Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 09:16 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I've lived in plaaces where you had to present you ID before you voted to show that you were indeed who you said you were.

When I first lived and voted someplace that did not want to see my ID to verify I was the voter that I claimed I questioned them and did not like that they were not checking.

My first thought was anyone could come in here saying they were me and voting in my stead.

That was years ago.
In Pennsylvania, your voter "ID card" is a picture-less piece of copy paper that has your name, address, district number, and political party affiliation printed on it. That's it, they don't ask you for photo ID to back it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 09:26 PM

14,029 posts, read 15,041,009 times
well if they are applicable to both parties (they are) then it doest help one party.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:44 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
"The soft bigotry of low expectations."

Why does the left assume that most black people do not have ID?

Nobody assumes black people do not have ID, but I've seen a lot that suggests poor people (and black people, because they are disproportionately poor) are less likely to have ID than the non-poor.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Again...how do those people cash checks, receive benefits, drive, own or rent a home without some form of ID?

It's hogwash and the dems/libs don't like it because they encourage and count on voter fraud.

Nothing at all wrong with people having to prove who they are and if they are eligible to vote.

The vast majority of people support this.

Probably most of them don't cash checks (when they work they get paid under the table), receive benefits (there are very few benefits available to childless adults, and I suspect lack of ID is concentrated among poor childless adults)...probably most do not own cars or drive (or drive Other People's Cars or even illegally), and those at the bottom of the economy often surf Other People's Couches or live in mom's basement.

I'm happy to prove who I am, as long as I don't have to shell out any cash to do so.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
If you don't have ID, you are either not a functioning member of society, or you are engaged in vote fraud. I'm not seeing the problem with the new laws, either way.

When my ID expires, I will not be able to renew it because I don't have a copy of my birth certificate.

So which is it, will I abruptly become a non-functioning member of society, or will I abruptly start engaging in voter fraud?

Old 09-16-2011, 11:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
When my ID expires, I will not be able to renew it because I don't have a copy of my birth certificate.

So which is it, will I abruptly become a non-functioning member of society, or will I abruptly start engaging in voter fraud?
What? Come on, what state is that?
In PA bring the old one with mail from your current address and you get a new one.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
If I were homeless and wanted to vote you could bet your butt I'd be able to wrangle up the miniscule fee for an ID.

What's next, dogs can't vote?

Okay, so now you've wrangled up the cash...how are you going to receive your ID (as in where will they mail it)?

Old 09-16-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Thats my fault.....you lost your original birth certificate?

Well, here....I suggest that for 1 month you decide to NOT have internet and buy your official copy.

Certified Birth Certificates and Passports for you.

Deciding not to have internet for 1 month would be a really stupid idea since I use the internet to make money.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:09 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Okay, so now you've wrangled up the cash...how are you going to receive your ID (as in where will they mail it)?
Never had an ID mailed to me.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I have to wonder how a person would be competent to vote if they are unable to check a box on the form. How tough can it be to check a dang box??? I mean really, you can't check the box on the card but you know how to vote????? Give me a break!

Checking a box on the form won't do you any good if you don't have the $ to get a copy of your birth certificate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections