Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 01:16 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Yep, before moving in with us he was living in his parent's two bedroom home (he's 86 years old).
What!?

How the hell did he manage to get ID?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 01:21 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It is being addressed. There were cases of people voting through absentees then going to their district and voting again. They are looking at ways to cross check between absentees and showing up at the polls. Haven't heard much about it in a while.
That caused delays in vote tallying here. A lot of people voted twice. It's a big problem in Florida with the "snow-birds" that vote by absentee ballot in their home State and then vote in Florida as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Class warfare, anyone?
I'm all for it. Getting rid of unproductive leeches like you who suck the life blood out of everything would be a pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i just want to know why republicans are pushing for this now.
Probably because there's 17 Million illegal aliens in the US and people are tired of it, and because the people had the common sense to elect Republicans in huge majorities into the State governments.

Quote:
I won't be able to renew my currently valid ID because I don't have a copy of my birth certificate.
I don't believe that. I would need to see a link showing the law that requires it.

I was out of the US for over a year, and when I returned, my driver's license had been expired for 6 months. All I had to do was turn in the old driver's license and take the written portion of the driving exam to get a new license.

I did not need any other documentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshRox01 View Post
That said this is a frightening trend towards a national ID card.
Name a country that doesn't have a National ID card.

Name a country that doesn't issue a separate voter ID card (other than the US). We have separate voter ID cards in Romania.

I'll give you a big freaking clue.

If you don't want a National ID card, then stop acting like a freaking unitary state system and start acting like the federal system that your founders created for you, otherwise you're just talking out of both sides of your neck.

You can't continually give power to the federal government at the expense of the States and then whine that you have a national government. That's idiotic.

Quote:
When my ID expires, I will not be able to renew it because I don't have a copy of my birth certificate.
Salvation Army will get it for you for free if you're low income. So will St Vincent de Paul, so will Goodwill, and so will a few dozen other social service organizations.

Did you bother to check at your local county Health & Humans Services department? No.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:22 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Here's a liberal arguing....

Me..."you need ID to vote."

Lib..."I don't have it. That's unfair!"

Me..."They will give you one free at the DMV."

Lib..."I don't drive. That's unfair."

Me..."Take a bus."

Lib...."That cost's money! That's unfair!"

Me..."Walk or get a friend to drive you."

Lib..."I can't walk that far....none of my friends drive. That's unfair."

Me..."You can do it online."

Lib..."I don't have internet. That's unfair!"

Me...."Do it over the phone."

Lib..."I don't have a phone. That's unfair!"

Me....I guess you can't vote!"

Lib...."What about my rights!? That's unfair!"

Libs tend to have a "Whoa is me, that's unfair!" answer for everything.

Anyone else notice this?
Well you know what they say about excuses.
20.00 is too expensive for a PA ID?
Well how much for those smokes? That beer? Heres an idea just suck it up and go get an ID? Or since its that big of a deal get your reps to finance a way for everyone to get an ID.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:22 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
Why would "likely" Democrat voters be ones without state ID's??? They don't drive? They don't buy liquor?? They don't fly anywhere? They don't use credit cards?? They don't have a job?? I guess I don't understand how someone don't do any of those things... and if they don't, why are they even voting? They don't do any of those things but they are willing to vote? Maybe we should have the government take over the DMV and give out free Driver's license to anyone who applies... if a few bucks is too much for them... If they don't do any of those things and don't have money... do you really want them to vote? Is like asking a drug addict if they want drugs... I rather we don't influence the election of our leaders with people like that...

Old 09-18-2011, 01:23 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
Quote:
What!?

How the hell did he manage to get ID?
My wife brought him to the DMV, he turned in his license and applied for the state ID card. She took him to the VA with his discharge papers and received his VA ID card.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well you know what they say about excuses.
20.00 is too expensive for a PA ID?
Well how much for those smokes? That beer? Heres an idea just suck it up and go get an ID? Or since its that big of a deal get your reps to finance a way for everyone to get an ID.
It doesn't matter whether it's 20 dollars or 20 cents! You shouldn't have to pay to vote.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:28 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It doesn't matter whether it's 20 dollars or 20 cents! You shouldn't have to pay to vote.
You do not have to pay...

Why is that so hard for the left to understand?

Old 09-18-2011, 01:30 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
My wife brought him to the DMV, he turned in his license and applied for the state ID card. She took him to the VA with his discharge papers and received his VA ID card.
The way the lefties are acting, A) You need to be a millionaire to get ID, or B) It's unreasonable to expect someone to actually have ID.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:32 PM

Voter Fraud Conviction - 620 WTMJ - Milwaukee's Source for Local News and Weather

Here's one example of voter fraud conviction. If you do a google search of "acorn voter fraud convictions" you'll find at least 15 convictions,...and that
S just the ones stupid enough to have gotten caught. That's not including those northeast liberals who vote in the Northeast in the morning, hop a jet to Florida, and vote again in the afternoon. It also does t include the fine New Orleans tradition of the dead rising to vote. That's why the bodies are buried in tombs above ground,...makes it easier for them to vote (old Louisiana joke). It also doesn't include buses running through poor areas to bringthe poor to vote. These buses have dark tinted windows so you can't see money changing hands. That's how Senator Mary Landrieu of New Orleans first won her senate seat.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
The way the lefties are acting, A) You need to be a millionaire to get ID, or B) It's unreasonable to expect someone to actually have ID.
Yep, he lives on social security, gets his healthcare through Medicare & VA. It was so easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections