Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2012, 08:57 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,675,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaybu View Post
That's because you missed the main point of the ad: there are thousands of workers who, after they lose their jobs, also lose their healthcare coverage. And then if sickness strikes, you are in a financial deep hole. The ad is meant to illustrate such a particular case.
...albeit in a very mean, dishonest and disgusting way. But they failed, and instead, they showed the mean, dishonest and disgusting side of the Obama's reelection machine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 08:59 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Absolutely true.

Plus, many companies that NOW offer health care, are going to dump it because Obama has created a situation where the big health insurance companies won't be able to compete with the government's plan (subsidized by taxpayers).

In less than 2 decades, your health care will be like the DVM.

Canada is already crying that their system is unsustainable and people cannot get a primary care physician. They hold lotteries in some town for a doctor. And their Canadian Supreme Court has ruled that "access to a waiting list is not access to health care".
The only ones crying about the Canadian or British systems are, well, some unaware Americans.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:01 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,327 times
Poor Mr. Romney. He's running for office and the peons dare question him!

Old 08-09-2012, 09:03 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,714,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
...albeit in a very mean, dishonest and disgusting way. But they failed, and instead, they showed the mean, dishonest and disgusting side of the Obama's reelection machine.

What this ad actually does is make it so that any future ads for Obama will be disregarded by the people who he wants to reach.

They will remember that Obama's people lied to them.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:03 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,675,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The only ones crying about the Canadian or British systems are, well, some unaware Americans.
"Unaware" of why so many cars with Canadian plates are clogging up the hospital parking lots of the border states, maybe

Old 08-09-2012, 09:04 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,343 times
Quote:
What this ad actually does is make it so that any future ads for Obama will be disregarded by the people who he wants to reach.

They will remember that Obama's people lied to them.
Ah... probably most people don't care about political ads, guy.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Wow....did a moonbat REALLY just say that? More LIES from the Lefties:

Maybe the CBC isn't Canadian???....

Health care unsustainable: report. What do you think should be done? - Point of View

Need a Doctor in Canada?:

Need A Doctor? Better Win the Lottery

Perhaps the Canadian Supreme Court isn't really Canadian either?:

Anchor Rising: Canadian Supreme Court: "Access to a Waiting List is NOT Access to Health Care"

Old 08-09-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
Ah... probably most people don't care about political ads, guy.

I'm pretty sure I've see YOU saying that Obama's attack ads work here on C-D before.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:17 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,343 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I've see YOU saying that Obama's attack ads work here on C-D before.
Umm... I don't think I did. Maybe I have said that Obama's attacking of Mitt Romney on his taxes thing is working, but I don't have a tv, so I don't actually watch any of these ads. I know that when I'm at someone's house and political ads come on I just sort of tune them out no matter which side they're on.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:19 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,971,106 times
Quote:
Possibly even funnier.....if that's possible????

The Obama campaign is forced to pretend that the Obama Super PAC responsible for yesterday’s smear heard ’round the world is entirely independent of it rather than a wholly owned subsidiary. What you’re about to see is the absurdity of that fiction taken to its logical conclusion. So eager is lifelike talking-points robot Stephanie Cutter to keep the campaign’s fingerprints off the cheap lies in the PAC ad that she claims at 4:00 in the video not to know the facts about when Soptic’s wife got sick or when she died.

Minor problem: The campaign itself featured Soptic in not one but two ads several months ago and had him tell the story of his wife’s death after he lost his insurance during a conference call with — ta da — Stephanie Cutter.

CNN VIDEO

Exit quotation lie via Obama campaign spokesman Jen Psaki: “[W]e don’t have any knowledge of the story of the family.”

How EMBARRASSING!!!
As well as illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections