Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 06:12 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I thought you people loved draft dodgers? Bill Clinton pops into mind...just sayin. Maybe he did not agree with the war...then he would be a hero right? I could care less, I want a person in the white house with a business mind and common sense, he is that man right now. No one president is perfect in all regards and the one we have is the worst we have seen to date.
Did Bill Clinton take part in protests FOR the draft, all the while knowing full well that while other young men were dying in the jungles of S.E. Asia, he would be riding his bike around France and living in a mansion while trying to convert the unsuspecting citizens of France to his religion?

Pathetic comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1

Michelle Obama was raised very lower middle class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidgetsmidget View Post
And her father had MS
I wonder how many dancing horses he had?

Old 08-29-2012, 06:28 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I certainly wouldn't call someone a winner who needs to resort to name calling and making silly claims to make their "argument".
LOL, do you mean like calling a felon, or are we referring to the killer of a women? Do you mean calling people racist or insinuating that people who have a business are bad people. You can dish it out but can't deal with it when it comes back at you.

Quote:
Hardly what I would describe as a loser.
Then quit acting like one. I'm sick of hearing about everyones victimhood as they try to steal from others.

Quote:
od year and that was 12 years ago. Hardly what I would describe as a loser.

So every working woman who is struggling to make ends meet, in your opinion, is a loser?
Everyone struggles . But the way you are all acting like your the only one who has problems and acting like a bunch of jealous idiots.

Last edited by eRayP; 08-29-2012 at 06:38 PM..

Old 08-29-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
How DARE you. So, you've decided that it's not enough to raise 5 boys? Her husband had to leave her for her to be "real"? Why 5 boys? Why not 7? If you only have 5, you're not "real". Why breast cancer? Why not ovarian cancer? If you only have breast cancer, you're not "real".

Why can't you liberals admit you hate her because she's a conservative woman. At least be a little intellectually honest with yourselves. Quit pretending that you hate her because she hasn't had it hard enough, based on your imaginary scale.
What? Raising five boys somehow makes one special?

I raised five boys (still have one at home) and I did that as a single parent working two, sometimes three, jobs.

And while I haven't battled cancer or MS, I did get seriously injured working at my last job (in a SAWMILL), leaving me permanently disabled.

I didn't realize I was special.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:36 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Michelle Obama was raised very lower middle class.
Michelle Obama is an impressive woman - one who is able to balance poise, strength, and Ivy League level intelligence. I didn't know what to think of her in 2008, but I've come to admire her.

Her husband, the President, came from a non-traditional family and was raised by a single mom, one who succumbed to cancer and didn't have the best resources/care to deal with it.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:37 PM

Jealousy is altogether negative, regressive state of mind. The jealous thought says “I want what you have, and thus until I have it, you shouldn’t have it either.” This is very different from simple envy, because now the emphasis is not on you moving forward, but rather on keeping the other person back. That’s why jealousy can be so destructive and all-consuming; the jealous individual gets into a state of mind that presumes the right to control other people’s pleasure.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:49 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I didn't realize I was special.
women, mothers especially, ARE special, regardless of where they come from, or what class they are in.

people look at ann romney today, and judge her story based on what she is today, rather than perhaps take her story at face value and realize that just because mitts father was rich, doesnt mean that mitt started out rich. dad may have told mitt that he is going to have to make it on his own while dad is alive. has anyone ever thought about that? remember that mitt made his OWN money, and when his father died, he donated ALL of his fathers money to charity.

i dont denigrate michelle obama, i think she is a fine lady in her own right and has raised two fine daughters. by the same token i dont dengrate ann romney or sarah palin either, as they, along with every other mother on the planet, have raised their children. rich or poor, unless they abused or killed their children, ALL mothers deserve our respect. they go through a lot for their children(including their husbands!!).

Old 08-29-2012, 06:52 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And she forgot to mention that the basement apartment was a 7000 square-foot basement apartment.

And she and Mitt made their money? LOL. Most people who are rich today are rich because their families were rich. When you start off on third base, it's not that difficult to hit a home run.
You probably ought to do some research about how they became wealthy before you spout off. They give more in charity (including Mitt's entire inheritance) in one week than you will earn in a lifetime.

Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You may not be jealous of other people's jealousy (gosh, who would be?), but evidently you have reading comprehension problems.

Your post about Michelle Obama, and all her vacations, dripped of jealousy.
Trust me.......not a single Republican woman is jealous of Moochelle the Wookie! Not a single one wants to be one single bit like her.

Trust me.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:01 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You probably ought to do some research about how they became wealthy before you spout off. They give more in charity (including Mitt's entire inheritance) in one week than you will earn in a lifetime.

Deal with it.

Trust me.......not a single Republican woman is jealous of Moochelle the Wookie! Not a single one wants to be one single bit like her.

Trust me.
So, Dale, you're white and Mormon then, or some very right-of-center Christian? Seriously, because this "colors" people's views. Harvard grads who look the look and talk the talk get absorbed into the mucky-muck "good ole boy" system and then print money, and the situation mushrooms. His education, squeaky clean looks, political ties, patrician ties, and yes, SLC ties, created a synergistic effect for him, and don't deny it. There are Harvard MBAs, who sort of ended up there, who competently teach in community colleges or run not-for-profits. They are certainly not rich and they are invisible. More often that not, they are not wh***s, but they are contributors to society. I'm sure that, in sifting through Mitt's corporate career, there is plenty of evidence that he has been a wh**e. And the wh**ing most likely made landfall at this breakfast table.

In short, Dale, knowing the demographics of the posters helps assess the polarized views people have, such as yours.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:06 PM

View

Democrats: Give me what you have. I can't take care of myself. Jealousy, anger

Republican: I can take care of myself just leave me alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections