Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Ron Paul Have The Same Support With A (D) Next To His Name?
No, He would be bashed as a far left nutcase 22 35.48%
Yes, It doesn't matter what letter is next to his name 33 53.23%
Not sure 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 05:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times

Advertisements

For some people the party doesn't matter...the person and his beliefs do.
Sadly though, those people are in the minority. Most stick to the party line regardless of what the party is doing to them.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:39 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Anyone that wants the states to descide on a womans right to chose as a way to deny Millions of American women the right to make their own choice is not now, nor will they ever be, a Democrat. He would never get the DNC nomination, just as he will never get the GOP nomination.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:55 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
For some people the party doesn't matter...the person and his beliefs do.
Sadly though, those people are in the minority. Most stick to the party line regardless of what the party is doing to them.
I do not believe that...most vote the closest to their beliefs and unfortunately neither party stands touch on the beliefs of centrist voters...both parties have been hijacked by the wingers and the middle of the road never sees the light of day....just the ditches on both sides of the road are illuminated...sadly.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:02 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,291,785 times
The truth is the truth no matter the party that speaks it.
He is the only one speaking the truth much to the dismay of both parties, and their corporate masters.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:21 PM

535 posts, read 586,012 times
liberals are more for handouts than anything else, so even though they "claim" to like his foreign policy and social views, they care about the dirty money even more, so they would never support him as a D, but might cross over to vote for him if their D candidate is a neo-con like BO.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:32 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
If i understood the OP correctly, then i have to say i would vote for Dr. Paul regardless of which party he belonged to. It is his policies that matter to me ... But i dont think he would do as well as a Democrat because he is more about small government than anything else, and we all know D's love their big government. Even the R's are learning to love big government now, but that is mainly the neo-cons and there are still some paleocons in the party that desire smaller government.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:33 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
I would vote for Ron Paul no matter what!

I like his policies.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:50 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotwhoyouthinkiam View Post
liberals are more for handouts than anything else, so even though they "claim" to like his foreign policy and social views, they care about the dirty money even more
That's the bread and butter of the R's to give trillions in handouts to the rich and the mega corporations, not the D's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
If i understood the OP correctly, then i have to say i would vote for Dr. Paul regardless of which party he belonged to. It is his policies that matter to me ... But i dont think he would do as well as a Democrat because he is more about small government than anything else, and we all know D's love their big government. Even the R's are learning to love big government now, but that is mainly the neo-cons and there are still some paleocons in the party that desire smaller government.
Actually the R's are the party of huge government and anti-constitution. Things Paul are strongly against and why the GOP machine hates Paul. He is strongly against the big government and anti-constitution patriot act. Against the right wing warmongering and military industrial complex, the government being in bed with big business,..essentially Paul is against everything the GOP's core is all about.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:52 PM

674 posts, read 1,056,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That's the bread and butter of the R's to give trillions in handouts to the rich and the mega corporations, not the D's.
The problem at the core is that both R's and D's like to give money to places infested with fraud and where the money actually does very little good.

It's a losing argument on both sides so both should stop pointing fingers since it's more or less a mirror image in either red or blue depending on which shade of purple you like to see.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:54 PM

535 posts, read 586,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post

Tempes??? Solyndra??? GM?? BoA?? Fannie?

???????????????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections