Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 11:39 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,368,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Okay, so now you've wrangled up the cash...how are you going to receive your ID (as in where will they mail it)?

A PO box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 11:50 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,922,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
That is so totally untrue.

Shame.
No the shame the voter fraud so often associated with the Democrat party. It is part of the party history. Claim the truth and be proud.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:19 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,378,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The vote is a cornor stone of democracy. Especially in this day and age where every vote counts. Requireing a legal ID would certainly eliminate many avenues of fraud. The only reason anyone would be against it is fear of a valid election.
How can anyone live today without a valid ID? How do you cash a check? Buy a drink or tobacco products? How do you buy a car? How do you sign up for gov benefits such as welfare or Social Security?
I know quite a few people that if they didn't drive they could function without ID. They don't drink/smoke. They have direct deposit. They buy cars with cash. They don't fly or do anything that requires ID. I myself fit in that catergory. I do need ID so I can sign up SS and Medicare.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:14 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,147 times
Quote:
When my ID expires, I will not be able to renew it because I don't have a copy of my birth certificate.

So which is it, will I abruptly become a non-functioning member of society, or will I abruptly start engaging in voter fraud?
As to your first statement, why can't you just file
for a new copy of your birth certificate ?

As to the second question, probably both.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:31 AM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Deciding not to have internet for 1 month would be a really stupid idea since I use the internet to make money.
Then get rid of something else that will cost $17....

Whats stupid is your telling everyone that you work but $17 is out of your range to buy?

Old 09-17-2011, 06:33 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,045,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
voter ID saves nothing, actually costs millions.

i cant believe you are this trusting of politicians. to believe they really care about your vote, and that the republicans are doing this to look out for you and me.

i know you are a republican, but you can't afford to be this passive and blinded by anything your party does.

i think party loyalty is for the weak and is a big reason why the electorate is so dumbed down.
I think that an involved citizenry is important.

My party has nothing to do with it.

The fact is, there have been many issues with voter fraud in certain districts.

Don't you want that stopped?

Old 09-17-2011, 06:34 AM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Okay, so now you've wrangled up the cash...how are you going to receive your ID (as in where will they mail it)?
Hold, on....you have internet, you obviously work from a place that you reside and your telling us you do not have any type of mail box, p.o. box...

My goodness, what a sheltered life you live....

Old 09-17-2011, 06:35 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,045,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I have to wonder how a person would be competent to vote if they are unable to check a box on the form. How tough can it be to check a dang box??? I mean really, you can't check the box on the card but you know how to vote????? Give me a break!
If the check box said "free food" they would see it.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:55 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No the shame the voter fraud so often associated with the Democrat party. It is part of the party history. Claim the truth and be proud.
If there were verified cases of voter fraud, as you seem to suggest, then there would have been a recount of the votes. If a democrat still won an election after the recount, then that democrat obviously received more votes than their opponent.

That negates your previous post, stating that a democrat can only win an election through voter fraud.

Shame on you for your blatant lies.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:38 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
If there were verified cases of voter fraud, as you seem to suggest, then there would have been a recount of the votes. If a democrat still won an election after the recount, then that democrat obviously received more votes than their opponent.

That negates your previous post, stating that a democrat can only win an election through voter fraud.

Shame on you for your blatant lies.
There are verified cases, and convictions. They are easy to find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections