Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 11:30 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times

Advertisements

To be fair, even IF Ron Paul is elected in November and the Fed is audited and the Military and Prison Industrial Complexes are put to bed, it will be extremely difficult to stop this economic train-wreck chugging away at full speed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 12:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Yeah right, I'm sure you guys where kicking and screaming the whole time in anticipation of the impending disaster in 08 ... that is why you support the same failed policies and politicians that got us in to that mess even today right? Why you are anticipating. The next collapse right? What about the commercial real estate bubble? You predicting its burst? Yet you say that the dollar will never collapse but we can just keep on printing it and nothing will happen. That is why you all support one of the three stooges or Bush 2.0 instead of Paul right, because though he predicted the crash 5 years previous to the event, Romney is all about the bailouts and Santorum was previously involved in the "Nehemiah project" and also is about deficit spending and voted to raise the debt ceiling 5 times, while Gingrich was a damn Freddie Mac lobbyist and made a million on the whole thing!

What do I expect from people who would sell their own future and the future of their own children so they don't have to cut spending today? ... more lies is all.
I doubt you are old enough to realize these bubbles have burst before, it is a little more conplicated than many realize. In isn't just the banks, the greedy investors or the stupid people who really thought they could pay $500,000 for a house on an income of $40,000. It is all of the above and not the fault of the government.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:29 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I doubt you are old enough to realize these bubbles have burst before, it is a little more conplicated than many realize. In isn't just the banks, the greedy investors or the stupid people who really thought they could pay $500,000 for a house on an income of $40,000. It is all of the above and not the fault of the government.
I'm am plenty old enough to have seen much more than you could imagine, if not altogether more than you already, and to have read more than you on the subject, and I'm smart enough and educated enough to recognize the lack of education and ignorance/naivety of your statement above.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 03-06-2012 at 12:39 PM..

Old 03-06-2012, 01:16 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Don't you simply Love the honest and respectful replies you get from the Fans and supposed fellow Repubs (Not). Hopefully they will grow up one of these days and see the error of their ways, Maybe.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:19 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
I'm am plenty old enough to have seen much more than you could imagine, if not altogether more than you already, and to have read more than you on the subject, and I'm smart enough and educated enough to recognize the lack of education and ignorance/naivety of your stateent above.
Lack of education, wrong, ignorant, not hardly. I was probably voting before you were born, I was a realtor for 13 years and have bought and sold enough property to take up a few city blocks.

You have every right to voice your opinion and to support any candidate you choose to support, but you might want to make sure you have some idea what you are talking about when you start talking about people's education and knowledge on subjects.

Nita

Old 03-06-2012, 02:30 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Lack of education, wrong, ignorant, not hardly. I was probably voting before you were born, I was a realtor for 13 years and have bought and sold enough property to take up a few city blocks.

You have every right to voice your opinion and to support any candidate you choose to support, but you might want to make sure you have some idea what you are talking about when you start talking about people's education and knowledge on subjects.

Nita
I don't doubt your general education or job training/experience, but it is obvious to me that you do not quickly learn from your mistakes as is evident by the type of policies and politicians that you endorse and support, and that your undrstanding of sustainable polies whether economic/monetary, domesticy/foreign, is limmited to the MSM talking points and propgoganda. Try some alternative sources of information and expand you horizons a litte and you might learn something that will help you realize the corruption inherit in the system which apparently are not aware that you are supporting.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:40 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:

Nita
Interesting that he still tries to lecture you on education while making spelling errors throughout his reply.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:42 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
I was just curious how many people here who believe Dr. Paul is a loony will be sorry and regret that they did not listen to him when the dollar collapses. I will revisit this thread when it finally happens and see how people responded before the fact, and compare it to how they respond after it happens.

So what do you think, will you regret having ignored Dr. Paul when the dolla collapses?

Who is Dr. Paul?

Old 03-06-2012, 02:46 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,160 times
Quote:
I was just curious how many people here who believe Dr. Paul is a loony will be sorry and regret that they did not listen to him when the dollar collapses. I will revisit this thread when it finally happens and see how people responded before the fact, and compare it to how they respond after it happens.

So what do you think, will you regret having ignored Dr. Paul when the dolla collapses?
What the heck, sure, I'll regret not listening to Ron Paul.

And if it turns out that there is an alien spaceship hiding behind that comet, I'll regret not listening to Marshall Applewhite.

[I'm still not sure which of the two is more likely to happen -- too close to call! ]

Old 03-06-2012, 02:48 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Who is Dr. Paul?
Apparently some Congressman who must have his medical school graduation referenced whenever his fervent followers mention him ...

Yeah, weird, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections