Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,655 times

Advertisements

the thing is OLD people dont care what happens since they think they would be dead by then so they dont need to care.

hence they handing us a load of BS to handle instead of them doing it.

hence why older people dont like Ron Paul.
because its the older people's fault right now that everything is a mess.

and because they are old they are even more stubborn since they dont want to admit they are WRONG.

we should have a topic on why dixiegirl and such posters vote for romney and the other candidates.

and have a nice debate.

but did people HEAR what some of those supporters said on the topic of why vote for romney? THEY SAID BECAUSE HE IS handsome or looks good for his age.
LIKE WTF kind of excuse is that. shallow to say the least.

then its about electability. FACT is none of them are electable it will be a shoe in for obama.

Ron Paul is electable except they dont like him taking away their toys so they force the unelectable on him by CHOICE.
*shakes head in disgust* no wonder this nation is going down the toilet.

they want to elect hollywood stars to the office, if the stars were well educated and knew things about the world then fine but they want to elect the biggest **** into office basically.

well tell these presidents they better flash their stuff then to get them votes >.>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 09:38 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,202,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
the thing is OLD people dont care what happens since they think they would be dead by then so they dont need to care.
I'm still not convinced of this, you might be confusing level of enthusiasm with not caring. One could counter that middle aged people usually have more assets to be concerned about and more children entering adulthood than the under 30 demographic.

I don't know if that is true or not, but I'm certainly not ready to simply sweep all the old people into the category of stubborn don't care types any more than they should sweep younger people into the category of naive less world experience.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:58 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I'm still not convinced of this, you might be confusing level of enthusiasm with not caring. One could counter that middle aged people usually have more assets to be concerned about and more children entering adulthood than the under 30 demographic.

I don't know if that is true or not, but I'm certainly not ready to simply sweep all the old people into the category of stubborn don't care types any more than they should sweep younger people into the category of naive less world experience.
....and since he is so sure that 'old people' are to blame for all the problems in the country we does he support the oldest guy to ever run for president?

Old 03-06-2012, 10:40 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I was just curious how many people here who believe Dr. Paul is a loony will be sorry and regret that they did not listen to him when the dollar collapses. I will revisit this thread when it finally happens and see how people responded before the fact, and compare it to how they respond after it happens.

So what do you think, will you regret having ignored Dr. Paul when the dolla collapses?
No, I will regret that Ron Paul was a whack job when it comes to national security and the defense of our country and therefore put him completely out of the realm of ever havng eough credibility to become President.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:16 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,368,672 times
There has been talk about replacing USD as the worlds reserve currency for a few years now,other countries know all the printing is devaluing their holdings. The 2 ideas are a basket of currencies or using SDR's. So yes I think USD will collapse due to hyperinflation or just years of double digit inflation.

There is also movement from other countries to trade in their own currencies, China, Russia, and Iran have agreements with each other and others. Just recently Iceland is striking a deal to use the Canadian loonie as their currency, being smart they did not choose USD. Kind of interesting countries are making moves away from USD, could they see a collapse?

The part where China has all those holdings and how are they going to get rid of them with out cutting their own throats does baffle me.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:04 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:

and because they are old they are even more stubborn since they dont want to admit they are WRONG.

we should have a topic on why dixiegirl and such posters vote for romney and the other candidates.

and have a nice debate.

but did people HEAR what some of those supporters said on the topic of why vote for romney? THEY SAID BECAUSE HE IS handsome or looks good for his age.

then its about electability. FACT is none of them are electable it will be a shoe in for obama.

Ron Paul is electable except they dont like him taking away their toys so they force the unelectable on him by CHOICE.

they want to elect hollywood stars to the office, if the stars were well educated and knew things about the world then fine but they want to elect the biggest **** into office basically.

well tell these presidents they better flash their stuff then to get them votes >.>
One question:
What do YOU consider Old?

Over 20
Over 30
Over 40
Over 50
Over 60
Over 70

How old is the Doctor?????

Old 03-07-2012, 07:09 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
No, I will regret that Ron Paul was a whack job when it comes to national security and the defense of our country and therefore put him completely out of the realm of ever havng eough credibility to become President.
That ^^ is exactly what drove the initial wedge between me and some of the Paulbots here, his naive thoughts when it came to the security of the Nation. FYI: your statement now make you their enemy, welcome to the club, it has many members and they come from all politcal positions so you are in good company

Old 03-07-2012, 07:10 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
The dollar is not going to collapse. Why does every libertarian think they are an economist?
why does every economist think they are an economist?

they clearly have no idea where we are headed, otherwise there wouldn't have been the NEED for massive debt monetization.

i already regret that we didn't listen to dr. paul.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I don't have to admit anything other than the fact that i was posting from my android and didn't take the time to edit the post because i was at work. I think it is pretty obvious if you go back through all of my posts in the past that i usually make every effort to be sure that i edit my posts for clerical errors, and it is even more obvious the tactics used by some people in order to belittle their political adversaries and muddy the water on the issues at hand. Not only is it immature, it is also utterly trite and petty ... Certain people should grow up and deal with the issues.
yes, they should grow up and that goes for you as well. If you really knew my political background, you might think twice about suggesting, as you did, earlier I do more research and expand my knowledge about issues. I will leave it at that.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:

and have a nice debate.

my 20 something granddauther and her husband would not be happy you called them old, nor would my college age grandduaghter. This goes for most of their firends and families, many from Texas I will add. Our daughter in Fl, in her early 40s doesn't think of herself or huband as old, they happen to be supporting Romney, I will let them know they are old. I will let my best friend's daughter, who is an Obama supporter, just turned 22 know she is old as well. I guess I could go on and on, but don't think all old people don't care or young people support Paul. BTW, where did you see or hear anyone said they would vote for Romney because he is good looking. I have heard people refer to him as good looking but never say that is why they are supporting him.

Now, just one more question? Why did you capitolize words that are not proper names or start new paragraphs while not even finishing a sentence? It is a little confusing or is this how you always write?

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections