. Let it shine!
I am not sure if Paul would have the same support but myself the highlighted is where I stand. Good post

Old 12-19-2011, 07:49 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,801 times
I would still support him the same way, regardless of the letter behind his name. Democrats and Republicans are equally corrupt and equally culpable for the mess we are in, so it doesn't matter to me what party he is in. Principles matter, party doesn't.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:06 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Paul is not a republican at all, though some on the right seem to want to spin it just because of that (R) next to his name.
I've been following Paul for a while and have never heard him refer to himself as a conservative or a republican, but many times as a libertarian.
The "small government" GOP is long gone and has been for the past 30+ years if not longer. They are currently an ultra-right big spending, big government fascist reign.
Paul is strongly against this as to why he is shut out and bashed by fox and other right wing outlets.
The media says what you said about being a libertarian. However, he has said, many times, he has some libertarian leanings and refers to himself as conservative and republican. As you mentioned, the GOP has changed. Ron Paul hasn't. Here he is during the debates 4 years ago answering the question of being republican.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:21 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The media says what you said about being a libertarian. However, he has said, many times, he has some libertarian leanings and refers to himself as conservative and republican. As you mentioned, the GOP has changed. Ron Paul hasn't. Here he is during the debates 4 years ago answering the question of being republican.
He called himself a constitutionalists in that video. He's actually bashing the GOP for their insane spending and getting loans from communist china, the false war in iraq we never should have gotten involved in, and other right wing warmongering. Those are actually some of his hard left stances.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:19 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
He called himself a constitutionalists in that video. He's actually bashing the GOP for their insane spending and getting loans from communist china, the false war in iraq we never should have gotten involved in, and other right wing warmongering. Those are actually some of his hard left stances.
He also said he's a a strict fiscal conservative. Yes called himself a Constitutionalist but don't all people in Congress take an oath to the Constitution?
He mentions Taft didn't want us to be in NATO and how his foreign policy is what Republicans used to believe in before they got to be about big government.

"other right wing warmongering"
Whats the difference between the left and the right warmongering? Who the President is at the time? Both parties are parties of war.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:36 PM

865 posts, read 676,423 times
Some people need to open up a text book and look up what the meaning of conservatism is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections