Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 04:44 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,814,451 times

Advertisements

If the Chinese sold off their dollar assets in a way that made the dollar collapse they would be the supidest people on Earth. To do that they would need to dump all their dollar assets at once, but because it wouldn't all sell at once a lot of their assets would be sold as the prices were crashing meaning that their return would be lower. It would also make US labor the cheapest in world in terms of bang for your buck. This would be terrible for US workers but a fully developed country with 3rd world wages is something China could never compete with. China keeps a lot of profits from its' trade surplus parked overseas because the Yaun isn't convertable so repatriating it would cause tremendous fiscal strain. Nobody wants the dollar to collapse, especially China.

Last edited by Drewcifer; 03-05-2012 at 06:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 05:08 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,202,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
This would be terrible for US workers but a fully developed country with 3rd world wages is something China could never compete with.
Bonus = they kill the goose that is laying their golden egg, those US workers buy much of the things manufactured in and exported from China.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:25 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I was just curious how many people here who believe Dr. Paul is a loony will be sorry and regret that they did not listen to him when the dollar collapses. I will revisit this thread when it finally happens and see how people responded before the fact, and compare it to how they respond after it happens.

So what do you think, will you regret having ignored Dr. Paul when the dolla collapses?
You'll be waiting 'till the day you die.
It's not going to happen.

Ken

Old 03-05-2012, 06:46 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

So what do you think, will you regret having ignored Dr. Paul when the dolla collapses?
This reminds me of an oft asked question on the religion forum.....Will you regret not believing in Jesus when the rapture comes??....as if such a question is suddenly going to cause the 'unbelievers' to join your club.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:00 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Honestly, i hope that all the naysayers are right ... Just like i was hoping that all the Keynesian economists and government lackeys who said that Dr. Paul and some others were crazy for their predictions between 02 and 07 would be right about the housing bubble ... I guess we will just have to wait and see.

The video Below is an interview with Dr. Paul about his predictions of the crash in 08 five years prior to the incident.

Ron Paul Predicts Housing Bubble 5 Years Before it Burst - YouTube

Here is a video comparing Keynesian economics with Austrian economics in practice.

Keynesian Economics vs. Austrian Economics - YouTube

U.N. sees risk of crisis of confidence in dollar | Reuters

Old 03-05-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
This reminds me of an oft asked question on the religion forum.....Will you regret not believing in Jesus when the rapture comes??....as if such a question is suddenly going to cause the 'unbelievers' to join your club.

LOL ... I see your point, though the point of this thread is not really to persuade anyone of anything as much as it is to bring up the subject and see how Paul haters would respond to it.

Of course there is one major difference between the two scenarios, and that is that the collapse of the dollar is a real world scenario that has historical precedents.

On the other hand i am left to wonder if you will believe in the rapture suddenly if someday soon the dollar actually does collapse in the end.

I see the collapse of the dollar as inevitable and necessary for globalization, one world government and one world economy = one world currency or maybe even eventually a one world cashless electronic monetary system. It is obvious to me that there is some agenda to destroy the dollar, while those responsible are pretending to be ignorant of the eventual consequences as the video posted above clearly shows Bernanke and many others doing when challenged about the then occurring housing bubble. What do those people have to say now i wonder? Just like i wonder what you all will have to say if the dollar does finally collapse.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 03-05-2012 at 07:39 PM..

Old 03-05-2012, 07:15 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
I fail to see how anyone could have failed to see the coming housing bubble.Myself and most people I know,without being economists,agreed that it was unsustainable.Its not like it hasn't happened before.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
I fail to see how anyone could have failed to see the coming housing bubble.Myself and most people I know,without being economists,agreed that it was unsustainable.Its not like it hasn't happened before.
exactly, I don't think Paul or anyone else predicting the bubble burst had to be an expert on economy. My brother, in So Ca has a little 1000 sq ft, home,with 1 bath, not particularly updated, no central air and no fireplace: price in 2007 about $600,000 or close. No one ever thought he would be able to get anything close to that. Now, it is worth (still way too much) about $300,000.

I think most of us, can admit we do not totally understand economic, but too many think all we have to do is produce and buy America and all our problems will be solved. The economic world is a little more complicated than that.

Nita

Old 03-06-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
exactly, I don't think Paul or anyone else predicting the bubble burst had to be an expert on economy. My brother, in So Ca has a little 1000 sq ft, home,with 1 bath, not particularly updated, no central air and no fireplace: price in 2007 about $600,000 or close. No one ever thought he would be able to get anything close to that. Now, it is worth (still way too much) about $300,000.

I think most of us, can admit we do not totally understand economic, but too many think all we have to do is produce and buy America and all our problems will be solved. The economic world is a little more complicated than that.

Nita
Yeah right, I'm sure you guys where kicking and screaming the whole time in anticipation of the impending disaster in 08 ... that is why you support the same failed policies and politicians that got us in to that mess even today right? Why you are anticipating. The next collapse right? What about the commercial real estate bubble? You predicting its burst? Yet you say that the dollar will never collapse but we can just keep on printing it and nothing will happen. That is why you all support one of the three stooges or Bush 2.0 instead of Paul right, because though he predicted the crash 5 years previous to the event, Romney is all about the bailouts and Santorum was previously involved in the "Nehemiah project" and also is about deficit spending and voted to raise the debt ceiling 5 times, while Gingrich was a damn Freddie Mac lobbyist and made a million on the whole thing!

What do I expect from people who would sell their own future and the future of their own children so they don't have to cut spending today? ... more lies is all.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 03-06-2012 at 11:04 AM..

Old 03-06-2012, 11:01 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,686,224 times
Lets just say I am already prepared for "that" fact quite some years ago.
The history lesson of the German note & the Japanese Banana note is a learnt lesson, the lesson in human nature is not ignored.
If it happens... I am prepared. If it did not, then it should not affect me in anyways, anyhow.

Preparation is always better than having to search the cure.

P.S. In answer to Dr. Paul... I dunno who he/she is. But the case I reckon will happen will be similar as described.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections