Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2012, 01:59 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,717,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
It was a LIE. Romney and his AD claimed that Obama Administration was making it easier for Welfare recipients not to work. That is NOT what the Memo outlines. It was NOT a sneaky tactic when in fact Romney himself wrote a letter in 2005 in favor of States having the flexibility to mandate Welfare for their state.
Where is this imaginary real intent? Point it out. Its apparent that you HAVEN'T read the memo which is pretty clear.

LOL.......your trust is affected in direct proportion to your Obama idolization.

I am POSITIVE that is his intent and equally POSITIVE that history will prove me right. Too many coincidences for it to mean anything else.

I'm so happy for you that you are blind to how this was accomplished by skirting the intent of the law...it must make living in Obamaland where rule by edict without regard to the law is commonplace....even laws the HE sponsored!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 02:01 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Whenever you answer how the guy responsible for buying it almost a decade before it goes under is somehow responsible for what happened nearly 10 years later.
Because a major part of the company's debt was taken on Bain's insistence and for Bain's benefit. Now, feel free to answer. Was Bain's decision to grab 36 million borrowed dollars from GST's coffers to the company's benefit?

Old 08-08-2012, 02:02 PM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post

LOL do you realize how ridiculously silly it is to make all kinds of accusations and assumptions against some person you're talking to on the internet and you don't even know their real name? Obviously not! Seriously, guy, take a deep breath and go get some fresh air! It must make you feel better about yourself or something to assume that everyone who disagrees with you is some Obama-worshipping mouth-breather, huh?
This is not an assumption.

You are dishonest.

You are defending what you know to be a lie.

You can deflect from this, but you are fine with dirty lies that help Obama based on your own words.

I am speculating that you are not naturally dishonest, perhaps you are. What makes you think it is okay for horrific lies to be told in favor of Obama? My guess is, that you are too emotionally tied up with Obama. What reason do you have to be so dishonest?

Old 08-08-2012, 02:08 PM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Really! And I believe that's the first time I've ever seen someone hyperventilate on a forum before...!!
Ha ha, you can deflect all you want.

You are what is wrong with American politics. You and Zimar are fine with an egregious lie, even though you know it is a lie, because it helps Obama.

Florida.bob is to be commended for being honest and having a backbone.

More people on both sides need to be like Florida.bob.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:11 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
There's inertia in this sort of thing. Bain loaded the company with debt to reclaim their cost in taking it over and grabbed a few hundred percent on top of that, presumably for their trouble. The company staggered on, but ultimately couldn't service the debt and folded.
No wonder libs keep blaming Bush.

Bain bought companies in trouble. They didn't need to load the company with debt.

Businesses come and go all the time. The reality is that this woman died YEARS after her husband lost his job (not shortly, like the lie in the ad). She had insurance. She chose to not go and see a doctor, whatever the reason.

It's called personal responsibility. I know it's a foreign concept to liberals, who need mommy-government to tell them how to act and think.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:12 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
This is not an assumption.

You are dishonest.

You are defending what you know to be a lie.

You can deflect from this, but you are fine with dirty lies that help Obama based on your own words.

I am speculating that you are not naturally dishonest, perhaps you are. What makes you think it is okay for horrific lies to be told in favor of Obama? My guess is, that you are too emotionally tied up with Obama. What reason do you have to be so dishonest?
Can you quote where I lied specifically please? Because I didn't. You are calling me a liar for no reason. I don't know what that does to your "credibility."

Old 08-08-2012, 02:12 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Men (meaning more than one) who SERVED with Kerry relating the TRUTH about him is not a smear.
Keep telling yourself that. If there is a hell for politicos, whoever came up with the Swift-Boat accusations will surely go there.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:14 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,717,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Because a major part of the company's debt was taken on Bain's insistence and for Bain's benefit. Now, feel free to answer. Was Bain's decision to grab 36 million borrowed dollars from GST's coffers to the company's benefit?

When you show a credible source for that information, I might.

I will have to decide if you actually answered my question because even if that is true (yet to be ascertained) nearly a decade went by with the company not failing before an Obama bundler closed it down.

Had Romney been in charge, a lot of other things may have happened. We KNOW Romney has a pretty good track record of turning deficits into surpluses.

Obama's track record however? Not so much.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:14 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
LOL.......your trust is affected in direct proportion to your Obama idolization.

I am POSITIVE that is his intent and equally POSITIVE that history will prove me right. Too many coincidences for it to mean anything else.

I'm so happy for you that you are blind to how this was accomplished by skirting the intent of the law...it must make living in Obamaland where rule by edict without regard to the law is commonplace....even laws the HE sponsored!

There goes that child like behavior again, you accuse me of insulting you. But when you find it difficult to provide any factual basis for what is NOT in the memo you resort to your own insult. But no biggie, the memo is clear and Romney agreed in 2005. The power will go to the States to structure their own rules and policies to concerning Welfare.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:16 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,662 times
Quote:
You are wrong now, and you will be wrong then. But you're a birther, so what else could I expect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections