Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 10:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeNomad View Post
Obviously you do ray why else would you waste your time coming here to comment?

Because like most Americans politics and voting for political parties is like rooting for your favorite football team.

Hooray go team! Woohoo! More hope and change here we come!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 06:31 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Great news emily, plus the money bomb is up to 844 thousand and growing!!!

Paul’s real endgame… is not platform planks, but gradually gaining control over as many party organizations as possible…
“The real goal was to seize control of party apparatuses in states that rely on caucuses. With that in hand, Paul’s organization can direct party funds and operations to recruit and support candidates that follow Paul’s platform, and in that way exert some influence on the national Republican Party as well, potentially for years to come”
Five Things Ron Paul Wants*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
I think added to that list should be REPEAL THE PATRIOT ACT and PROHIBIT OBAMACARE and GET RID of the TSA; pat downs and naked body scanners and check points;prohibit drones flying over residential areas; stop chemtrails; insist on labeling genetically engineered foods for starters.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:46 PM

Now that the NDAA section 1021 is coming to light, look at all these Romney supporters waking up in Georgia who want to be sure they don't vote for a candidate that supports it. (Needless to say they probably aren't aware that Romney supports it and didn't see the debate where Romney was asked if he'd support it and he said, "Yes"! )

Reality Check: Is Georgia GOP Against NDAA Indefinite Detention or Not? - YouTube

Old 05-27-2012, 09:20 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
stop chemtrails;
At you request we've got a committee working to change the laws of physics regarding condensation. We'll update you on our progress soon.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:43 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
At you request we've got a committee working to change the laws of physics regarding condensation. We'll update you on our progress soon.
I'm sure it will be part of the party platform this year lol

Old 05-28-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
I'm sure it will be part of the party platform this year lol
Well it would be nice if it did, wouldn't it? Or do you like breathing noxious chemicals and having them sprayed on your property without your permission?

Old 05-29-2012, 05:22 PM

Just like everything else so far has been for Ron Paul where everybody else under the sun is given credit for what people FINALLY realize in the end they should be given to him, a new poll now shows Ron Paul is THE MOST ELECTABLE which isn't surprising based on his plan for the country and the throngs of people who come out to see him.

Turns out over 8000 were polled and 90 percent think if he were the president he'd be good for the country.
New Poll Shows Ron Paul Is The Most Electable Candidate - YouTube

I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:27 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Go Ron Paul!!!
An odd thing is happening here. The way it was explained to me is that our districts have been revised. Now since our polling places have under 250 voters, we will no longer show up to vote, it will all be done absentee.
The information is confusing, drop off locations are not receiving ballots and don't seem to know anything about it. So we put it in the mail.
As we get closer to voting day, a lot of people are going to be confused as to what to do.
We were told by the county clerk we could drop them off at our usual polling place on June 5. If that's the case, why can't we just vote as usual. I don't get it.
Maybe this is a good thing, since we won't be using the Diebold machines, but they should be more forthecoming about this new process. It's almost like they are intentionally making this confusing. The packet also says we must use a 44 cent stamp, but the envelope says No Postage Necessary.

Is this just CA or is this happening all over?

Old 05-29-2012, 07:23 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Go Ron Paul!!!
An odd thing is happening here. The way it was explained to me is that our districts have been revised. Now since our polling places have under 250 voters, we will no longer show up to vote, it will all be done absentee.
The information is confusing, drop off locations are not receiving ballots and don't seem to know anything about it. So we put it in the mail.
As we get closer to voting day, a lot of people are going to be confused as to what to do.
We were told by the county clerk we could drop them off at our usual polling place on June 5. If that's the case, why can't we just vote as usual. I don't get it.
Maybe this is a good thing, since we won't be using the Diebold machines, but they should be more forthecoming about this new process. It's almost like they are intentionally making this confusing. The packet also says we must use a 44 cent stamp, but the envelope says No Postage Necessary.

Historically, there have been "issues" with absentee voting. This is why pushing absentees to internet voting is significant. It can be enough of a percentage to swing an election.

This is classic plausible deniability. Confuse the issue or create a problem and provide the solution. I don't understand how legally they can make you an absentee voter. I would check into that.

Look here. Seems they just banned write-ins.
(CA) State of California

Something going on.
(CA) 1/12 - State: NEW VOTE BY MAIL ACCOUNTING RULES

Last edited by CDusr; 05-29-2012 at 07:33 PM..

Old 05-29-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Go Ron Paul!!!

I agree! Your local news talk radio people should get to the bottom of it for everyone. That sounds awfully confusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections