Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 07:13 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
View

Democrats: Give me what you have. I can't take care of myself. Jealousy, anger

Republican: I can take care of myself just leave me alone.
Oh, brother. Let's see.

The Republicans are about choice.

Choices about: 1) how to invest YOUR own Social Security contributions, and 2) different options for Medicare.

Most people don't have the wherewithal to invest their retirement money properly, and most seniors don't want OPTIONS for their health, they want a predetermined slate of appropriate benefits without an absurd amount of compare-contrast required.

Get real. Here, Romney and, especially Ryan, SUCK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 07:15 PM

464 posts, read 479,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Trust me.......not a single Republican woman is jealous of Moochelle the Wookie! Not a single one wants to be one single bit like her.

Trust me.
Are you five? Her name is Michelle Obama.

Republican women are not jealous of her because they don't see themselves in her.

Michelle Obama has grace, class and style.

These things Republican women do not have. They see themselves in Ann Romney because she is a stepford, out of touch rich man wife.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:17 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
View

Dead on and to the point. Not that hard to understand (unless your IQ is under 50).

Old 08-29-2012, 07:21 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
I think Ann Romney is a liability for Mitt, especially after that speech. Generally, spousal appearances are considered a "neutral," but if the spouse ruffles feathers, she becomes a "negative." I was in a room in which people were making "is this for real?" grimaces during her speech.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 08-29-2012 at 07:57 PM..

Old 08-29-2012, 07:37 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I'll believe it was a basement when I see pictures of it. More likely it was an off campus garden apartment.

Or the Dower House.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:43 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Sad to see the democratic party desolve into a bunch of jealous haters and bigots on top of it.
Because it's not like Swift Boats and other Rovian black ops and jolly japes taught them a lesson or anything. Everyone must play by Queensberry rules except us, eh?

Old 08-29-2012, 07:45 PM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
View

Does that mean that the republicans are going to reimburse the Federal Government the $50 million that were spent on their security at the convention?

If they are serious, they really should, you know.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:50 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,045,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
The Romney's may not be the only contributors. I guess he doesn't meet certain standards for certain people because he isn't the only contributor??? He created it. I'm guessing he did that for show???

Good God, people can't give credit where credit is due because of the evil green monster of jealousy? Whatever... I'm guessing if he gave ALL his money away, people would be upset because they didn't like WHO he gave it to. After all, he didn't earn it and it belongs to the government. The government should be allowed to squander it for him. Isn't there a new Solyndra waiting to happen somewhere?

Congrats to your daughter. Because she passed on the award someone else was able to appreciate and use it.
The ROmney's are not a contributor AT ALL!!! It is the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Taxpayer money.

She sure made it sound like it was a great contribution by the Romney's of money to help college students, but it was striclty government paying for it. The kind of things the R's are now against.

I think the fact that so many people on here think this is something Romney funded is evidence that the statement was, at best, deceptive. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she didn't mean it to come out that way, but it did.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
No. It's about Ann Romney offensively pretending she was poor at some point in time. It's disgusting she thinks the American public is that stupid.
Sadly, according to this thread, many are that stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Based on the way she spends our money on frivolous vacations, I would have to say that she has forgotten her humble beginnings. Or she doesn't give a crap about us. She knows most Americans are struggling and she spends $1 million of or tax money on vacations? But, I guess that is ok since she understands what it is like to be poor. She deserves it. Whatever.
Off topic reference to Michelle Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
The millionaire governor was a self made man who was an emigrant who never graduated college. He made it on his own, as did his children.
Mitt inherited $250 K from the old man, and promptly donated the entire amount to charity. He made every penny he has, on his own.
By flapping your lips with no facts, you qualify as a democrat.............
Emigrant! What a joke. George Romney's parents were US citizens who moved to a polygamy colony in Mexico. George Romney was born a US citizen, also a Mexican citizen. He repatriated to the US and eventaully became the head of Nash/Rambler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Since when? You never saw those commercials on TV with the stair machine or the hover around for outside? It's all covered by ones insurance or free if you are on Medicaid.

My MIL, who was on Medicaid, was given a hover around. She was scared of it so she wanted it sent back but they would not come to get it. Medicaid fraud, the salesman needed the quota or his next months allowance would not be as big and he would need to send back the tax payers money----you know, yours and mine. My hubby finally said he would contact the attorney general for medicaid fraud so they finally came and took it back.

I wonder how many of those machines are just sitting gathering dust and we pay for it. At least the Romney's pay for things they have.
Are you sure you don't mean "Medicare"?

Quote:
Jealousy is altogether negative, regressive state of mind. The jealous thought says “I want what you have, and thus until I have it, you shouldn’t have it either.” This is very different from simple envy, because now the emphasis is not on you moving forward, but rather on keeping the other person back. That’s why jealousy can be so destructive and all-consuming; the jealous individual gets into a state of mind that presumes the right to control other people’s pleasure.
Yes, it's really something that there are so many RWs who are jealous of people on welfare, food stamps, medicaid and the like.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 PM

672 posts, read 811,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
Are you five? Her name is Michelle Obama.

Republican women are not jealous of her because they don't see themselves in her.

Michelle Obama has grace, class and style.

These things Republican women do not have. They see themselves in Ann Romney because she is a stepford, out of touch rich man wife.
Are you five? I didn't really care for that comment that was made but yet you returned it with the same type of B.S..

But heck, most of you here are one-sided, hate spewing, child acting, our sides poop doesn't stink. I guess I'll join in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections