Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 08:08 PM

672 posts, read 811,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Most people don't have the wherewithal to invest their retirement money properly, and most seniors don't want OPTIONS for their health, they want a predetermined slate of appropriate benefits without an absurd amount of compare-contrast required.
Typical, people are to stupid and want us to regulate and make all their choices for them. It's not most people. It's the typical mindset of people like you.

I would rather be left alone and I know there is a lot of us too. Were just not as vocal because Well, we want to be left alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yes, but if you're going to get a catastrophic disease, it must be nice to be fortunate enough to be able to afford the best treatment that money can buy.

How many other women with cancer or MS or some other disease get to have first class treatment and not have to worry about jumping through the hoops the insurance companies make us "regular" folks jump through - if they are lucky enough to have insurance at all.

How many women get to have dancing horses and claim they are a necessary part of their MS treatment?

How many women with breast cancer will DIE because they couldn't afford treatment AT ALL?

Seriously.....I have zero sympathy for her and a lot of that has to do with how she comes across - as just another smug and arrogant rich ***** with the same attitude of entitlement her husband has ("It's our turn!").

And her lame attempts at trying to present themselves just like any other struggling young marrieds just makes me detest her even more. Do they really think people are that stupid???
You keep going on about the horses. You have some serious horse envy.

Over and over again about having money equals no struggles in life. Such hate for somebody financially better off than you. It pores out in ever post you make. Sorry your life sucks so bad.

"rich ***** "

You should have made better choices and you could have been one too.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
What? Raising five boys somehow makes one special?

I raised five boys (still have one at home) and I did that as a single parent working two, sometimes three, jobs.

And while I haven't battled cancer or MS, I did get seriously injured working at my last job (in a SAWMILL), leaving me permanently disabled.

I didn't realize I was special.
raising 5 boys well makes you special- and ann romney did a good job.

if you did that also, then you are special too.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
You keep going on about the horses. You have some serious horse envy.

Over and over again about having money equals no struggles in life. Such hate for somebody financially better off than you. It pores out in ever post you make. Sorry your life sucks so bad.

"rich ***** "

You should have made better choices and you could have been one too.
What is all this "envy" talk? Is that Rush's talking point for today?

Old 08-29-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Now YOU sound like you've been through a lot ... as an anonymous face on the street.

Ann Romney SUCKS. Period. And, again, it would be interesting to have a speech professional (pathologist, profiler) evaluate the authenticity of her intonation, sincerity and whatnot. It was non-existent. People should looks right THROUGH that speech and really see what kind of First Lady we'd be getting. One whose phoniness is commensurate to that of her smarmy husband.
Oh my, She's been through a lot. Her struggles are validated. Ann sucks because she has money and I hate her politics.

I see how it is. One's struggles only amounts to such if your poor and make bad choices. If you're Rich, heck your struggles don't count.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What is all this "envy" talk? Is that Rush's talking point for today?
Short sighted. I'm no republican. Quit trying to lump everyone together because they disagree with the garbage spewing out.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:13 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Does that mean that the republicans are going to reimburse the Federal Government the $50 million that were spent on their security at the convention?

If they are serious, they really should, you know.
Only if all the businessess who made a fortune off their purchases give them their money back.

I wouldn't expect a dem to understand, though, that a convention is a wonderful thing for local economy. Nor would I expect a dem to understand that taxes paid by those local businesses paid the salaries of the public security (if in fact it is public security).

Old 08-29-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because Michelle Obama didn't grow up in a "nice" neighborhood???

Because the "gifted and talented" programs Michelle Obama was a part of were in public schools?

Michelle Obama has lifetime experiences that approximate the kinds of lives the average American woman live.

I think quite highly of Ann Romney, but she's never had real financial worries. Average people do. And financial worries color every part of a person's life. When you are trying to decide if you're going to pay the electric bill or the mortgage this month, you also are counting your pennies about the gas you put in the car, you're not going anywhere, you're not buying magazines at the store, you're letting out Susie's old dress so that her younger sister Sharon can wear it this year. You're hollering at Tommy for ripping his jeans because you can't afford to buy new jeans, and these were his good jeans to wear to church. It's these kinds of thoughts, and how money affects every aspect of their lives, this kind of reality, that average Americans do deal with, and Mrs Romney, who seems generous and caring and genuine, still for all her empathy, would have a hard time understanding, because it's utterly foreign to her. When money gets tight and Mitt can just sell more stock, that's a reality that foreign to the rest of us, but that was Ann Romney's reality when she and Mitt were just starting out. When they needed a place to live near Harvard, Mitt's dad bought it for them. That was Ann Romney's reality, which is foreign to the average American. They started out with money, made more money, and made more and more and more money. That's not the reality for average Americans.
You know I like this post not because I agree with it but for the reason it stated a rational point of thinking without calling people morons and a lot of other hateful statements being spewed here.

I disagree with it but it is a respectable.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:19 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
Typical, people are to stupid and want us to regulate and make all their choices for them. It's not most people. It's the typical mindset of people like you.

I would rather be left alone and I know there is a lot of us too. Were just not as vocal because Well, we want to be left alone.
What the hell are you saying?

1) why should Social Security be privatized and give people the wherewithal to invest that money on their own? They wouldn't know what the hell to do. I was talking to a friend who works for the state government in CA. I always thought it was "drone central." He said that, while this is true in many areas, Ivy League MBAs are employed in the investment areas of the retirement funds because it's that challenging and critical. Get real!

2) do you want Medicare Mabel at age 84 peering over her cheap reading glasses glancing at the internet for what Medicare "options" she has? There are no "options" necessary. Some people will be too old, frail, and lacking in the knowledge to peruse "options" and make good choices. Again, get real!

Old 08-29-2012, 08:21 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
Look, rich folks think differently. It is beyond her comprehension, to really understand what poverty is...not unlike trying to explain colors to a blind person. They say they "understand", without really getting "it". This is commonly referred to as "verbalisms". Saying something without ever experiencing it, or really knowing how offensive it is.

She is a protected child who has never worked a day in her life or needed money. She has never been broke. Don't blame her. She just has no clue how stupid she sounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections