Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 08:07 PM

27,205 posts, read 15,378,459 times

Advertisements

If the possible Democratic voters can't because they aren't smart or resourceful enough to be able to get an official ID I'm not sure they are capable of even knowing who they are voting for.

Come on, this is a crock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 08:10 PM

27,205 posts, read 15,378,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
No, it will affect POOR people regardless of party, but both sides have made the calculation that it's a partisan issue.

In this country, you can't get away with trying to screw black people or Muslim people or female people, but you can screw the poor with impunity until the cows come home.

Class warfare, anyone?

If I were homeless and wanted to vote you could bet your butt I'd be able to wrangle up the miniscule fee for an ID.

What's next, dogs can't vote?

Old 09-16-2011, 08:14 PM

46,357 posts, read 27,192,583 times
Quote:
No, it will affect POOR people regardless of party, but both sides have made the calculation that it's a partisan issue.

In this country, you can't get away with trying to screw black people or Muslim people or female people, but you can screw the poor with impunity until the cows come home.

Class warfare, anyone?
They are supposed to be free, right?

If not, please provide something to back your comments....

Old 09-16-2011, 08:14 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,510,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The vote is a cornor stone of democracy. Especially in this day and age where every vote counts. Requireing a legal ID would certainly eliminate many avenues of fraud. The only reason anyone would be against it is fear of a valid election.
How can anyone live today without a valid ID? How do you cash a check? Buy a drink or tobacco products? How do you buy a car? How do you sign up for gov benefits such as welfare or Social Security?

I don't need to cash no stinking check. I have plastic and I have PayPal and even some cash.

Everything I buy and sell online is paid for through PayPal.

I won't be able to renew my currently valid ID because I don't have a copy of my birth certificate. If this is so important to some people, they should be willing to provide for free the things people need to comply, otherwiuse it's an unfunded mandate.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:17 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,931,199 times
Quote:
I don't need to cash no stinking check. I have plastic and I have PayPal and even some cash.

Everything I buy and sell online is paid for through PayPal.

I won't be able to renew my currently valid ID because I don't have a copy of my birth certificate. If this is so important to some people, they should be willing to provide for free the things people need to comply, otherwiuse it's an unfunded mandate.
they have to offer free ID, otherwise we are heading back to the 60's.

next they'll want you to pass tests.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:22 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,080,904 times
Just look at the democrat constituents....people without the awareness to procure ID and felons.

LOL

Old 09-16-2011, 08:22 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,510,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
They are supposed to be free, right?

If not, please provide something to back your comments....

I won't be able to get my "free" ID when it's time to renew because I don't have a (non-free) copy of my birth certificate.

Saying that Y is free is misleading if you need a non-free X in order to get Y.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:27 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,080,904 times
Quote:
I won't be able to get my "free" ID when it's time to renew because I don't have a (non-free) copy of my birth certificate.

You've never needed an original birth certificate?

I have my original but needed to pay $17 bucks for the state copy.

Anyone can pay $17 bucks for the right to vote, right?

Old 09-16-2011, 08:28 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,389,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
they have to offer free ID, otherwise we are heading back to the 60's.

next they'll want you to pass tests.
There was a thread about this a little while back.
Wisconsin offers a free ID.... BUT... employees are directed not to volunteer that information.

From Free voter ID difficult to obtain for some in Wisconsin :

Getting a free Voter ID card

In a memo published by The Capital Times, a Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicles official directed employees to not offer or mention the fact that state ID cards can be obtained for free. Instead, the employees are told to offer information on the voter registration cards only if the individual knows to check the appropriate box.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:31 PM

46,357 posts, read 27,192,583 times
Quote:

Thats my fault.....you lost your original birth certificate?

Well, here....I suggest that for 1 month you decide to NOT have internet and buy your official copy.

Certified Birth Certificates and Passports for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections