Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2012, 07:24 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Right-

The ad essentially claims that Romney killed this woman; she died 7 years after he left Bain. Why not just say he caused the Holocaust, WW2, and the breakup of the Beatles? He may have killed Christ as well.

I know of patients I have had who died several years after I left that practice. Should I be sued for malpractice?
Do you also denounce the Romney ad mentioned in post#19 that is a complete lie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 08:59 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
Here's an honest ad:

Broken Promises: Romney's Massachusetts Record - YouTube

Old 08-08-2012, 09:10 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

You will not get an answer. I posted the same article twice yesterday. Not one response.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:38 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,524,305 times
WHO CARES!! I don't even know why Obama or Romney are running ads!

You all know it is the truth - everyone knows right now who they are going to vote for. No political ad is going to change anyone's mind about anything.

There are rabid Obama supporters out there who think he is part of the second coming. It would not matter WHAT he did or what he thinks or even what he plans. To those folks, he is a modern-day Moses and they will vote for him regardless.

And as for folks voting for Romney, a big bunch of them would vote for WHOMEVER is running against Obama. It wouldn't matter who it was. The rest like Mitt and want to see him in office.

Everyone already knows who they are going to vote for so I don't get why these political ads are even being run - just a big ole waste of money!

Old 08-08-2012, 09:59 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,718,244 times
Another day and another LIE exposed in this Obama PAC ad.....

The man in the ad says that when he lost his job at the steel plant, he lost his health care. He SPECIFICALLY goes on to say his FAMILY lost it's health care.

But.....

CNN spoke to Joe Soptic, and found out that when he lost his GST job, his wife still was working and carried her own health insurance.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:04 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Everyone already knows who they are going to vote for so I don't get why these political ads are even being run - just a big ole waste of money!
Absolutely. I think most if not all voters have made up their mind. Let's get the election over with!

The amount of money being spent by all sources is obscene. Take that money and donate it to a good cause. One which will benefit people more than television networks.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I read the Liberal Washington Posts "reasoning" for calling it a lie. And as always, I read it in complete disbelief at the extent to which they will carry water for Obama.

They even say that the order smells very fishy and then turn around and say Romney's ad lies.

They use as an example of a "lie" Romney saying that Obama's order guts the work for welfare standard.

Then they say:

Quote:
Conservatives may have legitimate concerns about the process in which the administration has approached this issue, or its legal reasoning, but that does not excuse the Romney campaign from charging that there is an “Obama plan” to weaken the law and issue welfare checks to people who do not work.
The ENTIRE change is meant to weaken the welfare law!!! It CERTAINLY isn't to make it HARDER!!

Old 08-08-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Absolutely. I think most if not all voters have made up their mind. Let's get the election over with!

Please don't quite your day job and get involved with political campaigns!!

THIS is the time when MOST people actually begin to pay attention.....just because YOU are active enough and post on political forums doesn't mean the large sector of the electorate that only cares about what the Kardashians are wearing today do.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:09 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,572,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Obama and his supporters live by the motto:

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS"
That's why Obama lets Romney speak for himself.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:10 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Right-

The ad essentially claims that Romney killed this woman; she died 7 years after he left Bain. Why not just say he caused the Holocaust, WW2, and the breakup of the Beatles? He may have killed Christ as well.

I know of patients I have had who died several years after I left that practice. Should I be sued for malpractice?
The man lost his job and health insurance. Because these people no longer could afford health insurance, his wife did not seek timely medical help for her symptoms ultimately leading to her untimely death.

In my practice, I have seen this MANY times. People lost their health insurance and were unable to afford medical care for ensuing cancers. They arrive for medical treatment when the pain becomes unbearable and it is too late to save them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections